Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I think he deserves another shot, Brady will thrive with whoever is OC over here.

Besides that I like the Titans, especially Mariota he seems just to have something about him the couple times I got to see your games. (I think McDaniels would help him as well)

I agree. I think he needs another shot and I think Mariota might be the right fit for his offense. As long as he doesn't get any of them head scratching big ideas and try to move Marcus. I'm thinking he would do just fine here. I think he has a lil swagger about him which I kind of like and thus team could use some of that.

He also gets me a lil more excited than Gase. I totally agree with what I believe is what Sawdust said. I don't understand the infatuation.

Who else could we possibly go after? We've heard all the familiar names..... Gase, McDaniels, darrel bevell, hue Jackson...... I mean there has to be dozens of potentials out there right

Mike smith former falcons coach.
Jim mora ucla coach former nfl hc.
Sean McDermott panthers dc.
David shaw Stanford hc.

I imagine those 4 would at least be mentioned by the front office.

My understanding was Kubiak tried his way on Peyton and it wasn't working so they then gave in and did it Peytons way....

Yeah but it was only for a game or 2 I believe and then he got hurt. Peyton is a great player and has made WR, OC, and HC's look better than they are, but I think Gase deserves some credit. That offense was really good and one year later they are this bad? Can't be all Manning on that one

David shaw Stanford hc.

Smith is a big HELL NO, he held atl back for years and should have been fired long ago. He should not be considered at all.

David shaw Stanford hc.

I'm not sure why people are interested in David Shaw, he's been above average in college, nothing more, what's to love? idk what he did before Stanford fyi

Can't say i know a whole lot about those other guys. Thanks for dropping some candidates for us though, I'll look into them tomorrow when i have some time

To clarify I just posted people I predict we consider, at at least a superficial level. I wouldn't want smith either. I would be interested in McDermott, just who do we sign as oc would be more important.

I also don't think quinn is a good coach, just to clarify. People hype up coordinators when they have elite talent, i don't. Not knocking you alex, just think that smith is a joke as a coach, along with dan quinn. But the other guys you mentioned idk know enough to judge. My brother is a falcons fan and i watch most of their games, they are my favorite nfc team. Smith is just no good, imo.

So Gase is the guy everyone is slobbering on now? No one is even mentioning the Bears getting a whole new head coach and getting rid of clueless Marc trestman?

And he coached Peyton manning... Really? Should we hire Jim Caldwell too?

So Gase is the guy everyone is slobbering on now? No one is even mentioning the Bears getting a whole new head coach and getting rid of clueless Marc trestman?

We tried to before Tommy fell over himself to hire Whiz.

I guess I look at Gase similarly to the way I look at Mike McCoy (chargers head coach). Who was Mannings coordinator in Denver before Gase. McCoy was touted as an genius when leaving Denver for San Duego. And I think in many respects he has been disappointing. Which taints me on Gase. Manning blew up McCoys value. He blew up Gase's.

To think McDaniels hasn't matured and grown during his 5 years under Belichick is unfair. The definition of "people skills" is also very loose. There are many different personalities successful head coaches have had.
So his 5 years under BB has matured him in a way that his previous 7 years under BB didn't? It's possible, but I'm not buying it. People don't change that much after they hit 30, imo.

So his 5 years under BB has matured him in a way that his previous 7 years under BB didn't? It's possible, but I'm not buying it. People don't change that much after they hit 30, imo.

I think it's possible, but I'm also extremely leery about him due to reasons you've previously listed.

We tried to before Tommy fell over himself to hire Whiz.

I'm tired of hearing everybody reference that Tommy was entirely responsible for the Whiz hire. It's like when employees blame everything that currently goes wrong on the employee that fired a few weeks ago.

We don't any way other than hearsay and "spin" comments to know for sure what happened.

I wouldn't be disappointed with Mike Smith. My goodness, we were hyping Whisenhunt not too long ago. Smith knows how to coach a defense. He showed us that in Jacksonville. Atlanta had become whipping boys (sound familiar?) before Smith took over and had five straight winning seasons, with a young QB. I realize that his offenses and defenses often enough had pedestrian rankings, but the guy knows how to coach a game and win it. The biggest part of being a head coach is getting your players to buy in. He can do that. He's done that. I'm not sure how much better off we would be with Smith over some of the other candidates, but to not even consider him? Because of two bad years in Atlanta?

I'm sorry a what? Jay Cutler is many things, a HOF QB is not one of them
Would you call what's going on in Chicago right now exceptional success though?

I don't get it. People are acting like Gase is doing something special in Chicago but they're 5-8, 21st in ppg, 20th in passing, 15th in rushing. Yeah yeah, injuries. All teams have to deal with that. Really seems like people are crowning Gase as the next great thing because of two years when he had arguably the greatest QB to ever play the game running "his" offense.

I guess I look at Gase similarly to the way I look at Mike McCoy (chargers head coach). Who was Mannings coordinator in Denver before Gase. McCoy was touted as an genius when leaving Denver for San Duego. And I think in many respects he has been disappointing. Which taints me on Gase. Manning blew up McCoys value. He blew up Gase's.

Actually mike McCoy was the coordinator for Tim Tebow when they won the playoff game against the Steelers. He never coached Manning.

Let's get one thing straight here, Manning is his own Coordinator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back