Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever it was said it already, but ball control offense and a good pass rush helps any secondary much more then just having elite corners. Hell, elite corners ain't gonna look good at all with no pass rush.

Secondary finished 7th in pass defense yards per game. Was improved over the offseason slightly so I think people are making to big of a deal over it.

I guess Jrob doesn't think the remaining CBs are too good. I'm disappointed, but I'll withhold judgment for now. I like the character of the guys we're picking tho. By all accounts, good guys that I can root for.

Look at it this way... Last season Mariota was handing the ball to Sankey/Andrews, throwing to Douglas in the slot, and a rotating door at OT... He now hands to Murray/Henry, throws to Matthews, and has Conklin blocking....

I guess Jrob doesn't think the remaining CBs are too good. I'm disappointed, but I'll withhold judgment for now. I like the character of the guys we're picking tho. By all accounts, good guys that I can root for.

I get the concern for our secondary but we all know you can't fix this entire team in one season. Luckily we have two firsts and two thirds next year.

Still quality DB's on the board... And DL for that matter... Miller still there and Martin at C/G... We can still make an impact with that first pick in the third round

Secondary is certainly a concern. However, if you're not in love with a certain corner, I don't want to just take one for the sake of taking one. Last thing I want is a BWW just because "we needed a corner."

Henry I think will be huge long term. Conklin could be a huge piece to our O line for years. Dodd is more of a project, but I could see him being a solid outside rusher, one that can actually tackle too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back