Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather sign Jonnu to a deal with an 8 mil cap hit than trade for Ertz and his 8 mil cap hit.

Firkser/Pruitt/Swaim did a solid job last yr. If we can resign that trio I would be fine with that as long as we spend money to either keep CD or sign another solid #2 WR.

I’d rather sign Jonnu to a deal with an 8 mil cap hit than trade for Ertz and his 8 mil cap hit.

Firkser/Pruitt/Swaim did a solid job last yr. If we can resign that trio I would be fine with that as long as we spend money to either keep CD or sign another solid #2 WR.
I personally believe Jonnu is worth an 8mil contract... we just dont need him, so let someone else pay his contract.

I think he is untapped potential and can be one of the top TEs in the league, but we dont need that, we need what we have, solid hands and good blockers for a lot cheaper.

I personally believe Jonnu is worth an 8mil contract... we just dont need him, so let someone else pay his contract.

I think he is untapped potential and can be one of the top TEs in the league, but we dont need that, we need what we have, solid hands and good blockers for a lot cheaper.

HUH? We don’t need it?

Eagles are open to trading him. What would it take ?

No way they would take Wilson would they ? lol

Ertz is from my neck of the woods / probably best football player ever from this area ha so I’d be down; but like many are saying he’s on the wrong side of his career now. Jonnu is about ready to hit his best prime years while Ertz is coming down off his.

Yeah, I don't mind losing jonnu smith, either. I think firksker is just as good if not better AND he is more important in the offense.
Jonnu is just a luxury that I would rather spend on some defensive help and corey davis.

I don't expect him to be released but he'd be a nice pickup for the right price.
Depends on OJ Howard, Gronk sounds like he is re-signing so he could be the odd one out.

Keep One: Buccaneers TE Cameron Brate or O.J. Howard?

Tampa Bay is expected to bring tight end Rob Gronkowski back for a second season, although he is currently set to hit the market on Mar. 17. At 31 years old and after earning $9.25 million last season, he could certainly take a small pay cut, but it is unlikely that he earns a new contract while both tight ends Cameron Brate and O.J. Howard count for at least $6 million against the cap, apiece.

One of Brate and Howard, if not both, could be on their way out of Tampa Bay as such. Whether it be via release as cap casualties or in potential trades, this is the harsh side of the business and it isn't practical to spend... let's call it a projected $20 million per season among three tight ends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on OJ Howard, Gronk sounds like he is re-signing so he could be the odd one out.

Keep One: Buccaneers TE Cameron Brate or O.J. Howard?

Tampa Bay is expected to bring tight end Rob Gronkowski back for a second season, although he is currently set to hit the market on Mar. 17. At 31 years old and after earning $9.25 million last season, he could certainly take a small pay cut, but it is unlikely that he earns a new contract while both tight ends Cameron Brate and O.J. Howard count for at least $6 million against the cap, apiece.

One of Brate and Howard, if not both, could be on their way out of Tampa Bay as such. Whether it be via release as cap casualties or in potential trades, this is the harsh side of the business and it isn't practical to spend... let's call it a projected $20 million per season among three tight ends.
I would assume they would let o.j. go, he's never seemed to be very well utilized there. I wouldn't mind him either assuming he's cheap

If Howard is cut, heck yeah, bring them in. Not trading for him though.

And pass on Brate. We have better/younger options on the team already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back