Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say it's really obvious this year that teams look at both college production AND/OR measurables ("potential") in QBs. The top guys had pretty good college production and then a guy like Richardson was drafted solely on his measurables and "potential".

But as we know, there is no secret formula to finding an NFL QB. It's all throwing darts and hoping they stick.
And if you’re going to have to throw darts anyway. Might as well throw a second round dart rather than mortgage the house and set your franchise back years if you’re wrong…. Which you usually are since finding a QB is such a crap shoot.

I am just sooo glad that we didn’t bet the farm for a QB this year. None of them jumps out as a sure fire hit. I okay with Levis in the second though. If he bombs out, no huge loss. If he makes it, we got a bargain.

Even if Tannehill struggles, I don't think they throw the rookie out there unless he really shows that he's ready to go.

It's probably Tannehills team unless he gets injured. Would be great if Levis comes out of the gate and makes the impression that he's ready to take over though.

I don't know why but I'm pretty optimistic about his chances of being a good QB...but I think sitting behind Tannehill will be more beneficial than being thrown to the wolves.
I agree 100%

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides the money there no reason to play tannehill he won't be here next year anyways it would be just a waste of time.

In my opinion we will see Levi's after the BYe week.

Besides the money there no reason to play tannehill he won't be here next year anyways it would be just a waste of time.

In my opinion we will see Levis after the BYe week.
No reason to throw a rookie in there when you have a capable QB. Say what you want about Tannehill but he's won a lot of games in TN. He deserves to go out swinging, imo.

And if you’re going to have to throw darts anyway. Might as well throw a second round dart rather than mortgage the house and set your franchise back years if you’re wrong…. Which you usually are since finding a QB is such a crap shoot.

I am just sooo glad that we didn’t bet the farm for a QB this year. None of them jumps out as a sure fire hit. I okay with Levis in the second though. If he bombs out, no huge loss. If he makes it, we got a bargain.

Yep... Moving up would have cost way too much. If Levis busts, oh well. If he's even half decent he gives the Titans a year or 2 to build a team and figure out what to do next. If he's good, even better.

Next off-season should be interesting. Ran will have money to burn.

I think we see Levis in garbage time and when RT17 injured. . And he’ll be average in that until he gets used to the speed of the game. But he WILL get used to and improve significantly each time. (Unlike Willis).

Titans wont bench T17 unless POs gone... like my opinion man
Obviously I hope I’m wrong, but I’m expecting us to go into the bye 3-7 through week 11 and Levis to start week 12 on. That gives him 2 home games against fellow rookie QBs to start his career. 3 of his first 4 would be home games against rookie QBs.

Yep... Moving up would have cost way too much. If Levis busts, oh well. If he's even half decent he gives the Titans a year or 2 to build a team and figure out what to do next. If he's good, even better.

Next off-season should be interesting. Ran will have money to burn.
Waste a second rounder on a bust QB? No big deal. Waste a second round pick on a bust DE? This place goes nuts for years afterwards.

I really doubt anyone will think “oh well” if Levis sucks.

Waste a second rounder on a bust QB? No big deal. Waste a second round pick on a bust DE? This place goes nuts for years afterwards.

People here cry if a 7th rounder isn't HOF worthy... Fans are over dramatic about everything.

My point was the Titans didn't spend 2-3 first round picks to move up for a QB. Levis in the second is easier to swallow if he doesn't work out. He didn't cost picks for the first couple of rounds for 2-3 years which can really set a team back if the player doesn't work out.

No doubt you are right. But if we are 2-6 and the playoffs are unlikely, levis could at least give Titans fan some entertainment and a bit of hope for the future. He can really spin it
At 2-6 in the AFC South, probably very much in the playoff hunt still.

the backdrop of willis playing otherwise has everyone hoping for Levis health and prosperity

Think le is will benefit some game time sooner rather than later. Not saying from week 1. But from what I've been hearing he's played in an nfl style offense since college and not some college spread scheme. Think game after the bye will be evaluating period where if we're on a winning record and tanny is playing really well he'll stay on the side lines. If this season is gonna pan out the way I think it is he'll be on the last 4-5 games.

Think le is will benefit some game time sooner rather than later. Not saying from week 1. But from what I've been hearing he's played in an nfl style offense since college and not some college spread scheme. Think game after the bye will be evaluating period where if we're on a winning record and tanny is playing really well he'll stay on the side lines. If this season is gonna pan out the way I think it is he'll be on the last 4-5 games.
This season record is going to be determined by our OL/WR play, if there is improvement in at least one of those areas we will have success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back