Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
True enough. Byard and henry are actually pretty comparable I think. Great players who did a lot to shift the culture but ultimately are overpaid currently.

Henry is the entire offense. How is he overpaid?

Maybe according to the "you can get a good RB anywhere" standard but Henry isn't as easily replaceable as some RBs. Not just any RB gives you 1500 yards and 13 TDs in what was considered a down year with a crappy team all around.

He'd be the last one I'd be looking to cut if for no other reason than being a fan favorite and keeping attention on the Titans.

Maybe according to the "you can get a good RB anywhere" standard but Henry isn't as easily replaceable as some RBs. Not just any RB gives you 1500 yards and 13 TDs in what was considered a down year with a crappy team all around.

He'd be the last one I'd be looking to cut if for no other reason than being a fan favorite and keeping attention on the Titans.
Some people fall under the “if a RB is 30, they’re dead” mentality.

henry is already proving different than about 80% of all RB in the history of the game. 30 is just a number and he’s one of the few that will still be among League leaders after 30.

Some people fall under the “if a RB is 30, they’re dead” mentality.

henry is already proving different than about 80% of all RB in the history of the game. 30 is just a number and he’s one of the few that will still be among League leaders after 30.
Yeah, doesn't matter if he was 40...1500 yards and double digit TDs is hard to replace. Especially when that's more than all of your WRs combined get. Lol

Some might say that our offense will never change as long as we rely on Henry
If we don’t rely on Henry, then He isn't worth near his salary.
That being said, it’s worth price of admission to see Henry steal the souls of defenders trying to tackle high.
Not saying that we should trade or cut Henry, I’m just saying.

And the amount of wear and tear Derrick has went through since high school, and still be relatively significant injury free (aside from the foot bone in 2021) is also irreplaceable.......

RB's today, especially the eye candy-ones offensive coordinators want that can run a 4.3, catch a ton of passes out of the backfield, and stick their head in on a block a couple plays ----- are THE MOST INJURED backs in the league... due to body framework primarily.

That's the reason all teams in the league run the ball by committee, except generally one............. to reduce wear and tear on these thin little dudes.

Woulda been fun to see it. Henry and an even an above average WR core woulda been fun to watch. But now entering his age-29 season it’s ‘what could have been’. Damn this cursed franchise :rant:
The man is coming off a 1500 yd 13 TD season...along with a career high in rec yds...why does everyone think he's done? I think he's back...get some decent WR, improve the OL and if it's Tannehill at QB we could see an improved team.

Why can't we have Henry being Henry and a decent WR group?

People seem to forget Tannehill had the best season of his career in 2020 (3800yards, 33TDs, 6INTs) when Henry also ran for 2k. It's possible to have Henry do Henry things but also have an offense that isn't entirely up to him.

And then came Downing and Jrobs roster moves to ruin the whole offense.

The man is coming off a 1500 yd 13 TD season...along with a career high in rec yds...why does everyone think he's done? I think he's back...get some decent WR, improve the OL and if it's Tannehill at QB we could see an improved team.

def didn’t say he’s done ; he’s built differently - I’d say he has 2 really good years of production left.

which is why I am one of the few here clamoring for Aaron Rodgers.

What is a rookie or Dobbs (lol) going to do for the next 2 years ?? Nothing. Rodgers will salvage Henry’s last 2 years.

remember that time T17 went to Green Bay at night in the cold and schooled Rogers ... seems like it really was not that long ago

just sayin'

def didn’t say he’s done ; he’s built differently - I’d say he has 2 really good years of production left.

What is a rookie or Dobbs (lol) going to do for the next 2 years ?? Nothing. Rodgers will salvage Henry’s last 2 years.
The problem with Rodgers is how much we will have to pay him and how much we'd have to give up to get him. We have 6 picks currently this year and at least 3, probably 4 OL spots to fill - not to mention all of the other holes on the roster.

GB will probably require at least two, 1st round picks for Rodgers, who is older and on the decline. Not to mention he wants like $50 million per year. You want to pay an aging QB almost 1/4 of the cap space and give up multiple picks just to get him? There would literally be nothing left to use to build around him.

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, we are in a rebuild. If done correctly, we can be back at the top of the AFC South next year or the year after. But time to come to terms with the fact that this will be a down year due to the state J-Rob left the team in.

The problem with Rodgers is how much we will have to pay him and how much we'd have to give up to get him. We have 6 picks currently this year and at least 3, probably 4 OL spots to fill - not to mention all of the other holes on the roster.

GB will probably require at least two, 1st round picks for Rodgers, who is older and on the decline. Not to mention he wants like $50 million per year. You want to pay an aging QB almost 1/4 of the cap space and give up multiple picks just to get him? There would literally be nothing left to use to build around him.

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, we are in a rebuild. If done correctly, we can be back at the top of the AFC South next year or the year after. But time to come to terms with the fact that this will be a down year due to the state J-Rob left the team in.
Rodgers cap hit if traded to us would be less this year than Tanny. This on top of the cap saving by cutting Tanny post June 1. Rodgers himself even said that if/when he's traded he would restructure his contract.

Some might say that our offense will never change as long as we rely on Henry
If we don’t rely on Henry, then He isn't worth near his salary.
That being said, it’s worth price of admission to see Henry steal the souls of defenders trying to tackle high.
Not saying that we should trade or cut Henry, I’m just saying.
I don’t think he was anywhere near his potential last season. He needs the offensive line to do some blocking
It’s like expecting a we to do good with a worse than average qb

"What could have been" sounded like you were saying he's done...with an improved OL and a decent WR group, whether it's Tannehill at QB or ?...we could be not as bad as initially thought.

But like it's been said we may be in a short term rebuild...Good thing about Henry is he'll keep us entertained

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back