Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad Chig is a Titan. He looks the part and Downing is a moron for not finding more ways to get him the ball.

But that aside, almost no one is saying he’s the best rookie TE of all time. There is no “many people” saying that.

25 catches for 374 yards and 2 TD just isn’t enough to be best anything.
I’ll argue, like many players in two tone blue, people outside Nashville fans, don’t know who he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's insane.

Mike Ditka had 56 catches for 1076 yards and 12 TD's in 1961 - in fewer games in an era where there wasn't a ton of passing.

Pitts broke 1k last year. Shockey and Keith Jackson had monster rookie years.

Glad Chig is a Titan. He looks the part and Downing is a moron for not finding more ways to get him the ball.

But that aside, almost no one is saying he’s the best rookie TE of all time. There is no “many people” saying that.

25 catches for 374 yards and 2 TD just isn’t enough to be best anything.
I’ll argue, like many players in two tone blue, people outside Nashville fans, don’t know who he is.
according to the chart 85 has ran 142 routes ALL SEASON

IF he was even worth mentioning on an all time best rookie TE list then vrable/downing would be guilty, yet again, of coaching malfeasance. Fact is a good chunk of those 374 yards came on 2 plays where 85 broke a tackle and got to the next level ... & good for him I aint gonna say take that away from him.

the one from mw7 was like half the passing yards Titans had vs chiefs & it was essentially a screen that went for 40 or so

according to the chart 85 has ran 142 routes ALL SEASON

IF he was even worth mentioning on an all time best rookie TE list then Vrabel/downing would be guilty, yet again, of coaching malfeasance. Fact is a good chunk of those 374 yards came on 2 plays where 85 broke a tackle and got to the next level ... & good for him I aint gonna say take that away from him.

the one from mw7 was like half the passing yards Titans had vs chiefs & it was essentially a screen that went for 40 or so
He made through the first 10 weeks with like 8 catches.
The last 4-5 games, it seems an attempt to get him the ball.
Maybe he improved, but im much more likely to believe underutilized.

He made through the first 10 weeks with like 8 catches.
The last 4-5 games, it seems an attempt to get him the ball.
Maybe he improved, but im much more likely to believe underutilized.
With the WR core we have, he certaintly should be featured in the passing game. Use him like when Delanie Walker was the best pass catching threat on the team.

You all still think this stuff isn’t controlled yet for entertaining purposes?

Anyone a mile away can see the Titans imploding here down the stretch. NFL clearly is having the Jags make a run.

so now think about it

NFL needs and wants week-18 to matter. So teams like the Jags and Jets will have playoff implications to play for.

which means Titans are going to choke to Houston which the writing is on the wall for an upset Tanny is hobbled and Houston already did this to them before…

but if somehow Willis wins with his usual 4-5 completions - then there’s no way the NFL let’s Tennessee beats Dallas. Why? Well then how would Jags catch up and make week-18 must see tv where the winner sneaks into the playoffs and the loser is out entirely. Need the drama.

Or do you guys really still think that raider pats game wasn’t rigged lol. Open your minds!

He was out of bounds! No clear camera angle in the year 2022 pleasssse - that had to set up the abomination of a patriot just happening to throw it the other team in dramatic fashion. And not just any scrub or joe blow on the other side - but A FORMER PATRIOT.

don’t get me started on the colts - Vikings debacle.
Cmon ppl.

those who believe in rainbows and butterflies and actually think the Titans can still win out - better brace for a loss this Saturday or very least vs Dallas and or Jax - the collapse is coming - it’s not hard to see what’s going to happen - just gotta look ahead and the scheduling and storylines.

The suggestions for rigging because the “NFL wants a week 18 game to matter” is just nonsense.

Why would the NFL care about 2 small market teams playing for a week 18 game when they’ve “allowed” so many other bigger market teams to wrap up their divisions or playoff spots, to the point they can play their backups week 18?

At this point, Phill, Dallas, Minnesota, SF could take week 18 off. Pending the next couple AFC games, that could expand to CIN, KC, Buf.

The suggestions for rigging because the “NFL wants a week 18 game to matter” is just nonsense.

Why would the NFL care about 2 small market teams playing for a week 18 game when they’ve “allowed” so many other bigger market teams to wrap up their divisions or playoff spots, to the point they can play their backups week 18?

At this point, Phill, Dallas, Minnesota, SF could take week 18 off. Pending the next couple AFC games, that could expand to CIN, KC, Buf.

Well the NFL has to give small market teams something. The Titans and Jags (many small market teams) arnt going to the SB anytime soon so why not give their fan bases something to sweat over that would still make headlines regardless - win or go home for week-18 would be more ideal then … well Titans have it all wrapped up so they’ll bench everyone vs Jags in a meaningless game. The former seems much more likely. Same goes for the Jets scenario at the end of season.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
But according to the Caliente (Mexican Sports Bar) the Titans clinch the division with a Jags loss this Thursday night. Same thing they said last week for the Jags vs cowboys game.

On this Board some Members are saying that we need a win and the Jags to lose , 1 more game at least.

Ja
Correct me if I'm wrong.
But according to the Caliente (Mexican Sports Bar) the Titans clinch the division with a Jags loss this Thursday night. Same thing they said last week for the Jags vs cowboys game.

On this Board some Members are saying that we need a win and the Jags to lose , 1 more game at least.
Jags are 6-8. If they lose to the jets but win their last two they will be 8-9. Titans are 7-7. If they lose all 3 they will finish 7-10. So no, a Jags loss does not clinch.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

jags L doesn’t clinch division.
Jags L with a Titans W still doesn’t clinch it.
(Jags 6-9/titans 8-7 in that scenario)

if the Jags lose to both houston and NYJ, and the titans win one between Houston/Dallas, the division will be wrapped up before week 18.

Well the NFL has to give small market teams something. The Titans and Jags (many small market teams) arnt going to the SB anytime soon so why not give their fan bases something to sweat over that would still make headlines regardless - win or go home for week-18 would be more ideal then … well Titans have it all wrapped up so they’ll bench everyone vs Jags in a meaningless game. The former seems much more likely. Same goes for the Jets scenario at the end of season.
You see how ridiculous and far fetched everything you’re saying is right?

why would only the last couple weeks of the season be scripted if the league has the ability to script?

You all still think this stuff isn’t controlled yet for entertaining purposes?

Anyone a mile away can see the Titans imploding here down the stretch. NFL clearly is having the Jags make a run.

so now think about it

NFL needs and wants week-18 to matter. So teams like the Jags and Jets will have playoff implications to play for.

which means Titans are going to choke to Houston which the writing is on the wall for an upset Tanny is hobbled and Houston already did this to them before…

but if somehow Willis wins with his usual 4-5 completions - then there’s no way the NFL let’s Tennessee beats Dallas. Why? Well then how would Jags catch up and make week-18 must see tv where the winner sneaks into the playoffs and the loser is out entirely. Need the drama.

Or do you guys really still think that raider pats game wasn’t rigged lol. Open your minds!

He was out of bounds! No clear camera angle in the year 2022 pleasssse - that had to set up the abomination of a patriot just happening to throw it the other team in dramatic fashion. And not just any scrub or joe blow on the other side - but A FORMER PATRIOT.

don’t get me started on the colts - Vikings debacle.
Cmon ppl.

those who believe in rainbows and butterflies and actually think the Titans can still win out - better brace for a loss this Saturday or very least vs Dallas and or Jax - the collapse is coming - it’s not hard to see what’s going to happen - just gotta look ahead and the scheduling and storylines.
conspiracy-conspiracy-time.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back