Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe the tepid reaction people are giving this. We had no future at QB and just plucked a bona fide first round QB without even giving up our third round pick.
If he was a "bona fide first round QB" he would have been drafted in the first round.

Have we already forgotten just ONE YEAR AGO when mock drafts had Malik Willis going in the first few picks of Round 1 and everyone thought he was a huge steal for the Titans?

Guess what: they have already given up on him because the rest of the NFL was right and he sucks.

The rest of the NFL thinks Levis sucks, too.

Um... clearly not a "bona fide first round QB". "Literally" a second round QB. A lot of QB needy teams passed on him easily.

And we did give up our third round pick.
We gave up a 3rd next year, huge difference, and there were a handful of teams trying to trade up for him at the top of the second round. Guessing the reason we were even able to make a deal is because of Monti.

If he was a "bona fide first round QB" he would have been drafted in the first round.

Have we already forgotten just ONE YEAR AGO when mock drafts had Malik Willis going in the first few picks of Round 1 and everyone thought he was a huge steal for the Titans?

Guess what: they have already given up on him because the rest of the NFL was right and he sucks.

The rest of the NFL thinks Levis sucks, too.
If you can't see Levis is a far superior prospect to Willis well then I'm guessing you didn't watch him at all. Apples and oranges.

Much more tolerable as a 2nd rounder. Let's hope this is Lamar Jackson / Jalen Hurts type 2nd rounder. He has all the tools but question his touch on throws. Honestly he reminds me a lot of Jack Locker and we all know how that turned out...

Last edited by a moderator:
Desperate because of the other QBs taken?
So desperate that they patiently waited 30 picks?
Yes. Desperate that they can't wait another season. Forcing a square peg in a round hole and now basically throwing away 2023. I didn't think we'd be contenders this year but now any hope to a good season is pretty much out the window.

And then what? We're really excited for Will Levis in 2024? Really? People are comparing him to Tannehill. I won't call him a bust for the Dolphins but he certainly wasn't a hit either. Stuck in perpetual mediocrity.

That said... I REALLY HOPE I'M WRONG!

Complete opposite, keep THill to ensure Levis gets a full year with a clipboard to learn at the next level.

look forward to his takeover in 24’.

I'd have taken that approach with Richardson but Levis is 24 years old. If he isn't able to handle and NFL offense and adjust a year of holding a clipboard won't change that

Yes. Desperate that they can't wait another season. Forcing a square peg in a round hole and now basically throwing away 2023. I didn't think we'd be contenders this year but now any hope to a good season is pretty much out the window.

And then what? We're really excited for Will Levis in 2024? Really? People are comparing him to Tannehill. I won't call him a bust for the Dolphins but he certainly wasn't a hit either. Stuck in perpetual mediocrity.

I think waiting for next season is a bold strategy anyway.
Not only does tanking not actually work, it seems lots of eggs are being put into the Caleb Williams basket.

let’s assume he even lives up to that hype and becomes the #1 pick next year. How do the titans bank their entire season this year on trying to get that pick?
No other QBs that are already “guarantees” so the field will be no different than this year, a handful of overhyped QBs.

clearly Ran likes the guy and doesn’t see him as a square peg.

I dont think they were going to get anyone with that pick that was going to change the trajectory of the season, so not sure how this throws away 2023 at all.

I really do wonder if we really had to move up to get Levis though.
If Hooker is still there at 41, then there's a chance Levis would have been too. But honestly no way to really know. I still wouldn't have liked it.

The new mold the NFL is creating is to build the team first then find a plug-and-play vet to captain the ship. It worked with Bucs and Rams. Even if it's a one-time shot. Even us taking Tanny was a success. Taking OL yesterday made me think we were doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back