Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading for him would be like Clowney/Julio Jones/Andre Johnson/Randy Moss combined.

We're far better off keeping Tannehill for now.
I don’t want to trade for Rodgers either but not because I don’t think he’s arguably the best QB in the league or that he would come to Tennessee and backup Willis aka what happened with Randy or Andre.
He’s not clowney.

The problem with Rodgers is how much we will have to pay him and how much we'd have to give up to get him. We have 6 picks currently this year and at least 3, probably 4 OL spots to fill - not to mention all of the other holes on the roster.

GB will probably require at least two, 1st round picks for Rodgers, who is older and on the decline. Not to mention he wants like $50 million per year. You want to pay an aging QB almost 1/4 of the cap space and give up multiple picks just to get him? There would literally be nothing left to use to build around him.

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, we are in a rebuild. If done correctly, we can be back at the top of the AFC South next year or the year after. But time to come to terms with the fact that this will be a down year due to the state J-Rob left the team in.
Two firsts? Not a chance. Rodgers could be had for a single 3rd round pick at this point. The Packers have already said they’re done with him and that Love will be the starter next year. With that cap hit they have ZERO leverage. They’re options are to cut him and get nothing, pay him $50 million to sit on the bench as a backup, or trade him for anything they can.
All that being said, Rodgers is the Mariah Carey of football. Total diva and the Opposite of a Vrable guy.

Two firsts? Not a chance. Rodgers could be had for a single 3rd round pick at this point. The Packers have already said they’re done with him and that Love will be the starter next year. With that cap hit they have ZERO leverage. They’re options are to cut him and get nothing, pay him $50 million to sit on the bench as a backup, or trade him for anything they can.
All that being said, Rodgers is the Mariah Carey of football. Total diva and the Opposite of a Vrabel guy.
Good post, and I believe you are correct. I’d say a 2nd, we’ll see! He ain’t in Tennessee or Greenbay

I don’t want to trade for Rodgers either but not because I don’t think he’s arguably the best QB in the league or that he would come to Tennessee and backup Willis aka what happened with Randy or Andre.
He’s not clowney.
I agree.

He's too facking expensive to build a team that would be successful.

Different dyanamic, same result.

Just took a look at his stats, you're right he did have a good season. Still don't think he's a needle mover at this point, especially when we have so many holes as is.
Yeah I want offense and then more offense and then more offense. By my count we have 9 players returning on offense so we need around 15 more player signed for that side of the ball.

To me you have to go into total rebuild mode.

Release Bud
Release Tannehill
Try to trade Henry
Don't resign anyone except maybe Davis and Big Jeff.

Take a losing season trying out young Qbs like Hooker,Richardson who could be second rounders .Or even give Malik another chance worst case we end up with the 1st pick next year and draft one there and build a team with the cap space in 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back