Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NFL has no idea how to handle the CIN/buf game. They can’t come come off “insensitive” and find a way to just finish the game and maybe slide two other games a couple days later or something. They’ve already let the week pass without maybe considering a Thursday finish so they are potentially forcing the 8 team playoffs that have been voted before (I’m pretty sure, and 7 is where it ended).

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2...ighth-playoff-team-amid-bills-bengals-fallout

Unfortunately, I don’t think this helps the titans at all. If they lose, they’re done with NE, PIT, and MIA fighting for what is currently the last playoff spot (Jax could still get in as WC if all 4 teams lose).

I just don't think there's no solution to this at all. Extremely tough situation they have on their hands.

this is a horrible idea… this makes the most likely scenario that the AFC championship game will be on a neutral field…but the worst part about it is that it sets up for Cincy to have to play on the road at Buffalo in the semifinals…while if Cincy had won the game that is being cancelled they would have been the 2 seed and would have hosted the Bills again….. fairest thing would be to flip a coin to decide the winner of the game

NFL is awful at decision making.

A, robbing a home stadium of possibly the biggest game of the year in the AFCCG.

B, they essentially just robbed the Ratbirds of the legit chance to win the division. Not that I feel sorry for those a-holes, but the decision to basically give the division to Cincy or cointoss defeats what the actual outcome of that game would have been, winner is div champ and hosts a playoff game.

C, bills beat KC earlier this year. NFL just eliminated that tie breaker. It should 100% be in buffalo if those 2 matchup.

There were more than 1 way to handle this and calling it a tie would be second best to finishing the game. If they had their crap together, this should have been finished Thursday and either move Cin/balt and NE/Buf to Monday or Tuesday.

Not a fan of their “solution”.

this is a horrible idea… this makes the most likely scenario that the AFC championship game will be on a neutral field…but the worst part about it is that it sets up for Cincy to have to play on the road at Buffalo in the semifinals…while if Cincy had won the game that is being cancelled they would have been the 2 seed and would have hosted the Bills again….. fairest thing would be to flip a coin to decide the winner of the game
Coin toss for the week 17 winner isn’t a bad idea either.

Either call it a tie or it should have been played tonight somewhere...like it was mentioned, start the game at the score and time it was suspended at

Hamlin's doing better which is great news...the first thing he asked (through a notepad) was who won the game? He even expected it to be completed!

NFL is awful at decision making.

A, robbing a home stadium of possibly the biggest game of the year in the AFCCG.

B, they essentially just robbed the Ratbirds of the legit chance to win the division. Not that I feel sorry for those a-holes, but the decision to basically give the division to Cincy or cointoss defeats what the actual outcome of that game would have been, winner is div champ and hosts a playoff game.

C, bills beat KC earlier this year. NFL just eliminated that tie breaker. It should 100% be in buffalo if those 2 matchup.

There were more than 1 way to handle this and calling it a tie would be second best to finishing the game. If they had their crap together, this should have been finished Thursday and either move Cin/balt and NE/Buf to Monday or Tuesday.

Not a fan of their “solution”.
So, you make the call. What should the NFL have done?

So, you make the call. What should the NFL have done?
Play the game Thursday.
Move both of their Sunday games to Monday.

if the NFLPA doesn’t like that, I propose tie or coin toss victory. That’s it.

edit: I also would have been ok finishing the game on Monday, but I understand the postponement.

They moved a game due to weather, I understand not continuing the game on Monday but it could have been played on Thursday. Start at the same score and time as the MNF game...not sure why it wasn't.

I’ll say it… finish the game. What happened when Tua was gripped up on National TV? Did it stop!? Were his teammates just as concerned?
Man, not the same thing, but I’ll play. What the F do you do for a job? Would you be cool finishing out your day if one of your colleagues died while on the job? Screw it. All that matters is hitting the quota for the day. Don’t want to finish today? Well, why not work overtime for free? Let’s flip a coin for your final salary! Entertain me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play the game Thursday.
Move both of their Sunday games to Monday.

if the NFLPA doesn’t like that, I propose tie or coin toss victory. That’s it.

edit: I also would have been ok finishing the game on Monday, but I understand the postponement.
So, your big idea is to make them play two games in 4 days? Or tie, or flip a coin? I’m sure all fans would celebrate those choices. Look, it’s an impossible situation. Quit acting like you know the right answer.

Man, not the same thing, but I’ll play. What the F do you do for a job? Would you be cool finishing out your day if one of your colleagues died while on the job? Screw it. All that matters is hitting the quota for the day. Don’t want to finish today? Well, why not work overtime for free? Let’s flip a coin for your final salary! Entertain me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Simple answer. Yes! Marines make a check do they not? So do men that cut down trees, or let’s say divers recovering material…. Does the job stop if they die? I’ve witnessed thousands die in person, so spare me your whatevers. I worked trauma for 15 years… to answer your question, yes, I have seen friends die before my eyes… I kept working. As far as my living, I’m a registered multi modality technologist in computed tomography and diagnostic imaging. Basically, Mr. Hamlin would of been on my table pretty real quick!

Last edited by a moderator:
So, your big idea is to make them play two games in 4 days? Or tie, or flip a coin? I’m sure all fans would celebrate those choices. Look, it’s an impossible situation. Quit acting like you know the right answer.
I can say there’s a wrong answer for sure, the NFL found it.

they work with the NFLPA. If they agree to the timeline of games then you work with the s**t situation as it is.
As insensitive as it might sound, all of them just got paid for a game that was “never” played.
Nevermind that the NFL has a job to do and it doesn’t revolve around single incidents.
Their job continues throughout the playoffs which they’ve now messed up almost entirely.
Let’s pretend that they exist specifically to make money paid by customers typically to the home team of their choice.
What bigger home game does a city get than conference championship? None outside a home SB. NFL just eliminated that for 1 player (likely as this could be moot if KC/CIN/BUF (2/3) are eliminated before AFCCG)

from a business standpoint, it’s a terrible decision. from a fan standpoint of the wide majority, it’s a bad decision.

as a matter of point, I have yet to hear someone make a case that their decisions almost entirely, we’re good. Maybe the exception was just postponement that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back