Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love that Dallas lost!!!!
Made Thanksgiving even better!!!!
They can't beat a team unless the team is garbage. If the team has a ounce of talent they get beat. But the media always acts like they are doing something.

Tre'Davious White and Darren Waller are stars both injured in today.

At this point the NFL going to start giving teams 3 bye weeks per season.

Injuries are just getting insane as the years go by. I swear you never saw this back in the 90's or 2000's.

Injuries are just getting insane as the years go by. I swear you never saw this back in the 90's or 2000's.
they don't play preseason anymore, they must not do much of anything during the week either

what else could explain it? the guys aren't giants compared to 10-20 years ago, it's the same sport, the same hits, fields are supposedly better

either bad work ethic on off days or just pussies

I think it has to do with the way they practice these days. They don’t have near as much full pad, full contact training in practice so come game day when they do get hit hard or push their body hard it’s a shock to the body. It’s much softer than back in the day.

Like I do Muay Thai to stay in shape as part of my workout regimen. I have a 150lb bag in my home gym. When I’m training regularly and I’m kicking the heavy bag all of the time, my shins barely get red even kicking the bottom of the bag where it’s as hard as a rock. My shins are like concrete.

If I don’t work out for a while on the heavy bag, or like when I first started years ago, my shins and elbows would look like I had gotten in a car wreck…lol. And I couldn’t kick near as hard as I can now. Plus I’m 55 now. Most guys my age try to kick a heavy bag as hard as they can like I can still do they’d probably break their leg.

I think the softer training isn’t getting their bodies ready for the punishment they ultimately see.

Some of it is probably that the game plays so much faster, so the impacts are bigger.

Some of it is probably how much more kids play/work out/etc. They definitely say that in basketball. People entering the NBA have the joints of 35 year olds.

Some if it is that I don't think we pump people full of drugs like they did back then.

Also, you guys watch any of the Deion Sanders stuff with Jackson St? Dude is 54 years old, lean, never had major injuries, and was known for avoiding contact. And he has to have a golf cart to get around.

Some of it is probably that the game plays so much faster, so the impacts are bigger.

Some of it is probably how much more kids play/work out/etc. They definitely say that in basketball. People entering the NBA have the joints of 35 year olds.

Some if it is that I don't think we pump people full of drugs like they did back then.

when Oilers rolled into Tennessee is was reported that there were bowls of creatine for unregulated use of players

while not scientifically a steroid it is anabolic and totally used as a steroid substitute.

I doubt that is still the normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back