Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

View attachment 21724
Seeing this report makes me wonder if he is the leader for the #7 pick.

Now I know we have OT needs, but, what if we are talking to all the OTs expected in rounds 1-2 to see how we like them and then make a jump back in with our current 2nd round pick and either a 1st or 2nd from 2025 to move back up in the late 1st. Not saying this will happen, but looking at scenarios.

Would we gamble next year’s early pick to solidify both OT and WR this year (with both being deep in the class this draft), and giving Levis a chance with a stacked WR lineup still on a rookie deal? For the record I have no knowledge of what either OT or WR looks like for 2025 potential.

update for 4/10

• Kris Abrams-Draine, Cornerback, Missouri (T30)
  • Rasheen Ali, Running Back, Marshall (T30)
  • Joe Alt^, Offensive Tackle, Notre Dame (COM, T30)
  • Brock Bowers, Tight End, Georgia (COM)
  • Jarvis Brownlee Jr., Cornerback, Louisville (T30)
  • Caelen Carson, Cornerback, Wake Forest (T30)
  • Junior Colson, Linebacker, Michigan (T30)
  • Olumuyiwa Fashanu, Offensive Tackle, Penn State (COM)
  • Tyler Guyton, Offensive Tackle, Oklahoma (T30)
  • McKinnley Jackson, Nose Tackle, Texas A&M (T30)
  • Cedric Johnson, Defensive End, Ole Miss (COM)
  • Isaiah Johnson, Safety, Syracuse (PRO)
  • J.C. Latham, Offensive Tackle, Alabama (T30)
  • Marshawn Lloyd, Running Back, USC (T30)
  • Kool-Aid McKinstry, Cornerback, Alabama (T30)
  • Jordan Morgan, Offensive Tackle, Arizona (COM)
  • Malik Nabers^, Wide Receiver, LSU (COM, PRO, T30)
  • Bo Nix, Quarterback, Oregon (COM)
  • Rome Odunze, Wide Receiver, Washington (COM)
  • Patrick Paul, Offensive Tackle, Houston (COM)
  • Darius Robinson, Defensive Tackle, Missouri (VIR)
  • T'Vondre Sweat, Defensive Tackle, Texas (T30)
  • Roman Wilson, Wide Receiver, Michigan (T30)
2024 NFL Draft Prospect Visits Tracker: By Team – WalterFootball
Feels like we're really light on safeties, LBs, and DEs. I'm surprised by the WRs, since it doesn't feel like we're taking one at 7, although I wouldn't hate it. Also, the RBs seem weird.

At least one CB and Edge should be drafted each year from rounds 3-7.

Feels like we're really light on safeties, LBs, and DEs. I'm surprised by the WRs, since it doesn't feel like we're taking one at 7, although I wouldn't hate it. Also, the RBs seem weird.

I disagree with this part. It feels like there's a TON of momentum behind WR at 7, especially with Nabers. We've had 3 visits with him in the pre-draft process including a top 30 visit this week. We only visited with two prospects last year 3 times, Levis and Spears, and we drafted them both.

The wrs is probably a bluff to LAC, as I'm sure they see what we see and like 50x more.

Saber rattling.

View attachment 21724

Now I know we have OT needs, but, what if we are talking to all the OTs expected in rounds 1-2 to see how we like them and then make a jump back in with our current 2nd round pick and either a 1st or 2nd from 2025 to move back up in the late 1st. Not saying this will happen, but looking at scenarios.

Would we gamble next year’s early pick to solidify both OT and WR this year (with both being deep in the class this draft), and giving Levis a chance with a stacked WR lineup still on a rookie deal? For the record I have no knowledge of what either OT or WR looks like for 2025 potential.

Don't think you have to trade next yrs draft picks to move up for OT this yr... if Nabors is their at 7 and you draft him then you can draft an OT in the 2nd who plays RT this yr and then pick up one of the available vet LTs ( Charles Leno or Donovan Smith).

View attachment 21724

I’d be pumped with Nabers at #7. He’s a great receiver and adds a different element with yards after catch more so than Hop and Ridley.

However, I don’t think we’re in a position to take that swing. We don’t have a LT on the roster and you could argue we don’t have a starting RT either. We’re somewhat pigeon holed in taking a LT at 7. Levis needs to be protected and a 2nd round rookie or late signing Vet shouldn’t be the plan.

I’d be pumped with Nabers at #7. He’s a great receiver and adds a different element with yards after catch more so than Hop and Ridley.

However, I don’t think we’re in a position to take that swing. We don’t have a LT on the roster and you could argue we don’t have a starting RT either. We’re somewhat pigeon holed in taking a LT at 7. Levis needs to be protected and a 2nd round rookie or late signing Vet shouldn’t be the plan.

Hard to accept but we have to trust the scouts and not just draft for need based on the public's perception of who's better. We came away with Michael Ross and David Stewart from the same draft in 2005. Rounds 2 and 4, respectively. Maybe with competent coaching and above average scouts we can catch lightning in a bottle twice.

