Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry, but Rogers is a D bag. Also, this is a “what have you done for me lately” league and Rogers just spent the season as an off field team distraction, a press conference diva and led the Packers to a one and done in the playoffs. Tanny had more playoff TDs than him for Christ’s sake.

Dude, just stop. Rodgers is legit one of the 5 best QBs to ever play this game and he's still playing at an elite level.

You may not like the guy as a person and may not want him on the team for that reason. That is fine. It's a legitimate reason to not want him. I never want Odell on this team for similar reasons. But acting like he's the reason they lost or that he somehow isn't better than Tanne is beyond ridiculous.

The 49ers have an amazing defense and they were playing in a snowstorm in single degree weather. There was no way he was going to throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs in those conditions. This was an old school, grind it out type of game where the team that made the fewest mistakes would win.

I’m sorry, but Rogers is a D bag. Also, this is a “what have you done for me lately” league and Rogers just spent the season as an off field team distraction, a press conference diva and led the Packers to a one and done in the playoffs. Tanny had more playoff TDs than him for Christ’s sake.
The media made it a distraction because he didn't want to be vaxxed. His body his choice nuff said.

“what have you done for me lately”...
You're right...
Tannehill threw more TDs than Rodgers? Lol...he also threw more ints in our one and done playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, just stop. Rodgers is legit one of the 5 best QBs to ever play this game and he's still playing at an elite level.

You may not like the guy as a person and may not want him on the team for that reason. That is fine. It's a legitimate reason to not want him. I never want Odell on this team for similar reasons. But acting like he's the reason they lost or that he somehow isn't better than Tanne is beyond ridiculous.

The 49ers have an amazing defense and they were playing in a snowstorm in single degree weather. There was no way he was going to throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs in those conditions. This was an old school, grind it out type of game where the team that made the fewest mistakes would win.

He also forgot to mention that Tanny had more INT's than him in the playoffs, for Christs sake.

We'd literally still be playing if we had Rodgers right now. I don't engage in talks about getting Rodgers or Wilson, because I know 100% that we're not getting either one next season.

Would be nice though, but we are rolling with that bum who wears #17.

Another reason a potential Rodgers/Tanne trade is unlikely is that the Packers are actually in worse shape than we are in cap space. Currently 40 million over the cap. Even trading Rodgers only gets them 20 million in relief. They probably don't want an expensive QB in return since they spent a 1st rounder on Love a couple years ago, so we might likley have to pawn Tanne off on someone else before pulling the trigger for Rodgers. Just too many moving parts.

Another reason a potential Rodgers/Tanne trade is unlikely is that the Packers are actually in worse shape than we are in cap space. Currently 40 million over the cap. Even trading Rodgers only gets them 20 million in relief. They probably don't want an expensive QB in return since they spent a 1st rounder on Love a couple years ago, so we might likley have to pawn Tanne off on someone else before pulling the trigger for Rodgers. Just too many moving parts.

Its not a Tannehill for Rodgers trade. Rodgers can opt out and become a FA. Would need to trade Tannehill to another team

I have spent about 10 minutes googling it and there is nothing on an opt out clause after the 2021 season. But there is this from NBC sports:

Where will Aaron Rodgers play in 2022? Here are some potential options

Maybe I misunderstood the post and it was talking about the 2023 voided year.

But Packers saving $20 million sure does help incentive them moving him. I don’t think it has to be a Tannehill for Rodgers trade. Packers have their QB of the future for now.

Most feasible thing to do would be to restructure a handful of guys (Henry, Lewan, Saffold, Cunningham for example). Make a few cuts to clear up cap space for Rodgers. Trade for him and restructure his deal. Then trade Tannehill after June 1.

But there’s a microscopic chance any of this happens. Just going to throw a random arbitrary number on it… say like .2%…

Most feasible thing to do would be to restructure a handful of guys (Henry, Lewan, Saffold, Cunningham for example). Make a few cuts to clear up cap space for Rodgers. Trade for him and restructure his deal. Then trade Tannehill after June 1.

But there’s a microscopic chance any of this happens. Just going to throw a random arbitrary number on it… say like .2%…
I think JRob and Vrable have too much confidence in Tanne to move on from him regardless of how the last 2 seasons ended. Rodgers would be a popular move but I think you're right. It would take a huge amount of cap work to get it to a place where they could get Rodgers and still feel comfortable with what they have, and the chances of that are like you said very small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back