Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another year of Lawrence development, another year of Pederson, they were already a 9 win team with a bunch of close losses(6 of 8 losses were by one score.) And they have 9 picks in the draft. Jags are gonna be a force.
Jags have been off-season champs since I can remember....

Another year of Lawrence development, another year of Pederson, they were already a 9 win team with a bunch of close losses(6 of 8 losses were by one score.) And they have 9 picks in the draft. Jags are gonna be a force.
Jags are and will always be the Jags until they prove it on the field. As mentioned, they’ve been offseason champs before, I don’t think that’s accurate for this year, but until they win more than 9 games, for no, they’re a 9 win team.

The same logic applies to TN right now too. They’re a 7 win team that proves they’re better than that by winning more.

What moves make you feel like we are not buying into next season?

The cuts we have made have all been appropriate given salary vs. production/health of the player.

The only position that I wish we had signed was a proven vet WR, but I understand why we haven't because no FA really wants to come to a run first offense.

To me the not buying into next season has been media driven not Titans driven.... The talk of trading Henry, cutting Tanny, and the Byard stuff ... none of that came from the Titans... it is obvious that Byard's agent is the one pushing the pay cut narrative because he wants Byard to get an extension. I'm sure the Titans said sure we will give you an extension, but we aren't going to pay you 13 mil a yr.. we will give you an extension and the next 2 yrs will be for 10 mil a yr.

Byard, Henry and Tanny might not like playing without an extension in place, but the Titans have the control this yr. While the players get the control next yr unless the franchise tag is used.

not a fan of the dilliard signing, alot of money for a guy who has barely played. other teams are trading for starting caliber o linemen and Wr's. all we did was bring back nwi, who i also dont like. So a big part of it is the lack of moves/questionable moves at our 2 biggest positions of need. There is still lots of time though..

Jags are and will always be the Jags until they prove it on the field. As mentioned, they’ve been offseason champs before, I don’t think that’s accurate for this year, but until they win more than 9 games, for no, they’re a 9 win team.

The same logic applies to TN right now too. They’re a 7 win team that proves they’re better than that by winning more.
I mean they just won the division, a playoff game, and then just hung with the chiefs. And no the same logic doesn't apply to the titans as the team is gutted and we have like 0 young and improving talent. Sure the Jags wheels could fall off, and the titans could improve but as it stands right now the Jags are a hefty favorite to win the south and rightfully so.

I mean they just won the division, a playoff game, and then just hung with the chiefs. And no the same logic doesn't apply to the titans as the team is gutted and we have like 0 young and improving talent. Sure the Jags wheels could fall off, and the titans could improve but as it stands right now the Jags are a hefty favorite to win the south and rightfully so.
You mean they did all the same things the titans did only a couple years ago? I feel like none of the hype train followed the titans after getting to the AFCCG like the hype train has been partying in Jax just because they drafted Lawrence, earned the #1 pick, then won 9 games and beat LAC in the playoffs.

I seriously will never understand how the Jags have “earned” any hype train whatsoever. They “won” a sh1*ty division which would have been seen as completely different of TN had won the last game, it would been “nothing impressive”, “crappy division”, “not real competitors”, etc.
And “wheels falling off” would be a nod to having the wheels installed at some point.

And what do you mean gutted? They got rid of all the backups that played most of the season because the starters were forming their own team made of just IR players?

You mean they did all the same things the titans did only a couple years ago? I feel like none of the hype train followed the titans after getting to the AFCCG like the hype train has been partying in Jax just because they drafted Lawrence, earned the #1 pick, then won 9 games and beat LAC in the playoffs.

I seriously will never understand how the Jags have “earned” any hype train whatsoever. They “won” a sh1*ty division which would have been seen as completely different of TN had won the last game, it would been “nothing impressive”, “crappy division”, “not real competitors”, etc.
And “wheels falling off” would be a nod to having the wheels installed at some point.

