Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Gase is looking like the prime target in my opinion. That article i posted had me thinking McDaniels there for a minute but i think you guys shot it down pretty accurately.

Thing is.. Would Gase consider coming here? Everything I've read has him with strong ties to Detroit

Belichick is great with his players. It's only the press he doesn't like. NFL films (I think) did a show on him, I suggest you watch it. He's very different from the person you see at press conferences.

The players absolutely need to respect the coach and vice versa, but I guess it depends on what you consider people skills. Are we talking about the aspect of the connecting with players, or just getting players to buy into what you want?

The old adage "winning solves everything" applies here. Belicheck makes some roster moves and decisions that would be questioned heavily if they didn't win every year.

So Gase is looking like the prime target in my opinion. That article i posted had me thinking McDaniels there for a minute but i think you guys shot it down pretty accurately.

Thing is.. Would Gase consider coming here? Everything I've read has him with strong ties to Detroit

I think McDaniels could absoutely thrive here, if we hire the right people above him. McDaniel was handed so much and was at the time the 2nd youngest coach ever. Needs a stronger supporting cast than what he had in Denver.

His offense would be perfect for Mariota though. I would really like to see that.

Cutler has had one of the best seasons of his career, Forte has missed some time this year, they have no WR's besides Jeffery (who has also missed time), and their QB right now is Jimmy Clausen. I think what he has done is pretty impressive in Chicago, all things considered.
Eh, Cutler has 3,000 yards and 16TDs. Our rookie who has missed 2 games has 2,800 and 19. Consider me unimpressed. There is absolutely nothing about that Chicago offense that makes me think Gase is the answer to our prayers.

Peyton had amazing season with Gase as his OC, Peyton makes a lot of OC's look better, but the Broncos offense and Peyton all of a sudden looks this bad? I don't think that coincidence.
It is no secret that Peyton was injured this year. Not to mention he'll be 40 in a couple months. Personally I'd put Gase pretty low on the list of why Peyton fell off the map this year.

Eh, Cutler has 3,000 yards and 16TDs. Our rookie who has missed 2 games has 2,800 and 19. Consider me unimpressed. There is absolutely nothing about that Chicago offense that makes me think Gase is the answer to our prayers.

It is no secret that Peyton was injured this year. Not to mention he'll be 40 in a couple months. Personally I'd put Gase pretty low on the list of why Peyton fell off the map this year.

Disagree with the second part. If Peyton personally endorses the guy, and even raves about him, then dudes legit. Peyton said he had a great knack for simplifying a gameplan, pinpointing a teams weakness, his attention to detail, so on and so forth....
Just follow everywhere he's been, coaches and players all support him. That really says a lot.

Cutler has been injured a lot this year. That's why his numbers are down. Lot less turnovers than he normally has though.

It goes deeper than Peyton. What about their whole offense? WR's have been falling off. Run game is not very good either. Can't put that all on Peyton. To not give Gase any credit doesn't seem fair.

Peyton has struggled for 2 reasons.

1. the moron in Denver trying make him a different style QB instead of playing the game the way he always has.

2. His arm is SHOT!!! He throws lame ducks almost every pass.

Now P Manning be a great OC!

His arm was shot with Gase as well. Your arm strength just doesn't disappear overnight. It's a gradual decrease unless you have an arm injury.

Gase played to that teams strength's and that whole offense looked really good because of it.

The Cutler stuff in Denver was weird. John Elway wanted to be besties with Cutler, and that isn't Cutler's style.
Disagree with the second part. If Peyton personally endorses the guy, and even raves about him, then dudes legit. Peyton said he had a great knack for simplifying a gameplan, pinpointing a teams weakness, his attention to detail, so on and so forth....
Just follow everywhere he's been, coaches and players all support him. That really says a lot.

Peyton endorsed Jim Caldwell.

The players absolutely need to respect the coach and vice versa, but I guess it depends on what you consider people skills. Are we talking about the aspect of the connecting with players, or just getting players to buy into what you want?

The old adage "winning solves everything" applies here. Belicheck makes some roster moves and decisions that would be questioned heavily if they didn't win every year.
You can have good people skills and still enforce a tough ruleset which is what BB does. He will treat you as an adult, but also expect you to act like one. That's why he has a zero tolerance policy on tardiness. But what he doesn't do is throw temper tantrums (Josh McDaniels) or play favorites (Whisenhunt?).

Any real reason why you are begging us to take him off your hands?

lol I think he deserves another shot, Brady will thrive with whoever is OC over here.

Besides that I like the Titans, especially Mariota he seems just to have something about him the couple times I got to see your games. (I think McDaniels would help him as well)

Can we please stop "picking" HC candidates solely based on their skills as a coordinator? There's so much more to being a HC. Josh McDaniels was and always will be a terrible HC because he doesn't have good people skills. As an OC you can get by without, as a HC that's a death sentence.

To think McDaniels hasn't matured and grown during his 5 years under Belichick is unfair. The definition of "people skills" is also very loose. There are many different personalities successful head coaches have had.

McDaniels will not leave NE for a different OC job. He be insane to leave such an easy job having Brady as his QB.

I think he be a good HC for the Titans and help Mariota to improve. People forget a lot of HC fail their first time out, even BB failed in Cleveland his first time.

McDaniels is one of the guys I want. He had a shaky time out his first time around as a HC but I think being in New England did him wonders. He would be the HC for Mariota like how Whiz was supposed to be by the national pundits. He knows how to get the ball to his best players and is an offensive genius. I really think he has the highest ceiling among all the candidates mentioned here. His bust rate may be slightly higher but I would hate for the Titans to go "safe" again.

Who else could we possibly go after? We've heard all the familiar names..... Gase, McDaniels, darrel bevell, hue Jackson...... I mean there has to be dozens of potentials out there right

At this point if we don't end up with either Hue Jackson or Adam Gase I'm going to be very disappointed. As far as McDaniels goes, once an asshole, always an asshole. His philosophy as HC may have changed, but I guarantee you his attitude hasn't. No thanks, Whisenhunt 2.0.

Hue is a known quantity in the league. And as posted in the other "exact same" thread he was a huge factor in Cincy's 2005 run and probably the reason we know the names Chad Johnson, Houshmandzadeh and Chris Henry. Once he left, they all turned back into pedestrian WRs..
So his success has happened multiple times.

To be fair I think Chris Henry's performance dropped off for a different reason.....
He Died

You can have good people skills and still enforce a tough ruleset which is what BB does. He will treat you as an adult, but also expect you to act like one. That's why he has a zero tolerance policy on tardiness. But what he doesn't do is throw temper tantrums (Josh McDaniels) or play favorites (Whisenhunt?).

McDaniels disciplined Brandon Marshall for breaking a team rule and everyone criticizes him. BB does it and it's good coaching. Again, winning fixes everything. I agree with you to a point, but if JM keeps on that 6-0 path he started on he is probably still the coach. Thu started losing and it all came back to him. Same would've happened to BB if the Pats started losing.

Maybe McDaniel didn't learn anything from his first stint as HC, but most people learn from failures in some capacity at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back