Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes due 8.2m next year. He is probably worth around half that at this point in his career.

I'll bet they dont find a trade partner and end up releasing him.

That 8.2 is high but not sure why the “he’s done” idea is there.

last year (w/o a QB most of it) he had a down year. The previous 5 he had a min 74 catches and 800 yds and 22 TD the previous 3 years.

absolutely worth the money and no question better than J Smith unless we’re still considering smith “knows the system”.

He was awful last year. He had 335 yards on 72 targets. He wasn't particularly efficient even in his best years. The Eagles just forced the ball to him because Wentz is a head case.

I'd rather spend the money elsewhere.

If healthy, he's an absolute beast. But obviously that's the big question there. If we're spending 8 million on a TE, we might as well bring back Smith. I imagine he'll be signing in the 8-10 million range.

He was awful last year. He had 335 yards on 72 targets. He wasn't particularly efficient even in his best years. The Eagles just forced the ball to him because Wentz is a head case.

I'd rather spend the money elsewhere.

Catches or yards per target isn't a particularly great measuring tool considering he was injured and his QB had a completion rate of just 57% this year. In prior years, his catch% has been right in line with Kelce.

He is likely a little overrated if you think you're getting someone on the level of Kelce at this stage in his career. But if he's healthy, he's likely to be a good bit better than Smith. But you're taking the risk on injury.

I think the Eagles find a trade partner. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the Patriots given their cap space and the need for weapons.

Catches or yards per target isn't a particularly great measuring tool considering he was injured and his QB had a completion rate of just 57% this year. In prior years, his catch% has been right in line with Kelce.

He is likely a little overrated if you think you're getting someone on the level of Kelce at this stage in his career. But if he's healthy, he's likely to be a good bit better than Smith. But you're taking the risk on injury.

I think the Eagles find a trade partner. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the Patriots given their cap space and the need for weapons.

Statisically, Kelse has been better in every way. Catch percentage, yards per target, 1st down %, touchdowns, etc, etc, etc.

I see how people can see his 116 catches from a few seasons ago, but I watched a lot of Eagles games and I just didn't see him as impactful. He had a lot of 12 yard catches on 3rd and 14.

I don't think Ertz makes this team better in any way, where we could spend that money on an impactful defensive player or a wide receiver, etc, etc, etc.

Statisically, Kelse has been better in every way. Catch percentage, yards per target, 1st down %, touchdowns, etc, etc, etc.

I see how people can see his 116 catches from a few seasons ago, but I watched a lot of Eagles games and I just didn't see him as impactful. He had a lot of 12 yard catches on 3rd and 14.

I don't think Ertz makes this team better in any way, where we could spend that money on an impactful defensive player or a wide receiver, etc, etc, etc.

I never said he was on par with Kelce. Aside from 2018, he hasn't been close. However, when he's been healthy over his career, he's been borderline elite, if not outright elite like his 2018 suggests. In fact, coming into the season, no TE in history had more catches through their first 7 years than Ertz. I do think it's clear his best days are behind him, though. And it's true that the money is likely better spent elsewhere. I even said if we're gonna spend 8 million on a TE, we might as well bring Smith back.

As far as a lot of catches on 3rd and 14, 60% of his catches have gone for 1st downs. Without looking, I'd say that's probably above average compared to other TEs across the league

I know it’s hard for people to imagine, but the Patriots are pretty much done for a while. What do they need weapons for? Who do they need weapons for? Brian Hoyer? The Patriots are no where near close to competing in that division. There is no QB out there that’s gets them close either. They need to be finding a way to get a new franchise QB. Another year older brown down can’t throw Cam Newton isn’t the answer. Fitzmagic? Until then they probably will suck.

Dallas Goeddert, on the same team last year, had more catches, yards, TD's, and a better yards/catch, on fewer targets than Ertz did. They played the same number of games.

It was clear to me watching him play any last season, that Ertz has declined significantly from the weapon he used to be.

Definitely not worth trading for. Only worth a low risk 1 year deal if he gets cut.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it’s hard for people to imagine, but the Patriots are pretty much done for a while. What do they need weapons for? Who do they need weapons for? Brian Hoyer? The Patriots are no where near close to competing in that division. There is no QB out there that’s gets them close either. They need to be finding a way to get a new franchise QB. Another year older brown down can’t throw Cam Newton isn’t the answer. Fitzmagic? Until then they probably will suck.
You do realize that we found our QB in the bargain bin don't you.....pats had half their team opt out last season and a qb that couldn't throw >10 yards. They'll be alright.

You do realize that we found our QB in the bargain bin don't you.....pats had half their team opt out last season and a qb that couldn't throw >10 yards. They'll be alright.

Ok.. so who then? Name the QB they can get. Then name the HOF RB they have to pair with that QB. Then name their top 10 WR they have?

You keep saying half their team. This is why you do. You never have an facts or actually stats, you just have a contrary opinion and never answer for it. Here are facts, which I’ve listed before. 8, EIGHT players opted out. I’m pretty sure 8 isn’t half of 53. 33 year old Patrick Chung and 31 year old D’Onta Hightower are the only players in that list of 8 anyone even really knows. If your position is that losing those players cost them the division and the playoffs then you are exactly what I think you are.

I know every team will be ok because they aren’t the Titans, so I ask you one more time to explain why. My position is that the Patriots are clearly 3rd in that division and could be 4th if Watson goes to the Jets. Argue that. tell me why you disagree. It isn’t so just because you say it. I have reasons for why I say things, they may be wrong sometimes, But at least I have a reason.

But as per usual all you will reply is “ lol ok” because you don’t have an answer. I don’t expect you to have an actual intelligent argument or debate but one last time I’m holding out hope you will explain your position or simply admit you have no idea what you are talking about.

If all you are going to do is troll me I respectfully ask you to stop. Debate the issues or just stay out.

As long as they have Billy B as HC, you can rest assure they will do everything they can to compete. Despite their struggles on offense and defense, they did manage to finish 7-9 last season. Also, they have a ton of cap space and will have 9 draft picks at their disposal.

Whether or not they will actually be competitive is an entirely different discussion. But they most certainly will not be rebuilding while Billy B is HC.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as they have Billy B as HC, you can rest assure they will do everything they can to compete. Despite their struggles on offense and defense, they did manage to finish 7-9 last season. Also, they have a ton of cap space and will have 9 draft picks at their disposal.

Whether or not they will actually be competitive is an entirely different discussion. But they most certainly will not be rebuilding while Billy B is HC.

I’m not saying they won’t try. The Texans will try. I’m saying they will not be successful at it. They don’t have A QB. There are only so many good ones to go around. Refusing a total rebuild will be BBS downfall. Ultimately it’s his ego. He is going to try and keep doing what they are doing and just imagine it was him all these years that got them to SBs. It’s clear it wasn’t. It was TB. There is a reason TB and Gronk left. BB can only harm his legacy by refusing to rebuild. Under a rebuild he can explain why they are down. Refusing it makes his scheme look not so great. maybe that’s why the Patriot Way hasn’t worked anywhere else. It’s a myth. The Patriot way is having the GOAT at QB.

By the way.. some of you keep saying, they went 7-9. 7-9 sucks. They aren’t a young up and coming team that went 7-9 with promise. They are on the way down. They are an old team as well.

It’s just my opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back