Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady's not coming here unless they offer him ownership stakes like Miami was apparently trying to do. Also although no RB is exactly like Henry, Brady has indeed played with several similar RBs in his career

Titans Talkback clowning folks happy cause Titans have a better draft pick instead of a playoff game next week

100% agreement with them

I don't know how you look at this roster and not accept that a massive rebuild is inevitable.

A season mercilessly gutted by a magnificent seven game losing streak, oft-injured and overpriced vets all over this utterly juiceless and inexplosive roster, the worse offensive line and WR group I have ever seen from a non-tanking team, a downward spiraling, old, and suddenly injury-prone quarterback who has already proven not to be the answer, and an entire offensive identity about to be smacked with a crisis with Derrick Henry's 30-year-old wall imminent.

There is no saving this. Let it burn.

Slice the **** out of this roster, put yourself in a position to have a healthy cap situation beyond next season, use the draft to rebuild the offensive line and find more offensive weapons, and get ready for a brutal tanking year (would it really be worse than the **** we just went through this year?) with the hope that you get a Caleb Williams or Drake Maye out of it.

I dont think they need a rebuild more than just finding out how to keep people healthy and getting better depth.

So do we know where we pick in the draft? Or can other gamed tomorrow change it

Edit: my quick search tells me at worst we have the 12th pick, but it can improve slightly tomorrow

Titans Talkback clowning folks happy cause Titans have a better draft pick instead of a playoff game next week

100% agreement with them

I dont understand those people. Once your team is out of playoff contention, then I get kind of not wanting to win so your team gets a better draft pick, but anyone that would prefer a higher pick rather than a playoff spot are strange to me.

I dont understand those people. Once your team is out of playoff contention, then I get kind of not wanting to win so your team gets a better draft pick, but anyone that would prefer a higher pick rather than a playoff spot are strange to me.
Full agreement. I’d rather get torched Dan Marino finale style in a playoff game than not go to the post season.

Titans also have zero track record to pick from saying that any earlier a pick is the more successful it will be. If anything, they have a track record of late teens being their most successful first rounders.

Full agreement. I’d rather get torched Dan Marino finale style in a playoff game than not go to the post season.

Titans also have zero track record to pick from saying that any earlier a pick is the more successful it will be. If anything, they have a track record of late teens being their most successful first rounders.

Yep. Why anyone would rather the season end so they can wait 4 months to see who they draft a few picks earlier, then have to wait several more months to see that guy play, and then there is no guarantee the guy doesnt tear his ACL or just end up being a bust, is strange to me

proven they wont actually jump up... they will peak up though... willing to move a spot or 2 but not go crazy and leap 10 or 20 spots

proven they wont actually jump up... they will peak up though... willing to move a spot or 2 but not go crazy and leap 10 or 20 spots
I’m just suggesting for who?

The opportunities they’ve had with a top 10 pick (since moving to Nashville) resulted in:
Pac-Man Jones
VY
Jake Locker
chance Warmack
MM8
Conklin
Corey Davis

1/7 and coincidently the one actually traded up for.
Pac-Man did fine elsewhere but his headcase issues were too much in TN
VY, Warmack, Locker, Davis were all wastes
MM8 never could get over a hump and rolled back down the figurative hill with tingles all the way down.
Conklin was a stud and unfortunately the wrong guy to let go of between Conklin and Lewan.

In all honesty, the Titans have very little to speak of from first round picks in general.
Guess I’m crossing my fingers for change there too.

I’m just suggesting for who?

The opportunities they’ve had with a top 10 pick (since moving to Nashville) resulted in:
Pac-Man Jones
VY
Jake Locker
chance Warmack
MM8
Conklin
Corey Davis

1/7 and coincidently the one actually traded up for.
Pac-Man did fine elsewhere but his headcase issues were too much in TN
VY, Warmack, Locker, Davis were all wastes
MM8 never could get over a hump and rolled back down the figurative hill with tingles all the way down.
Conklin was a stud and unfortunately the wrong guy to let go of between Conklin and Lewan.

In all honesty, the Titans have very little to speak of from first round picks in general.
Guess I’m crossing my fingers for change there too.

Its not even about busts really, you can find good players throughout the draft, so even if you draft well in the first round, its pointless to want a higher draft pick over the playoffs because if you draft well in every round, it doesnt matter where you are picking. Some of the best players in the league were mid to late round picks, Brady, Kelce, Henry a 2nd, etc etc etc, none of those guys were first round picks and they have been some of, if not the best at their positions over the last several years, and there are plenty more examples.

Its not even about busts really, you can find good players throughout the draft, so even if you draft well in the first round, its pointless to want a higher draft pick over the playoffs because if you draft well in every round, it doesnt matter where you are picking. Some of the best players in the league were mid to late round picks, Brady, Kelce, Henry a 2nd, etc etc etc, none of those guys were first round picks and they have been some of, if not the best at their positions over the last several years, and there are plenty more examples.

In almost every draft I want to trade the first round pick anyway. So for me it is value of the pick, not the player we pick. Get the best trade possible and hope to find the right players in the 2nd round and later.

If I woke up Monday and Vrabel was fired, I wouldn't mind. He's probably hit his ceiling. He's been our coach for 5 years and we have 2 playoff wins to show for it.

Almost every recent super bowl winning head coach got their first super bowl within 5 years of coaching that team.

Sean McVay - 5 years
Bruce Arians - 2 years
Andy Reid - 7 years
Bill Belichick - 2 years
Doug Pederson - 2 years
Gary Kubiak - 1 year
Pete Carroll - 4 years
John Harbaugh - 5 years
Tom Coughlin - 4 years
Mike McCarthy - 5 years
Sean Payton - 4 years
Mike Tomlin - 2 years
Tony Dungy - 5 years
Bill Cowher - 14 years
Jon Gruden - 1 year

You can keep going back and the trend continues (Mike Shanahan 4 years, Dick Vermeil 3 years, etc.). Maybe Vrabel will be our Bill Cowher and we will get one 5-10 years from now when we eventually get the QB right Or we're just delaying the inevitable reality that Vrabel won't be joining this list of winners. At least not with us.

If I woke up Monday and Vrabel was fired, I wouldn't mind. He's probably hit his ceiling. He's been our coach for 5 years and we have 2 playoff wins to show for it.

Almost every recent super bowl winning head coach got their first super bowl within 5 years of coaching that team.

Sean McVay - 5 years
Bruce Arians - 2 years
Andy Reid - 7 years
Bill Belichick - 2 years
Doug Pederson - 2 years
Gary Kubiak - 1 year
Pete Carroll - 4 years
John Harbaugh - 5 years
Tom Coughlin - 4 years
Mike McCarthy - 5 years
Sean Payton - 4 years
Mike Tomlin - 2 years
Tony Dungy - 5 years
Bill Cowher - 14 years
Jon Gruden - 1 year

You can keep going back and the trend continues (Mike Shanahan 4 years, Dick Vermeil 3 years, etc.). Maybe Vrabel will be our Bill Cowher and we will get one 5-10 years from now when we eventually get the QB right Or we're just delaying the inevitable reality that Vrabel won't be joining this list of winners. At least not with us.
Yeah I feel the same way. I don't see us getting over the hump with vrabels philosophy unfortunately.

It would be easy to blame this epic collapse on 33 players being placed on IR and a good not great roster, but ultimately this 100% falls on Vrable for sticking with dud coaches like Downing and Carter and obviously inferior players like Daley and NWI. I hope we bring in a new GM that isn’t afraid to tell Vrable “Cody Hollister is leaving, if you don’t like that, you can leave with him.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back