Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prefacing this by saying, I don't want this to happen and I hope it doesn't.

However - I'm starting to see some buzz around the Titans either trading, or simply cutting Derrick Henry due to his salary and the team's salary cap situation. I first heard it on 104.5 the zone and just a few minutes ago, Rhett Bryan (Titans radio producer) basically came out and said "something could happen to Derrick Henry, when you look at what he's getting paid."

Some teams start floating things like this out there (and Bryan is a Titans employee) to get ahead of the story and so it's not such a surprise when it does happen. Kind of a "where there's smoke, there's fire" situation.

Again, hope it doesn't happen, but with the salary cap situation J-Rob left us in, they may decide to make that move.

However - I'm starting to see some buzz around the Titans either trading, or simply cutting Derrick Henry due to his salary and the team's salary cap situation. I first heard it on 104.5 the zone and just a few minutes ago, Rhett Bryan (Titans radio producer) basically came out and said "something could happen to Derrick Henry, when you look at what he's getting paid."

Some teams start floating things like this out there (and Bryan is a Titans employee) to get ahead of the story and so it's not such a surprise when it does happen. Kind of a "where there's smoke, there's fire" situation.

Again, hope it doesn't happen, but with the salary cap situation J-Rob left us in, they may decide to make that move.

Seriously, we lose Derrick, what exactly is our offensive identity?

There would be zero reason to watch this team right now without Henry. Plus there's not another capable RB on the team. That would be an unbelievably stupid move by the Titans.

Byard is scheduled to be a $19M hit. His production is not worth that. Lots of cutting and extending/restructuring to be done.
Byard was already restructured which is why his cap hit is high this year. He’s 30 so extending is risky. Still under contract for 2 more years too with dead money in 2025 and 2026 already.

Byard is scheduled to be a $19M hit. His production is not worth that. Lots of cutting and extending/restructuring to be done.
True enough. Byard and henry are actually pretty comparable I think. Great players who did a lot to shift the culture but ultimately are overpaid currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back