Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watson got 5 years $230m fully guaranteed, so $46m/year
Yeah and the Browns very very stupid for that.

44m/yr is Mahomes money and Jackson has never come close to the success Mahomes has had. He should have jumped at the chance to make that kind of money.

Right, so more than $46m/yr and the reported offer was $44m/yr
Pretty sure he means he wants more than the 230m total that Watson got.
So like 50m a year over 5 years

Cleveland totally ruined the market for QBs and contracts in general. Watson at his best was never worth that.
Well hopefully that contract is the catalyst of change, these owners collectively hopefully will band together and say enough is enough with these inflated QB contracts. Let Lamar sit nobody sign make him sign for a lot less to send a message. No reason 50% of the cap should go to a QB.

Well hopefully that contract is the catalyst of change, these owners collectively hopefully will band together and say enough is enough with these inflated QB contracts. Let Lamar sit nobody sign make him sign for a lot less to send a message. No reason 50% of the cap should go to a QB.
Exactly why the owners should treat Jim Haslam like an outcast.

Curious if during negotiations and the agent (Jackson himself I believe) inevitably mentions the Watson contract, if Baltimore flat out said something like, do you not understand how dumb Cleveland is and how much they overpaid for that player.
We value you more than Watson, but they overvalued him entirely and we’re not paying the same overpayment.

He admitted he turned down 3year/133m fully guaranteed. Over 44m/y. So he wants more than that, which is too much.
Not entirely true though is it. 3 year 133mil guaranteed isn't much better than 5 years 200mil guaranteed. Hes looking for security as much as guaranteed. The fact of the matter is ravens is doing dirty and don't believe in him. Otherwise they'd give him a long term contract. Everyone knows brown done a browns move signing deshaun. All comes down to owner not signing that check.

1 deal doesn't set a market. Hence why teams are "holding out" on lamaar. Once the draft is done there will be teams approaching for deals. Besides the "deshaun deal" he's looking for is all speculation and media talk. Dude is looking for security obviously. Had 3 years at 133mil if he was money hungry he'd take that and re test the market after 3 years after inflation.

1 deal doesn't set a market. Hence why teams are "holding out" on lamaar. Once the draft is done there will be teams approaching for deals. Besides the "deshaun deal" he's looking for is all speculation and media talk. Dude is looking for security obviously. Had 3 years at 133mil if he was money hungry he'd take that and re test the market after 3 years after inflation.
1 player sets the market almost every year at 1 or more positions.

There’s a fine line between Baltimore doing him dirty and him being greedy.
At this point, with the money offered, he greedy or thinks he’s better than he is AND think baltimore or any other team should completely overlook his last 2 years of injury.

At this point, with the money offered, he greedy or thinks he’s better than he is AND think baltimore or any other team should completely overlook his last 2 years of injury.
jackson 100% undervaluing ratbirds shaped entire O around his butt

should have taken that 3/133 deal and been in the only place that will do that

2 years of injury you talked about is 8 games. That is 8 games over 4 years. In those 4 years mvp and playoffs. Teams that need a qb should be jumping at the opportunity. Alas they'll rather give the picks for next year and after for his services. Why give the 1st for this year? Jets are going to be giving a rod 50 mil this year at least I bet Jackson ain't looking for 5 year 250 mil

2 years of injury you talked about is 8 games. That is 8 games over 4 years. In those 4 years mvp and playoffs. Teams that need a qb should be jumping at the opportunity. Alas they'll rather give the picks for next year and after for his services. Why give the 1st for this year? Jets are going to be giving a rod 50 mil this year at least I bet Jackson ain't looking for 5 year 250 mil
You can space out the 8 games over 2 years all you want. He still missed 4 games each of the last 2 years.

MVP is a looong way in the mirror now. Might as well stop brining it up. He’s Dante culpepper, Steve beuerlein, he’s many many 1 year wonders in that regard.

he over values himself, someone is unjustly comparing anything to the Watson deal, who was way over paid, and at a minimum, he appears to work in the system Baltimore built, which almost no other team has built or has to change to incorporate him.
they can just as easily save a lot of money and draft picks and get some of the same question marks.

What is that tweet? Twitter doesn't load here at work.

Based on what I’ve heard from Shanahan, Lynch, and York, I expect Trey Lance will be traded during the #NFLDraft2023. My guess is he’ll be dealt to the Titans for Malik Willis and a pick swap that gives the 49ers a day 1-2 pick as well. With that pick they’ll fill a major roster need with one of these options: Michael Mayer-TE? Deonte Banks-CB? Calijah Kancey-DL? Adetomiwa Adebawore-Edge? Cody Mauch-OT? Isaiah Foskey-Edge?……That’s my opinion based on what I’ve read/heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back