Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke Fickell, Cincinnati HC

Fickell is a proven defensive playcaller at the college level and he’s had some success as the head man in Cincinnati too, but the real reason he’s on this list is his relationship with Mike Vrabel. Fickell was Vrabel’s teammate at Ohio State and the best man in his wedding. The two former college roommates still run their 2nd and 7 charity together and Fickell gave Vrabel his first job in coaching in 2011 when Fickell was the interim head coach for the Buckeyes.

Would the chance to team up with his good friend be enough to lure Fickell out of his own promising head coaching path in the college game?

I can’t imagine Fickle would leave a head coaching gig for a DC position. And Cincinnati is doing well.

I can’t imagine Fickle would leave a head coaching gig for a DC position. And Cincinnati is doing well.
That was from an article before we hired Pees, just wondering if the same candidates would be considered.. I recently read UCLA and Illinois are interested in Fickell

Might as well restrict yourselves to posting what OC you’d like in fantasy land because Shane Bowen will be DC next year.
And that is not a good thing! However, I agree that is what will happen not what should happen. This team missed Dean Pees a lot more that Vrabel is willing to admit

Been reading about how Bowen was the defensive coordinator all along. He should be fired. Our defense was the worst it had been in a very long time. We gave up more points than the early 2010s when we were really bad. If the Titans keep him as the coordinator, it will be the beginning of the end for Vrabel, JRob and would have wasted a really good offense.

Maybe no title to see how he did? Trial run kind of thing? Easier to put him back to LB coach then fire the DC, I think we have a new DC, a real one next year.

Might as well restrict yourselves to posting what OC you’d like in fantasy land because Shane Bowen will be DC next year.

I am not sure why you think this. Vrabel said coaching positions would be considered and also that Bowen was essentially the DC last year. Why would you assume after looking at the job all coaches did he would decide one who did a bad job? You may be right, but I have no evidence to believe you will be. I see more evidence to suggest you will be wrong.

I am not sure why you think this. Vrabel said coaching positions would be considered and also that Bowen was essentially the DC last year. Why would you assume after looking at the job all coaches did he would decide one who did a bad job? You may be right, but I have no evidence to believe you will be. I see more evidence to suggest you will be wrong.
There’s no “evidence” either way. I am speculating as all posters do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back