Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why retire after signing a new contract four months earlier?
Why not retire at the end of last season when your previous contract expired?

Seems like a punk move to retire at the end of July.

Especially being the #6 CB...he played in 6 games last year... couldn't hack it for possibly the same this year?

I never knew if they got a small amount of guaranteed or not - maybe that has a hand.

I fully expect a veteran CB to be signed in the coming days, weeks --- Between 4 cornerbacks on the roster, there is only 3.5 years of experience between them all (.5 for Farley who missed over 75% of last year, so 50% is generous) ..... they always have a veteran in the secondary. And JROB hashed it out that we would be exploring that route.

Harris Jr, Rhodes, Haden would all be good veteran presences.

Greg Mabin probably will take his spot

for the love of god I hope not. - whoever comes in will still likely be CB 5, but it doesn't matter.

51 tackles, 7 deflections since 2017? yeah not much you can learn there, except how to remain on special teams for your career.

he's a 5-6 month camp body, that you're hoping can be on your PS -- every team he's been on has been that manipulation of the waiver wire to some extent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Titans CB Buster Skrine announces retirement

This potentially opens up an opportunity for veteran corner Greg Mabin to make the roster. The Titans’ coaches are awfully familiar with Mabin, who’s spent plenty of time on and off Tennessee’s roster over the previous few years.

Isn't this one of the "yahoo" outlets (along with AtoZ, and Wyatt) that are still running glorified Medicine Shows about Josh Malone making the final-53 roster?

Burks and Tannehill both looked great in camp today. Tanny was 11 of 11 in 7 on 7’s and Burks had some big time catches. Woods and Farley full go without leg braces too!

Unless he’s missing every throw

I've seen players that are 7 on 7 kings, and yet when an actual game (or scrimmage, offense vs defense) situation presents itself, they turn into sam darnold --- who is probaby "11/11 in 7on7" too.

Reserve judgement until he's actual throwing against the entire envelope.

Only thing 7 on 7 tells you is that the QB would be a warrior.... if there was zero pass rush, zero linebackers, and zero zone..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back