Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have hard time getting past how he played against UT and Vandy hope I am wrong.

Hopefully you're smart enough to understand that it's not about college statistical production and all about measurables.

They just look at height, size, 40 yard times, vertical, etc etc.

I just have hard time getting past how he played against UT and Vandy hope I am wrong.
Even NFL legends have crappy games here and there. Can't really judge how he'll do in the pros based off of a couple of bad games. Or a bunch of great games, for that matter.

It's likely he's the starter next season unless he completely looks lost (Willis). All we can do is hope for the best, I guess.

yeah... no... 100% look at college production otherwise you might select a DB with no spine or a RB with 1 leg

If they look at college production, then there's no way Richardson goes to the Colts. That's just one example out of many.

Your homie Mayer is a prime example of having good college production, but didn't fit the narrative of not having the measurables AKA 40 yard speed.

Are there even any NFL ready QBs ??

Coaching has alot to do with it take a guy like Lawrence he look awful early on and now looks totally different with smart QB friendly coach.

Malik is also a great example dude is awful but Todd donwing just highlighted the issue even more.

If they look at college production, then there's no way Richardson goes to the Colts. That's just one example out of many.

Your homie Mayer is a prime example of having good college production, but didn't fit the narrative of not having the measurables AKA 40 yard speed.
LOL... how many examples of massive college production QBs are you ignoring to make your exception your rule?

basically all of them

I'd say it's really obvious this year that teams look at both college production AND/OR measurables ("potential") in QBs. The top guys had pretty good college production and then a guy like Richardson was drafted solely on his measurables and "potential".

But as we know, there is no secret formula to finding an NFL QB. It's all throwing darts and hoping they stick.

Hell some QBs have the college production and measurables like Ryan Leaf. I watched him play many times live and there was no indications it would be a train wreak like it was for his NFL career. For him it came down to his personal mentality, the mental grindy side of the NFL was too much for him. You just really never know with QBs.

I expect an average year from Levis this year, but everything I read has me excited he'll be the best QB we've developed since McNair.

I'm hoping for that as well...that would mean Tannehill is playing well
Even if Tannehill struggles, I don't think they throw the rookie out there unless he really shows that he's ready to go.

It's probably Tannehills team unless he gets injured. Would be great if Levis comes out of the gate and makes the impression that he's ready to take over though.

I don't know why but I'm pretty optimistic about his chances of being a good QB...but I think sitting behind Tannehill will be more beneficial than being thrown to the wolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back