Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me you have to go into total rebuild mode.

Release Bud
Release Tannehill
Try to trade Henry
Don't resign anyone except maybe Davis and Big Jeff.

Take a losing season trying out young Qbs like Hooker,Richardson who could be second rounders .Or even give Malik another chance worst case we end up with the 1st pick next year and draft one there and build a team with the cap space in 2024.

I don't know about the logic of drafting someone like Hooker (who won't be ready by the start of next season) or Richardson who will clearly fail in his first year and then if they fail we get the #1 pick to draft another QB in 2024.

That would be a 3rd, 2nd and 1st round QB on the roster.

If you're going to rebuild, you set yourself up to draft a 2024 QB, not a 2023 QB in the second round.

I don't know about the logic of drafting someone like Hooker (who won't be ready by the start of next season) or Richardson who will clearly fail in his first year and then if they fail we get the #1 pick to draft another QB in 2024.

If you're going to rebuild, you set yourself up to draft a 2024 QB, not a 2023 QB in the second round.

The logic is that he gets a yr to sit and learn while not taking up a roster spot.

I don't think there is anyone in that building that is ok with knowingly putting a non-competitive team out on the field next season because they want to tank for a 1st round QB.

True my logic is taking big multiple swings at the Qb position to try and hit a home run and find that right guy even if we strike out and lose alot of draft picks.

My opinion is extreme however.
I get the concept but the biggest issue with this idea is there cannot be any patience for any of the QB. Basically you put one in, if he doesn’t have immediate success, throw in the next guy, same again for guy number 3.
In that scenario Willis would be the most tenured but (aside from current feelings about him) it can take multiple seasons to see the full capability of the QB. Some of the absolute best QBs in the history of the league werent great straight out the doors.
I think using this strategy would force 1 or 2 of this prospects out the door without giving an appropriate amount of time to learn the game.

ftr, I think this is an active issue around the league. Zero patience.

The thinking is, that minus the injury Hooker was projected as a potential 1st rounder. You are not going to save money by cutting Tannehill this year and still paying even a bridge starter this season. So, if you can get Hooker as a potential starter next year now and not “hope” you get the right guy in the draft next year, then you do it. That keeps you competitive with Tannehill next year and hopefully transition to Hooker the following season. Like ANY new QB scenario, all is a crap shoot.

Not sure how you'd properly evaluate an inexperienced QB behind the current O-line and receiver group, both of which are probably in the bottom third of the league.

Not sure how you'd properly evaluate an inexperienced QB behind the current O-line and receiver group, both of which are probably in the bottom third of the league.
What OLine? We won’t have the same guys next year. We will pretty much have a completely new line.

To me you have to go into total rebuild mode.

Release Bud
Release Tannehill
Try to trade Henry
Don't resign anyone except maybe Davis and Big Jeff.

Take a losing season trying out young Qbs like Hooker,Richardson who could be second rounders .Or even give Malik another chance worst case we end up with the 1st pick next year and draft one there and build a team with the cap space in 2024.
I'm glad you're not the GM...

Release me? Release this...

View attachment 20589

True my logic is taking big multiple swings at the Qb position to try and hit a home run and find that right guy even if we strike out and lose alot of draft picks.

My opinion is extreme however.
Ah, the "Revolving Door at QB" strategy! Ask a Browns fan how well that works :D

AL5GRJV6vcuyKiPWewd4Pamkkng9oEHem0VTte8OtX9c=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

If we're doing that, it had better be a complete rebuild. Get as many high end picks as possible from Henry, Tanne, and even Simmons if you don't plan to resign him. Then load up these next 2 drafts on skill positions and a high end QB.

what do you think we would get in trade value for Tanny, Henry, Simmons.

Simmons would certainly bring a 1st. Tanny and Henry maybe 2nd rnd picks

If we trade Tanny I would seriously consider Tanner McKee out of Stanford and bring in his star WR Michael Wilson too. One of the most accurate passers in this draft and a WR that can make plays anywhere on the field. Watch Wilson’s highlights. Doubt he makes it past Day 2 at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back