Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
But again this highlights a big issue again. If we can't run, our QB has to make plays to help this offense get going, if he does then the defense can't and won't load up the front to concentrate on stopping the run. Two playoffs in a row now, stop Henry and that's it, done. Tannehill got the big bucks but ineffective in playoffs
Agreed. Tanny’s success is directly tied to Henry’s production. But the Ravens DL kept pressure on him most of the game. Lots of short passes cause the Titans OL didn’t give him time.

Davis and Jonnu were non factors.

There's literally no argument.

Our offense only scored 13 points.

Defense held up and only allowed 20 points. Too bad our offense could only score 13 points.

I don’t care if Smith or terVrable is to blame, the offensive coaching outside the 1st Q was abysmal.

Henry had 18 carries with a 2.2 ypc, against just 26 pass attempts, though the real crime was always running on 1st down. We also only had 2 runs by other RBs.
Way to easy for a defense to predict whats coming and just inexcusable to not adjust.
But I guess our defensive philosophy of “if it doesn’t work, keep trying” is applied to our offense as well...

The organization of the Titans failed today much like all season. Vrable is a retard. You don't punt the ball in that scenario any head coach tells you that. The punt was 21 yards, 21 yards of field position or go for 1st down easy decisions unless your a dumbass. Please someone take Authur Smith. He was too stupid to know their defensive line destroyed or O-line and he never adjusted. He continued to run and basically threw away 1st down every drive. We have 0 defense, 1 receiver, and they don't trust Tannehill for some unknown reason to throw a lot. Please cut the following people: everyone on defense except Simmons and Long. Give Corey his final paycheck and tell him to not ever come back to the NFL. Cut the whole offensive line. Cut Vrable and JRob. There is very little talent on this team for the money spent

I think majority of us knew we needed to play a perfect 4 games to win the Superbowl. We were hurting on both sides of the ball. Our off-season killed us. Zero production from the new additions. Joseph and Vic not even on the team, 1st rd bust, and JD hurt. I want a Superbowl so bad, I'm willing to quit my job and watch film or scout to help this team win. We have a 3 year window to win it all, we can't give up, we need a defensive coordinator and sell out on getting top players even if it means we win 1 superbowl and suck for the next 10 years afterwards.

It’s hard to beat a team whose never won a playoff game 3 times in a row without really playing with intensity. We lack TRUE intensity and have so for 2 seasons straight. We don’t play teams that are supposedly our rivals the way a team that wants to go to the Super Bowl should.

Vrabel coached this game like Jeff Fisher would have. Get a 10-0 lead in the first quarter and start milking the clock. And the punt on 4th and 2, just pathetic.

Hats off to the Ravens. They clearly watched the tape of the Packers game very closely and executed that gameplan to perfection. This team is way too run heavy on first down and if a defense can consistently stop Henry on first down, this offense falls apart. Tannenhill again shows that it is really Henry that drives this offense, not him.

Unfortunately, running way too much on first down has been a staple of the Titans offense since Vrabel took over. Even with LaFluer, this team led the NFL in rushing attempts on first down. So blaming this all on Arthur Smith does little as a new OC wouldnt change a thing.

One final thought. This was a team that finished the season 6-6 in their final 12 games after that 5-0 start even with a damn good offense. The Titans are not even close to a true contender in the NFL. Vrabel and Robinson have a lot of work to do this offseason because the wheels of this team can fall apart rather quickly.
Yep, loved vrabel since he's been here but today was a disaster. Also art just pounding Henry into a wall was fucken unreal too

The organization of the Titans failed today much like all season. Vrable is a retard. You don't punt the ball in that scenario any head coach tells you that. The punt was 21 yards, 21 yards of field position or go for 1st down easy decisions unless your a *******. Please someone take Authur Smith. He was too stupid to know their defensive line destroyed or O-line and he never adjusted. He continued to run and basically threw away 1st down every drive. We have 0 defense, 1 receiver, and they don't trust Tannehill for some unknown reason to throw a lot. Please cut the following people: everyone on defense except Simmons and Long. Give Corey his final paycheck and tell him to not ever come back to the NFL. Cut the whole offensive line. Cut Vrable and JRob. There is very little talent on this team for the money spent

Wow.. you need a Xanax and a drink

Hopefully this entire season Coach Vrable learned something and can manage next season better. Don't get me wrong I'm pissed about this loss BUT the sky isn't falling.

If you watched him go to the locker room, he was limping. I'm assuming he was hurt.
CD had his best year finally. But I’m kind of torn on bringing him back. If he’ll come back cheap, then I say keep him. But he’s always been hurt. AJ has had a nagging injury all year and was still able ball out and be counted on.

In the playoffs, last minute drive to keep your season alive and CD is on the sidelines. Seems soft to to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back