Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I kinda like the pick…

but Josh Downs would have been a lot better - dang you Colts!

Titans have done nothing to address this awful receiving core and worst scoring team in football last year … so yah …

Definitely not the position I'd have preferred but he's a great, dynamic prospect. What's this about his knee though? That's concerning.

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
  • Spears is elite as a receiver. He runs routes as well as most receivers and has natural hands, snatching the ball away from his body.
  • He’s a quality receiver with soft hands, and Spears shows a good feel for catching and transitioning upfield in the screen game.
  • Possesses agile feet with the patience, balance and vision to sidestep and elude defenders - nice job following his blocks and working well in tight areas. Physical at the point of attack and keeps his feet moving
  • He aggressively finishes runs and consistently falls forward in a crowd. His low pad level and a bit of wiggle keep him from absorbing big hits.
  • His best asset is his ability in the passing game. He’s a coordinated hands catcher who transitions quickly and smoothly to a runner, good enough to make an impact as a slot receiver. He even tracks the ball well when asked to run deeper routes.
  • He brings a nice blend of power and passing game skills. Spears has a compact build and a naturally low center of gravity, and he runs with excellent balance through traffic, allowing him to squeeze through for yardage.

I know folks are a lot smarter than me, but I am very underwhelmed with Ran's first draft. It all probably went south once Houston took Stroud, but I'm just not wowed by any of the picks. I don't hate any of the picks either. Just sort of ambivalent.

I know folks are a lot smarter than me, but I am very underwhelmed with Ran's first draft. It all probably went south once Houston took Stroud, but I'm just not wowed by any of the picks. I don't hate any of the picks either. Just sort of ambivalent.

I'm fine with Skoronski but his day 2 picks definitely leave me shaking my head.

I don't know enough to have an educated comment but my dumbass can see this pick being ok.

Vrabel wanted speed, I just didn't expect it to come from the RB position

Well. He is interesting, but the more he is on the field the less Henry is on the field. And that's the part I don't like. But we have a good screen game. And he adds electricity to the offense. It's just a little redundant with Henry because Henry is electric himself. But so far, it looks like he is building his replacement offense for the future.

Well. He is interesting, but the more he is on the field the less Henry is on the field. And that's the part I don't like. But we have a good screen game. And he adds electricity to the offense. It's just a little redundant with Henry. But so far, it looks like he is building his replacement offense.
To be fair, the Titans have needed a decent back behind Henry for several years now. If he's better than the bums we've had, it's a plus, I guess.

Sounds like he's pretty good catching the ball which is interesting.

I mean the knee does not sound good at all...Ian Rapport basically said he may only be a one contract guy, no acl and sign of arthritis... You don't take that big of medical risk in the 3rd.

I mean the knee does not sound good at all...Ian Rapport basically said he may only be a one contract guy, no acl and sign of arthritis... You don't take that big of medical risk in the 3rd.

Didn't OBJ say he doesn't have an ACL? He just got signed for like 16mil.

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
  • Spears is elite as a receiver. He runs routes as well as most receivers and has natural hands, snatching the ball away from his body.
  • He’s a quality receiver with soft hands, and Spears shows a good feel for catching and transitioning upfield in the screen game.
  • Possesses agile feet with the patience, balance and vision to sidestep and elude defenders - nice job following his blocks and working well in tight areas. Physical at the point of attack and keeps his feet moving
  • He aggressively finishes runs and consistently falls forward in a crowd. His low pad level and a bit of wiggle keep him from absorbing big hits.
  • His best asset is his ability in the passing game. He’s a coordinated hands catcher who transitions quickly and smoothly to a runner, good enough to make an impact as a slot receiver. He even tracks the ball well when asked to run deeper routes.
  • He brings a nice blend of power and passing game skills. Spears has a compact build and a naturally low center of gravity, and he runs with excellent balance through traffic, allowing him to squeeze through for yardage.
1246170819.0.jpg

hes a midget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back