Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vigsted said:
So I am to understand that you think it's right to blame someone based solely on prior events and not the event in question?? :hmm:
Whether or not it is right isn't the issue. It's reality.

We are not talking about legal issues but the perception of fans who pay to see him perform.

Riverman said:
Huyghue is FOS. I agree with a former poster that the only reason Pac isn't here is so he can have a clean urine test.
The NFL can test him whenever they want. He doesn't have to be at the facility.

Starkiller said:
The NFL can test him whenever they want. He doesn't have to be at the facility.

Is that right? I thought I read in the policy that players had to agree in their contract to random testing during periods outside of organized team activities. It also says that a they have to submit to testing pre-draft, pre-season and randomly (or at the request of the team medical director) during the season.

http://www.nflpa.org/PDFs/Shared/Drug_Policy_2005.pdf

I don't know what Pac agreed to, but this whole "negative media" spin is preposterous. His abscence only exacerbates the negativity the media will portray. He needs to get to the OTA.

As an NFL player, he has to submit to random tests. Plus Pacman is apparently already in the NFL drug program just because he was in the vicinity of a drug bust ("Lewis had the weed").

Starkiller said:
As an NFL player, he has to submit to random tests. Plus Pacman is apparently already in the NFL drug program just because he was in the vicinity of a drug bust ("Lewis had the weed").

Are you certain of this? I mean, off-season as well?

In addition to the above reference, Collinsworth also said in '03 that the recreational tests aren't random but "at a specified date and time". I believe he also pointed out that the performance enhancing tests are done randomly.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/6744864

Random recreational drug testing occurs at the discretion of the Medical Director. In Pac's case they talked about possibly doing this due to his associations with persons seen using marijuana but I didn't think they went ahead with this.

I still believe he's not in the OTA because a recreational drug test had been scheduled for the first day and he hasn't cleared yet. (We discussed this last year- takes up to 30 days to clear MJ)

Riverman said:
I still believe he's not in the OTA because a recreational drug test had been scheduled for the first day and he hasn't cleared yet. (We discussed this last year- takes up to 30 days to clear MJ)
That depends on your individual metabolism and how often you use it.

Riverman said:
If he misses a scheduled drug test, it's an automatic failure anyway.

if the Eagles can do what they did to TO why can't the Titans do the same thing to Jones? I don't know how TO's contract was setup money wise. Did they take a big hit on his contract, etc..just curious

Starkiller said:
If he misses a scheduled drug test, it's an automatic failure anyway.

I think it is considered a failure if he refuses a test, I don't know about not showing up for the OTA where drug tests were planned at your arrival. I think the "voluntary" nature of the OTA makes this grey.

I know you realize all this is speculative anyway, I have no idea who, if anybody, may have been scheduled for a drug test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back