Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypothetically would any of you trade Big Jeff to the Bears to move up to #1 and take Stroud or Young? Knowing the impact a franchise QB on a rookie deal can have and how well the Titans defense fared without Jeff this year at times?

Hypothetically would any of you trade Big Jeff to the Bears to move up to #1 and take Stroud or Young? Knowing the impact a franchise QB on a rookie deal can have and how well the Titans defense fared without Jeff this year at times?
I wouldn't but I don't think that it is a possibility either. He came out of his meeting with Ran feeling really confident he will get his money here.

What’s the most you would pay Simmons per year average?
Nobody can give me a number. Just pay him whatever. Smart

Buckner is at 21 mil a yr and Chris Jones is at 20 mil a yr..... Jones had 60 mil guaranteed at signing and Buckner only 44mil.... I think you pay Simmons 22mil a yr and guarantee him 65mil at signing.

I do not think you give him Aaron Donald money.

There's an article over on MCM saying the Jets have interest in Tanne. I don't see that at all. I know they want Rodgers.
Rumor is they want
Rodgers
Carr
Jimmy G
Tanny
In that order. If they can’t get the first three, they would possibly trade as much as a 2nd and a 4th for Tanny.

Rumor is they want
Rodgers
Carr
Jimmy G
Tanny
In that order. If they can’t get the first three, they would possibly trade as much as a 2nd and a 4th for Tanny.
I would jump all over that. I'm not completely against using that and more to move up to get Stroud. I'm not sold on Young.

Rumor is they want
Rodgers
Carr
Jimmy G
Tanny
and pay him the, what was it, $25m CAP

regardless Titans would be stupid to let T17 go unless they just want to go 3-13

right now that would have Titans rolling into season with Dobbs backed up by sqrweul and a rookie QB from parts unknown which would be a disaster

regardless Titans would be stupid to let T17 go unless they just want to go 3-13

right now that would have Titans rolling into season with Dobbs backed up by sqrweul and a rookie QB from parts unknown which would be a disaster

I have a good amount of faith that Stroud or Bryce Young wouldn't be much, if any, worse than Tanne was in 2022. I actually think there's a decent chance they are better than Tanne.

If you don’t think Tannehill can win a Super Bowl, and I don’t think he can, you’re better off trading him and tanking for a top QB next year. Otherwise you’re stuck in purgatory forever. I’ve changed my thinking on the issue.

What's stupid is languishing in mediocrity and watching your core players age out while the rest of the AFC South gets better/younger.

In order to even get to a SB, we're gonna have to through Mahomes, Lawrence, Burrow, Allen, and Herbert. Not to mention guys like Wilson, Watson, and Lamar who have been elite in the past. And likely Aaron Rodgers will be traded to an AFC team.

To think we can just get by with Tanne and still be able to go toe to toe against multiple of those guys in the playoffs is dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's stupid is languishing in mediocrity and watching your core players age out while the rest of the AFC South gets better/younger.

In order to even get to a SB, we're gonna have to through Mahomes, Lawrence, Burrow, Allen, and Herbert. Not to mention guys like Wilson, Watson, and Lamar who have been elite in the past. And likely Aaron Rodgers will be traded to an AFC team.

To think we can just get by with Tanne and still be able to go toe to toe against multiple of those guys in the playoffs is dumb.
I get what you're saying but the chiefs got mahomes while being competitive with smith, the Ravens did the same with Flacco and ljax, Packers with Favre and Rodgers, 9ers with garrapolo and Lance/Purdy. I'm a firm believer that if you think you can get your guy, you do whatever it takes to get him. But you still shouldn't give up your best QB just because he's not putting you over the top today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back