Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it likely that Mett could be the backup and go in for Locker? Didn't we pay Whitehurst a decent bit of money to be a backup? I hope we can find our franchise QB for years to come and I honestly hope it is Mett, but I don't really see him getting playing time this year.
I think the opening depth chart looks like this:
1) Locker
2) Whitehurst
3) Mettenburger

But if Jake goes down for any significant period of time I think we're going to see Mett almost immediately jump in front of Whitehurst.

If locker does go down and at this point I would say it is likely somewhat that he will I will be very excited to see what this kid has got. I'd say by now we know what we have in locker but the unknown can be awesome too! Can't wait to see this kid play!

if jake stumbles and mett looks great in pre season, things could get a little closer than expected. It could become possible if we start losing games at beginning of regular season because we know whiz is quick to switch qb's. I by no means am hoping jake fails but i just want stability at the position no matter who it is. Mett seems to have a great attitude and cannon to match, who knows?

I just hope Locker turns the page and kills it this year, but I'm not counting on it...If he doesn't, here is to hoping Mett becomes our "Nick Foles" to the birds

Is Jake a leper or something? I hear the talk of "I am behind him", but do not trust most of it from members on this board. That young man is going to lead us to great things this year, and our newly acquired 6th round pick from LSU will be but a whisper. Crazy to read some of you think that Mett is our new franchise QB. If anything, Jake is the man that took something from a known Leper, and put it in his mouth. Being asked afterwards- How did you know that my leprosy was not contagious?- He replied- I didn't! Free high five for the reference.

Is Jake a leper or something? I hear the talk of "I am behind him", but do not trust most of it from members on this board. That young man is going to lead us to great things this year, and our newly acquired 6th round pick from LSU will be but a whisper. Crazy to read some of you think that Mett is our new franchise QB. If anything, Jake is the man that took something from a known Leper, and put it in his mouth. Being asked afterwards- How did you know that my leprosy was not contagious?- He replied- I didn't! Free high five for the reference.
overall- I have no idea what you are talking about, but the parts I can understand, I would respond with...

the fanbase here is clamoring for change. Basically a clean slate. I'm sure the tides will change for locker if he impresses this season, but for now, I would be thrilled to see just about every memory of the Titans from 2004-2013 stricken from the books.

overall- I have no idea what you are talking about, but the parts I can understand, I would respond with...

the fanbase here is clamoring for change. Basically a clean slate. I'm sure the tides will change for locker if he impresses this season, but for now, I would be thrilled to see just about every memory of the Titans from 2004-2013 stricken from the books.
Yea these last 10 years have been some real bull sh*t

If he dominates in preseason like Russell Wilson did his rookie year and we didn't start him then it would be stupid. It worked out for Seattle.

If he dominates in preseason like Russell Wilson did his rookie year and we didn't start him then it would be stupid. It worked out for Seattle.
This is what I hate about comparing anyone to Wilson, the guy was a 24 year old rookie, he had been playing QB for so long before being thrown in, Jake never had that benefit coming out of college. Wilson was also limited as a rookie, he still is limited. But you have to hand it to him, Wilson does a few things really really well.

This is what I hate about comparing anyone to Wilson, the guy was a 24 year old rookie, he had been playing QB for so long before being thrown in, Jake never had that benefit coming out of college. Wilson was also limited as a rookie, he still is limited. But you have to hand it to him, Wilson does a few things really really well.

I'm just saying if Zach comes out ball we need to give him a serious consideration!

I'm just saying if Zach comes out ball we need to give him a serious consideration!
Providing his knee is ready he will do well, he's an advanced QB, I was thrilled we landed him so late, kid shoulda been the 4th QB drafted but the knee injury and character concerns killed his stock. If he gets to play he'll make things interesting, but at this time I dont think he's better than Locker.

Providing his knee is ready he will do well, he's an advanced QB, I was thrilled we landed him so late, kid shoulda been the 4th QB drafted but the knee injury and character concerns killed his stock. If he gets to play he'll make things interesting, but at this time I dont think he's better than Locker.

I don't either but like I said if he balls out in preseason and Locker struggles in the new system, then we should def give him a shot.

I don't either but like I said if he balls out in preseason and Locker struggles in the new system, then we should def give him a shot.

I think the job is Locker's to lose. That said, I mean if he's grossly outplayed, I think you have to consider it for sure.

I've seen a few saying they're surprised people are so excited for a guy we grabbed in the 6th. Like JC said, he was projected much higher but fell to us for a few reasons. It would be nice for one of my favourite teams to finally find a stud/gem late in a draft.

Love the attitude! Not a QB controversy or a poor teammate, just a guy working hard every day to get better, as he should.

I liked Mettenberger at LSU. I know a lot of you guys arent fans, but I had him as number 6 ranked QB in the draft, and I routinely said I wouldnt be surprised at all if he ends up solid.

Very happy we landed him where we did.

Love the attitude! Not a QB controversy or a poor teammate, just a guy working hard every day to get better, as he should.

I liked Mettenberger at LSU. I know a lot of you guys arent fans, but I had him as number 6 ranked QB in the draft, and I routinely said I wouldnt be surprised at all if he ends up solid.

Very happy we landed him where we did.

agreed. arm talent+work ethic=franchise QB potential.

hope Jake kills it all year, and that Mett pushes him every day in camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back