Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you take a shot on Stetson Bennet in rounds 5-7? He’s the definition of that kind of leader. Doesn’t have the athletic measurable whatsoever, but has unmeasurables in spades.
His drinking habits would concern me. Doesn’t seem to have the self-control I would want in my QB.

If you don't think some QBs elevate their level of play (and their teams level of play) in playoff scenarios then you don't know a thing about football. Literally they were talking about the EXACT and thing on Keyshawn and J-Will the other morning. Some QBs have it. Others don't.
Show me proof.
You’re suggesting now that QB are somewhat holding back in the regular season and find a way to go super Saiyan in the post season is about the most ridiculous argument I’ve ever heard.

if that’s your argument, better go re-figure out your list of QBs since he’s only played 3 of them and is 1-3.

as far as Keyshawn and Jwill go, I’ll say they’re just as FOS as you are for parroting then.

These are Tanne's career playoff stats but the way:

62% completion, 754 passing yards (or 150 yards per game). 7:5 TD/INT ratio.

But yeah the playoffs are totally the same as the regular season.....
What does this prove in a team game?

Go ahead and post all the competition post season vs regular season numbers too.

Would you take a shot on Stetson Bennet in rounds 5-7? He’s the definition of that kind of leader. Doesn’t have the athletic measurable whatsoever, but has unmeasurables in spades.

College is not the same as the NFL. And I doubt Bennett gets drafted, so I would be perfectly fine with picking him up as a UDFA.

Show me proof.
You’re suggesting now that QB are somewhat holding back in the regular season and find a way to go super Saiyan in the post season is about the most ridiculous argument I’ve ever heard.

if that’s your argument, better go re-figure out your list of QBs since he’s only played 3 of them and is 1-3.

as far as Keyshawn and Jwill go, I’ll say they’re just as FOS as you are for parroting then.

Sure. You have more knowledge than someone who played the in the NFL for over 10 years....

Some guys focus more in the playoffs when the pressure is on. Some guys fold. Where do you think the term "big game QB" comes from? It's beyond insane I have to spell this out for you.

Sure. You have more knowledge than someone who played the in the NFL for over 10 years....

Some guys focus more in the playoffs when the pressure is on. Some guys fold. Where do you think the term "big game QB" comes from? It's beyond insane I have to spell this out for you.
Good proof.

I’ll buy that some guys cave. I won’t buy that anyone improves play. That’s BS.

that said, while attacking THill, better start adding some of your QBs to the same list you out THill on. We’ll start with Josh Allen.
You’re worried TN has to go through him, he loses every year in the playoffs. A
How about the worry for Aaron Rodgers? He’s lost every year since 2010. 12 years of playoff losing.
Trevor Lawrence, 1-1 post season.
Justin Herbert. 0-1 with an epic collapse.
Deshaun Watson, more playoff losing.
Lamar Jackson. 1-1 against TN, but more playoff losing.

so who are you talking about?
Your entire premise is garbage and factually not accurate or backed in any way.
This is your gut feeling, just say it. You prefer these other guys.
And while you give credit to Keyshawn for his 10 years of NFL ball, let’s remember he won with Brad Johnson, so he must be speaking of his experience in Brad Johnson elevating his playoff game. OR he’s a talking head show host and has to say s**t every single day and the more outlandish or at least debatable, the more people seem to watch/listen/argue/etc.

Good proof.

I’ll buy that some guys cave. I won’t buy that anyone improves play. That’s BS.

that said, while attacking THill, better start adding some of your QBs to the same list you out THill on. We’ll start with Josh Allen.
You’re worried TN has to go through him, he loses every year in the playoffs. A
How about the worry for Aaron Rodgers? He’s lost every year since 2010. 12 years of playoff losing.
Trevor Lawrence, 1-1 post season.
Justin Herbert. 0-1 with an epic collapse.
Deshaun Watson, more playoff losing.
Lamar Jackson. 1-1 against TN, but more playoff losing.

so who are you talking about?
Your entire premise is garbage and factually not accurate or backed in any way.
This is your gut feeling, just say it. You prefer these other guys.
And while you give credit to Keyshawn for his 10 years of NFL ball, let’s remember he won with Brad Johnson, so he must be speaking of his experience in Brad Johnson elevating his playoff game. OR he’s a talking head show host and has to say s**t every single day and the more outlandish or at least debatable, the more people seem to watch/listen/argue/etc.

Aside from Rodgers, all of those guys are younger than 27. If Tanne were still young, you could chalk it up to inexperience. He's 34, so expecting him to improve is laughable.

