Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
He definitely made a case to be in camp competing with Tanny and Malik.

TBH I agree with this, since IMO none of them are clear cut dependable starters. Tannehill has been inconsistent and injury prone his whole career outside of ONE season...my bet would be that he continues to more match his normal output. Willis is at least 2 seasons of pine riding away, and Dobbs has some issues as well.

TBH I agree with this, since IMO none of them are clear cut dependable starters. Tannehill has been inconsistent and injury prone his whole career outside of ONE season...my bet would be that he continues to more match his normal output. Willis is at least 2 seasons of pine riding away, and Dobbs has some issues as well.

Actually, I really think that we need to look at a FA signing at the position (Derek Carr may be a good fit), but I think that the likelihood of that happening is pretty low unfortunately.

if we just cut everyone making more than 5 mil except for d heny and landry and jeff, sign o line, carr, and an elite WR, hire a pass first OC... we could be decent. our defense is a lost cause, worst in the league so just ignore defense, dont need to resign hardly anyone cuz we basically run a practice squad defense now, can just sign some defense off the street and get the same result

if we just cut everyone making more than 5 mil except for d heny and landry and jeff, sign o line, carr, and an elite WR, hire a pass first OC... we could be decent. our defense is a lost cause, worst in the league so just ignore defense, dont need to resign hardly anyone cuz we basically run a practice squad defense now, can just sign some defense off the street and get the same result
Hell no to Carr!

It's over. Thank God.

I want the following fired next week.
Todd Downing
Anthony Midget
Shane Bowen
Craig Aukerman
Keith Carter

The entire GD Training and Nutrition staff.

We have a ton of cutting and contract renegotiating to do this offseason.

The needs of this team are so glaringly obvious that if at least half of this isn't done immediately, we'll know pretty quick if we've wasted our time with the GM hire...

listened to Titans Talkback postgame last night... a tad extra suffering to end 2022 season

anyways Dyson said he expects mw7 to be vastly improved with OTAs and full camp ect... especially considering T17 recovering & he sees no reason not to keep Dobbs cause Titans need at least 2 arms in offseason anyways

looks like Titans have a QB battle just not the ones the haters were hoping for
Willis had OTAs and full camp this year did he not? This wasn't covid season

Why is anyone making excuses for that garbage

and that is ENTIRELY on the guy that was fired by AAS. JRob’s inexperience at FA, cap management and drafting proved detrimental to the past run. I don’t hate JRob, think he’s a genuine dude, and hope he’s learned that his actions were not acceptable for fielding a contender. I’m behind AAS on the new GM search. MUST get this right. We’ve got 4 years to put together a contender to show off the new stadium.
It’s not entirely on JRob. Of those top 10 picks, he made 2 of them and 1 was actually a really good pick.
He did let him go over Conklin though 4 years later.

As much as JRob deserved blame for the current roster, he also deserves credit for the 5 years of over .500 ball and making playoffs including the AFCCG during his run.

As far as the stadium, I’m not sure why anyone is talking about a roster with any timeline related to the stadium. Who gives a s**t about the stadium in reference to winning? Just win now and keep competing every year.

I’d rather restructure Tanny that go after Carr. Carr is not better, actually I’d say he’s even worse.

It’s a lateral move at best. Doesn’t help us get to SB.

And no to Carr. I don’t think he’s any better than THill.
Plus, the old retread QBs is not the route to go, example Indy.

It’s not entirely on JRob. Of those top 10 picks, he made 2 of them and 1 was actually a really good pick.
He did let him go over Conklin though 4 years later.

As much as JRob deserved blame for the current roster, he also deserves credit for the 5 years of over .500 ball and making playoffs including the AFCCG during his run.

As far as the stadium, I’m not sure why anyone is talking about a roster with any timeline related to the stadium. Who gives a s**t about the stadium in reference to winning? Just win now and keep competing every year.
JRob performed average with a “King’s Ransom” of picks. We are where we are because of him just absolutely bungling the OL and WR position. He spent draft capital on talent and when he hit on it- he let them walk. That was bad. He overspent trying to make up for the pass rush “Dodd” bad pick on injured players.

I’m not down on JRob. AAS took a flier on an inexperienced 1st timer GM. He did some good things but the overall body of work was more bad than good. That’s why he’s gone and we are where we are. FTR I think the next team that hires JRob is going to get a much improved better than average GM.

I think there was some conversation between AAS and JRob that made AAS uncomfortable believing JRob had insight on mistakes and he wouldn’t improve. And I think AAS is def feeling pressure to field a team that is desirable to watch and worthy of fan support with a new billion+ $ stadium being built. So I think the stadium definitely factors into what’s going on.

carr consistently throws for over 4000 yards a season and the best wr in the game took less money to play with him, so yea hes better than one read stare em down tannehill

JRob performed average with a “King’s Ransom” of picks. We are where we are because of him just absolutely bungling the OL and WR position. He spent draft capital on talent and when he hit on it- he let them walk. That was bad. He overspent trying to make up for the pass rush “Dodd” bad pick on injured players.

I’m not down on JRob. AAS took a flier on an inexperienced 1st timer GM. He did some good things but the overall body of work was more bad than good. That’s why he’s gone and we are where we are. FTR I think the next team that hires JRob is going to get a much improved better than average GM.

I think there was some conversation between AAS and JRob that made AAS uncomfortable believing JRob had insight on mistakes and he wouldn’t improve. And I think AAS is def feeling pressure to field a team that is desirable to watch and worthy of fan support with a new billion+ $ stadium being built. So I think the stadium definitely factors into what’s going on.
I’m not defending JRob. I’m pointing out that getting a top 10 pick isn’t a positive for this franchise. They have a terrible success rate with top 10 picks that’s stretches over multiple GMs.
The entire mindset thrown out about being happy for a lower pick is nonsense. There’s nothing behind that hope to show any accuracy in the statement.

As far as AAS and pressure, I hope she feels it now, not for 4 seasons from now. This is a non-winning franchise. Zero SB titles, 1 Lamar Hunt 20+ years ago, a handful of division titles with 3 chances as #1 seed going a collective 0-3.
They have a history of underperforming when finally getting any attention.

I applaud at least what she’s saying about not settling for mediocrity and her actions have at least shown she means it. Hopefully she makes some good moves regarding GM and forcing changes to Vrabels staff if not Vrabel himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back