Total 50.6m/yr

Titans 2022 Oline contracts:

Daley $661k/yr
Brewer $765k/yr
Jones $7m/yr
Davis $925k/yr
NPF $1.3m/yr

Total $10.6m/yr

We HAVE to invest more in the O-line this off-season.
your stats lie... now do it with the guys that were supposed to play

Eagles 2022 Oline contracts:

Mailata $16m/yr
Seumalo $5.3m/yr
Kelce $9m/yr
Dickerson $2.3m/yr
Johnson $18m/yr

Total 50.6m/yr

Titans 2022 Oline contracts:

Daley $661k/yr
Brewer $765k/yr
Jones $7m/yr
Davis $925k/yr
NPF $1.3m/yr

Total $10.6m/yr

We HAVE to invest more in the O-line this off-season.
Technically Lewan should be listed as the LT despite riding IR all year. Money well spent.
Lewan 15 mil
I see Nate Davis at 3 mil
And Ben Jones at 3.5 mil
Add Jamaro Jones 2 mil
Radunz 1.4 mil

NFL Offensive Line Spending - Cap

thats “cap hit” so maybe it doesn’t match the same as where you’re looking.
point being the OL did have more money invested, unfortunately there was hardly any talent to match the money spent.

Fully agree you have to spend money on the OL. It’s the entire juggle of a salary cap that GMs are paid to work.

Simmons is good though. Lewan, Dupree, woods, Cunningham etc is more the problem. That's like a quarter of our cap on a bunch of non contributors.
Doesn’t matter if he’s good. Does he make a big enough impact to sacrifice other positions to pay him such a big percentage of your cap? That’s what many on here don’t seem to understand

LOL

Simmons is elite... you find a way to pay them
Doesn’t make a big enough impact to warrant the salary. The defense didn’t miss a beat when he was out injured. Autry was missed a lot more. It’s a lot easier to find space eaters for a 3-4 than it is to find an elite WR or put together a top notch o-line. A top o-line would help the Titans much more than one DT in a 3-4.

Doesn’t make a big enough impact to warrant the salary. The defense didn’t miss a beat when he was out injured. Autry was missed a lot more. It’s a lot easier to find space eaters for a 3-4 than it is to find an elite WR or put together a top notch o-line. A top o-line would help the Titans much more than one DT in a 3-4.
We can do both

Do teams game plan against Simmons? Yes they do…. You pay guys that require game planning and double teams.

you don’t pay Landry a huge deal.

you can manage the cap to pay Simmons and still bring in other talent

Doesn’t matter if he’s good. Does he make a big enough impact to sacrifice other positions to pay him such a big percentage of your cap? That’s what many on here don’t seem to understand
Some of us do understand exactly what you’re saying, just disagree with what you’re saying.

if he’s as “good not great” as you say, then his cost shouldn’t be that outrageous. It does matter who else will be available next offseason and his willingness to keep in TN.

if he’s as good as some us claim, I’ll admit I think he’s way up there, then he’s gonna cost. I’d much rather spend on him than Landry, Cunningham, or woods who were all very replaceable entirely.
While lewan wasn’t worth his paycheck by miles, most LT are costly so I expect to basically transfer those savings to someone else.

Do teams game plan against Simmons? Yes they do…. You pay guys that require game planning and double teams.

you don’t pay Landry a huge deal.

you can manage the cap to pay Simmons and still bring in other talent
What’s the most you would pay Simmons per year average?

He does actually. His stats aren't eye popping but he makes everyone on the D especially the Dline better. He's the biggest reason why nobodies on our Dline looked good.

They looked just as good when he doesn’t play. What’s the most you would pay him per year?
He only missed two games. The Broncos who had the worst offense in the league and the Cowboys. Vs the Cowboys we had 4 QB hits and 1 sack. So I don't agree that our defense looked as good without him. He's deserving of whatever Landry got and then some

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back