And since Rodgers SB win, he has 30 TDs to 10 INTs. He has thrown for at least 2 TD in all but 4 of his 16 games. So again, your take is trash. Pretty clear his performance isn't the reason they haven't won another ring.

Aside from Rodgers, all of those guys are younger than 27. If Tanne were still young, you could chalk it up to inexperience. He's 34, so expecting him to improve is laughable.

And since Rodgers SB win, he has 30 TDs to 10 INTs. He has thrown for at least 2 TD in all but 4 of his 16 games. So again, your take is trash. Pretty clear his performance isn't the reason they haven't won another ring.
So you’re just gonna cherry pick a couple stats and say that’s the norm for everyone.

I notice you excluded my point about Brad Johnson.

You’ve just now added age into this as if that actually has relevance anyway.

You post Aaron Rodgers numbers in the post season. I’ll ask again, is that “improvement” on what he’s done during the regular season?
It’s not. And I agree he’s not the reason they haven’t won, it’s the lack of defense to help him. Coincidentally, Rodgers won when his D was actually among the best in the league and his numbers were down, slightly, but down from his “norm”.
Now you can start your research on what QBs are capable of winning with a Defense. It took Peyton Manning 2 of the best defenses he’s ever had to win a SB, 2015 specifically covering up his awful play.

FTR here’s Aaron Rodgers numbers
career regular season
256.8 yards per game
475 TD / 105 INT or equates to 4.52 TD: 1 INT
65.3% comp
103.6 rating

career post season
267.9 yards per game
45 TD/ 13 INT or equates to 3.46 TD/ 1 INT
64.7%
100.1 rating

he’s actually proof of playing worse in the post season. Still really really good but absolutely is a counterpoint example to your point.

career regular season
256.8 yards per game
65.3% comp
103.6 rating

career post season
267.9 yards per game
64.7%
100.1 rating

he’s actually proof of playing worse in the post season. Still really really good but absolutely is a counterpoint example to your point.

You definitely have valid points but in the regular season you're playing the 4-13 Lions, but in the playoffs you're going against the 13-4 Seahawks.

So those stats can be misconstrued.

You definitely have valid points but in the regular season you're playing the 4-13 Lions, but in the playoffs you're going against the 13-4 Seahawks.

So those stats can be misconstrued.
That’s fair, but doesn’t that same stat apply to THill?
He’s lost to AFC champ Cin (aside from the freak nature of the ending)
he lost to SB champs KC
and he lost to Balt. In the Balt game, D was clearly an issue for TN and most expected TN to lose in the post season much like how TN was talked about this year IF they had made the post season.

You mean 100% over Alex Smith?
no Mahomes... and MM8 even caught his own TD pass cause that is just how much better he is that mahomes in the POs ... cause other than waiting on The Magic GOAT getting the playoff QB is what counts... I am assuming The Magic GOAT is always undefeated in the POs cause that is just how much The Magic GOAT does for a team

Show me proof.

remember that time fugly ass lamar lost to the Titans in the POs... I must just be imagining that... but it seems like it was a thing

So you’re just gonna cherry pick a couple stats and say that’s the norm for everyone.

I notice you excluded my point about Brad Johnson.

You’ve just now added age into this as if that actually has relevance anyway.

You post Aaron Rodgers numbers in the post season. I’ll ask again, is that “improvement” on what he’s done during the regular season?
It’s not. And I agree he’s not the reason they haven’t won, it’s the lack of defense to help him. Coincidentally, Rodgers won when his D was actually among the best in the league and his numbers were down, slightly, but down from his “norm”.
Now you can start your research on what QBs are capable of winning with a Defense. It took Peyton Manning 2 of the best defenses he’s ever had to win a SB, 2015 specifically covering up his awful play.
everyone knows only OLD Magic GOATS elevate PO teams... or do Old Magic GOATS levitate in the POs... it gets confusing

career regular season
256.8 yards per game
65.3% comp
103.6 rating

career post season
267.9 yards per game
64.7%
100.1 rating

Lol his stats are almost exactly the same. Those are elite numbers in both categories. Again trash take.

That’s fair, but doesn’t that same stat apply to THill?
He’s lost to AFC champ Cin (aside from the freak nature of the ending)
he lost to SB champs KC
and he lost to Balt. In the Balt game, D was clearly an issue for TN and most expected TN to lose in the post season much like how TN was talked about this year IF they had made the post season.

If Tanne were actually good in the regular season too, you might have a point. He's been extremely mediocre his entire career aside from like 2.5 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back