Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We both know that the play continues for many seconds after the “stop” so to speak! Indeed, huge offensive plays have come from those types of scenarios where the defender “stops” forward progress, and also in reverse. Lets just say that if forward progress is not stopped by push.. it’s ok to push then.
Might as well spot the ball where the defenders push the ball carrier back to, also. “Oh, you think you made the line to gain? Sorry, 4 defenders pushed you back 15 yards after that. 3rd and 24.”

Might as well spot the ball where the defenders push the ball carrier back to, also. “Oh, you think you made the line to gain? Sorry, 4 defenders pushed you back 15 yards after that. 3rd and 24.”
Also did not address the argument of forward progress not “stopped “. I get it! It’s a knife edge. Let it cut both ways is my stance.

I think teams will start having their NT try and jump the line like Chris Jones did which makes it very dangerous. I think it will likely be banned.
That would be BS! Pansy time… you might be right tho, world is trying to convince children young boys to toss their peckers in blenders. Makes sense I guess. Thought it was 11 men opposed to each other.

Straw man argument
That’s not a straw man argument. Right now, a ball carrier can be stopped and then pushed forward by his teammates, extending the play. He will get credit for whatever yardage his teammates helped him to get, not under his own power. However, if a defender hits a ball carrier and pushes him backwards, the ball carrier gets credit for the yardage he gained before being pushed back. It makes no sense.
I’m all for allowing a ball carrier to gain extra yardage ON HIS OWN, but not this assisted yardage crap. It used to be illegal to do.

That’s not a straw man argument. Right now, a ball carrier can be stopped and then pushed forward by his teammates, extending the play. He will get credit for whatever yardage his teammates helped him to get, not under his own power. However, if a defender hits a ball carrier and pushes him backwards, the ball carrier gets credit for the yardage he gained before being pushed back. It makes no sense.
I’m all for allowing a ball carrier to gain extra yardage ON HIS OWN, but not this assisted yardage crap. It used to be illegal to do.
Agreed 100%.

I would love to see the Titans pick up Kaleb McGary in free agency. Definitely one of the better young RT in the league. NPF was fairly abysmal in that spot last year and could move inside or become a primary backup.

AJ Brown told the #Eagles "every little detail" about the #Titans call signals prior to their game this season. (@Raw__Room)

"They don't change nothing!"

Brown spent 3 years with the Titans prior to being traded to Philly.

The Eagles beat the Titans 35-10 on Week 13.

sadly Titans should have been about to use that to their advantage if they could have realized it was happening... sadly it appears Titans were not aware

sorta pretty real sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back