Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I don't know. It looks weird with the yoke stopping shirt on the sleave.

Doesn't look as wide either.

Maybe it is bootleg.

Edit: Look at the stitching. Bootleg as ****.
I kinda like the dark blue stoppin before the end of the shirt..is this the yolk you speak of

His jersey isn't bootleg. Or you can't tell if it is, at least.

That's the new Nike format. Was like that last season. You're just used to seeing the Reebok where the yoke is wider instead of running into the collar. And now it stops at the sleeve cuff too.

His jersey isn't bootleg. Or you can't tell if it is, at least.

That's the new Nike format. Was like that last season. You're just used to seeing the Reebok where the yoke is wider instead of running into the collar. And now it stops at the sleeve cuff too.

The stitching looks "grandma's sweater" style to me.

Just doesn't look right to me.

My rebuttal was to your comment of Mett being "light years ahead" of where Jake was when he was drafted. What they have done since then has no baring on where they were when they were drafted.

Your own comment was what I was referring to when you said Mett ""is light years ahead of where Jake was as a draftee." So even if Jake fizzles out and never plays after this year and Mett is our starter for 15 years and goes to the hall of fame, doesn't mean that Mett was a better draftee. You can't take what has happened in Jake's career thus far to try and disprove his status as a better draftee because it has nothing to do with how good he was when he was drafted.

I also wasn't basing my argument solely on draft position. But you can't discount draft position, even if the Titans didn't take Jake at #8, he wasn't getting past the 2nd round and in all likelihood would have gone to Minnesota at #12 instead of them drafting Ponder (that's just based off of mock drafts at the time). Mett on the other hand was passed on by every team, in multiple rounds, until the 3rd day of the draft. And THAT is why he's not "light years ahead" (and probably not as good, but that's not the point) because NFL teams didn't see him as valuable as other NFL teams saw Jake coming out. Even if they were evenly ranked with the way NFL teams saw each player (which is where the true definition of "better draftee" really lies, not with our own opinion), Mett isn't "light years" ahead. Even if Mett was a little better, he's not "light years" ahead.

I watched tape of both coming out of college. What I see when I watch the tape is that Mett was a better QB than Jake and did it in a more competitive conference against the best the NCAA had to offer. The only thing Jake had over Mett in college is his speed and athleticism but a pure pocket passer, I do believe Mett IS light years ahead of where Jake was. You can disagree with my assessment but I can only speak on what I see.

As far as I'm concerned draft position means nothing to me, I only care about what I can see for myself on the field. What does it matter whether Jake was taken by us at 8 or by Minnesota at 12? That changes nothing about Jake as a player and he likely would be in a similar situation. A guy can suck whether he's taken in the 1st or 5th.This also says nothing about Mett. We know why he dropped and it wasn't talent related, why do you continue to gloss this over and pretend he's just your average 6th round QB who was taken that late because he sucked in college or played at a small school?

I'm also not factoring in anything about Jake's career after being drafted, my statement applies only to where they both were as passers when coming out of college, nothing more. If you watch them both play in college and feel Jake is the better QB then we'll just have to agree to disagree but in this particular case draft position mean jack sh*t to me.

I watched tape of both coming out of college. What I see when I watch the tape is that Mett was a better QB than Jake and did it in a more competitive conference against the best the NCAA had to offer. The only thing Jake had over Mett in college is his speed and athleticism but a pure pocket passer, I do believe Mett IS light years ahead of where Jake was. You can disagree with my assessment but I can only speak on what I see.

As far as I'm concerned draft position means nothing to me, I only care about what I can see for myself on the field. What does it matter whether Jake was taken by us at 8 or by Minnesota at 12? That changes nothing about Jake as a player and he likely would be in a similar situation. A guy can suck whether he's taken in the 1st or 5th.This also says nothing about Mett. We know why he dropped and it wasn't talent related, why do you continue to gloss this over and pretend he's just your average 6th round QB who was taken that late because he sucked in college or played at a small school?

I'm also not factoring in anything about Jake's career after being drafted, my statement applies only to where they both were as passers when coming out of college, nothing more. If you watch them both play in college and feel Jake is the better QB then we'll just have to agree to disagree but in this particular case draft position mean jack sh*t to me.
Mett was playin with 4 and 5 star players at lsu....jake played with 2 and 3 star players at best at washington

Blue chip players all day for Mett, and he was still maybe the number 4 quarterback in SEC.
Without lookin at stats id bet more lsu wide recievers mett played with were drafted than ALL positions combined at washington when jake played. Jake helped turn washington back to respectability...mett uf anything scaled back lsu's success

goTitans - Where everyone who does not have the ability to be a NFL scout thinks they are a NFL scout.

"Watching Tape" = YouTube

Scouting Report = Bleacher Report article

Personal experience = played junior varsity special teams

"Talked to someone" = Called in to 3HL and talked to Clay one time.

Mett was playin with 4 and 5 star players at lsu....jake played with 2 and 3 star players at best at washington

I disagree with this argument. It's usually a weak one.

Disclaimer I want Jake to succeed but just compare his stats to Keith Price who ran the same offense. Sarkasian Sp? was supposed to be a godsend for Jake but it never really came to fruition. It was a pretty friendly offense that Jake never seemed to flourish in. People love Jake for what he can be not what he is or has been.

goTitans - Where everyone who does not have the ability to be a NFL scout thinks they are a NFL scout.

"Watching Tape" = YouTube

Scouting Report = Bleacher Report article

Personal experience = played junior varsity special teams

"Talked to someone" = Called in to 3HL and talked to Clay one time.

I'll remember this post when you state any kind of opinion about any player's ability.

Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees are all excellent quarterbacks.

You plebs wouldn't understand this.

#justNFLscoutthings

Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees are all excellent quarterbacks.

You plebs wouldn't understand this.

#justNFLscoutthings

Bullsh*t TWW2 said VY is better than Aaron Rodgers and most other QB's and since I'm not allowed to form my own opinion he must be right!

I disagree with this argument. It's usually a weak one.

Disclaimer I want Jake to succeed but just compare his stats to Keith Price who ran the same offense. Sarkasian Sp? was supposed to be a godsend for Jake but it never really came to fruition. It was a pretty friendly offense that Jake never seemed to flourish in. People love Jake for what he can be not what he is or has been.
NFL GMs don't care as much about what you've done, they want players who they feel are right for them and what their team is trying to do. Certainly proving you can play helps, but potential is the clincher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back