And what do you mean gutted? They got rid of all the backups that played most of the season because the starters were forming their own team made of just IR players?
they are better than us and trending up while we are trending down, it's not really that hard to see

Yeah but they're doing it with one of the best QB prospects of the last decade in year two vs. titans doing it with a bargain bin 32 year old. One is just getting started, the other was at his peak already. That's a drastic difference.

I'm not saying the Jags are a Superbowl favorite. However they are clearly the best team in the division right now, which the odds reflect.

What do I mean gutted? We have like 5 nfl caliber players on the roster including a 30 year old RB, a 34 year old QB, a wr who can't stay on the field, an edge rusher coming off a torn ACL, and a DT that still hasn't been extended. This team is bottom 5 talent in the NFL easily.

they are better than us and trending up while we are trending down, it's not really that hard to see
Better than a 7-10 team. That’s reason for excitement,

And of course they’re on an upswing from the previous year, they were 3-14 and the #1 pick. They would be on an “upswing” with 4 wins and #2 draft pick.

9 wins is not impressive. Winning the 2022 AFC South was not impressive, starting the season at 3-7 is not impressive.

And for someone accusing everyone as being scared to draft a QB, you really are scared of the Jaguars, historically one of the worst franchises in existence.
It’s ok, you don’t have have to be scared of the Jags.

Better than a 7-10 team. That’s reason for excitement,

And of course they’re on an upswing from the previous year, they were 3-14 and the #1 pick. They would be on an “upswing” with 4 wins and #2 draft pick.

9 wins is not impressive. Winning the 2022 AFC South was not impressive, starting the season at 3-7 is not impressive.

And for someone accusing everyone as being scared to draft a QB, you really are scared of the Jaguars, historically one of the worst franchises in existence.
It’s ok, you don’t have have to be scared of the Jags.
tell yourself whatever you need to if it makes you feel better

afkgaming%2F2021-08%2F79649079-d0e7-4acd-853b-6a2b92797da3%2Fcopium_png.png

Yeah but they're doing it with one of the best QB prospects of the last decade in year two vs. titans doing it with a bargain bin 32 year old. One is just getting started, the other was at his peak already. That's a drastic difference.

I'm not saying the Jags are a Superbowl favorite. However they are clearly the best team in the division right now, which the odds reflect.

What do I mean gutted? We have like 5 nfl caliber players on the roster including a 30 year old RB, a 34 year old QB, a wr who can't stay on the field, an edge rusher coming off a torn ACL, and a DT that still hasn't been extended. This team is bottom 5 talent in the NFL easily.
Are you referring to his prospect status or what he’s do e in the NFL? Because so far, unless you define what “one of the best” is, he’s not been one of the best in the NFL in the last 10 years. He’s got a long way to go to get to Lamar Jackson level as an example.

And are you arguing the Jags are good or the titans are bad?

tell yourself whatever you need to if it makes you feel better

afkgaming%2F2021-08%2F79649079-d0e7-4acd-853b-6a2b92797da3%2Fcopium_png.png
Solid art work.
Speculation on your part is all we need I guess.
Im surprised how quickly people accept that Jax is just THE team before a season. I guess there’s a first time for everything.

And in fairness to Jax, they really deserve to be the division champs for awhile, after 20 years of rebuilding, you’d think they should’ve reached this pinnacle by now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solid art work.
Speculation on your part is all we need I guess.
I surprised how quickly people accept that Jax is just the team we’ll before a season. I guess there’s a first time for everything.

And in fairness to Jax, they really deserve to be the division champs for awhile, after 20 years of rebuilding, you’d think they should’ve reached this pinnacle by now.
speculation? they are already the champs. nothing to speculate about.

Are you referring to his prospect status or what he’s do e in the NFL? Because so far, unless you define what “one of the best” is, he’s not been one of the best in the NFL in the last 10 years. He’s got a long way to go to get to Lamar Jackson level as an example.

And are you arguing the Jags are good or the titans are bad?
Both. Best prospect since Manning, his first season he sucked but so did Peyton and he was dealing with urbs dumbass. He was top ten in yards and TDs this past season with Christian Kirk being his best option.

A bit of both. Jags are a boarderline top 10 team where as titans are boarderline bottom 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back