Hard to accept but we have to trust the scouts and not just draft for need based on the public's perception of who's better. We came away with Michael Ross and David Stewart from the same draft in 2005. Rounds 2 and 4, respectively. Maybe with competent coaching and above average scouts we can catch lightning in a bottle twice.
I wish more people understood this. Just because OT is our biggest need doesn't mean you draft one in the 1st round because it's your biggest need.

There are several examples of the Titans drafting for need as opposed to best player available. The best example though, is drafting Jake Locker at #8 when JJ Watt was still on the board.

I wish more people understood this. Just because OT is our biggest need doesn't mean you draft one in the 1st round because it's your biggest need.

There are several examples of the Titans drafting for need as opposed to best player available. The best example though, is drafting Jake Locker at #8 when JJ Watt was still on the board.
I think people should also recognize that Alt is very much ranked as BPA appx #7.
titans taking Alt fills a need AND happens to be BPA.

according to another thread size and strength priority over 'athletism' or finger width

size and strength can be obtained later in draft

like my opinion man

I mean you're right... but we suck drafting tackles later than round 1 post-Reese era...... Roos and Stewart were taken 2nd round or later...... all the way back in 2006....... that's an AWFUL-LEE long trend lol.

And in that same breath,
There are several examples of the Titans drafting for need as opposed to best player available
you simply DO NOT take a WR ... when you have 3 on the roster -- and don't get it twisted, we won't get crap for Treylon in a trade with his injury history.

I even want us to pass on MH seeing our need at LT, but knowing that he'll be long gone before we reach even pick 6 gives me the ease ability to say something that crazy.... lol

I think people should also recognize that Alt is very much ranked as BPA appx #7.
titans taking Alt fills a need AND happens to be BPA.
That’s if he is there, and if we are trading out, who would be trading in and for who? Think if the monster is still there, we take him- Solid decision. Can also see us taking a WR there, and wouldn’t lose my chit if we did honestly. This year just screams Alt to me. Lines up perfectly for us, and the cool part is that WR is most likely there too, which also lines up for us. I really don’t want to trade out of our spot here. Take a stud and move on. We have brought in hands already, so common sense would lean towards T.

I haven't seen titans fans this in love with a prospect since Chance Warmack

If only we had RAS Scores available back then. Warmack's was like 3.1 out of 10. Pretty sure everyone would have been against it back then.

The 2013 draft class was pretty mediocre as a whole though. Particularly the 1st round picks. Lots of misses that year.

I haven't seen titans fans this in love with a prospect since Chance Warmack

I hope you're referring to alt lol...

Because on facebook, you can spot who really, really don't know jack about football.... assuming we're still taking a WR with 2 #1s on the roster.... and that's WITH including Trey-short Burks in a trade..... without... its 3 on the roster....

I think a lot of Titans fans (not talking about anyone here on goT) saw how bad the line was last year, and the only draft prep they did was look up who is ranked as the best O-lineman in the draft, and think "that's who I want," and don't consider draft position, value, or anything else that goes into making the pick.

What's funniest to me is, they saw how many sacks Levis took last year and they all want Alt. But it's actually Fashanu who is better in pass protection according to almost every draft analyst you listen to.

I was listening to the a podcast today and they articulated this really well. They said Alt is a B+ at everything he does, but he's never going to be Trent Williams elite level player ever. Fashanu on the other hand, is better in pass pro and is a better athlete, but isn't as refined as Alt and isn't as good a run blocker. That is why Alt usually is listed as OT1.

If we really are drafting an OT to protect Levis, Fashanu makes more sense than Alt because he's better in pass pro. A lot of mock drafts now have Fashanu falling out of the top 10. So if you could trade back and still get Fashanu after picking up extra draft capital, you do it 10 times out of 10.

Alt < Fashanu.

I think a lot of Titans fans (not talking about anyone here on goT) saw how bad the line was last year, and the only draft prep they did was look up who is ranked as the best O-lineman in the draft, and think "that's who I want," and don't consider draft position, value, or anything else that goes into making the pick.

What's funniest to me is, they saw how many sacks Levis took last year and they all want Alt. But it's actually Fashanu who is better in pass protection according to almost every draft analyst you listen to.

I was listening to the a podcast today and they articulated this really well. They said Alt is a B+ at everything he does, but he's never going to be Trent Williams elite level player ever. Fashanu on the other hand, is better in pass pro and is a better athlete, but isn't as refined as Alt and isn't as good a run blocker. That is why Alt usually is listed as OT1.

If we really are drafting an OT to protect Levis, Fashanu makes more sense than Alt because he's better in pass pro. A lot of mock drafts now have Fashanu falling out of the top 10. So if you could trade back and still get Fashanu after picking up extra draft capital, you do it 10 times out of 10.

Alt < Fashanu.

Very insightful post

Latest posts

Back