Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players do this all the time in an effort to win championships.

it’s hypothetical, but I think I’d be happy with say $16 mil and staying put or taking $25 mil (not known before hand) and relocating.

but that’s not really fair to say, I don’t have either option by a long shot.
My point is the idea of “wanting to stay” is bogus. Everybody would follow the money especially on the first big contract. Vets that take reduced pay to stay almost universally have had a big payday. They are interested in completing their professional goals to win a championship.

Right. Like you’d leave money the table.
there is leaving money on the table and staying in a system that is good for you.

I think both DH22 & B11 made correct business decisions in that respect.

Not many franchises gonna feed DH22 the way Titans will and B11 never gonna get the targets here that he would get in a system not designed using animal fats and natural pigments spread on cave walls

Comparing Henry's contract situation to Browns is apples to oranges. The market for running backs on their second contract is at an all time low while receivers are at an all time high. We prioritized the wrong position and are already paying for it.

Comparing Henry's contract situation to Browns is apples to oranges. The market for running backs on their second contract is at an all time low while receivers are at an all time high. We prioritized the wrong position and are already paying for it.
Henry could’ve tried playing the field his first big payday in 20’. He chose to stay for probably less than he could’ve got. Clearly speculation because he didn’t test the waters.
It’s not apples to oranges unless you’re considering all positions as a separate fruit.

Fact: AJB is not a Titan
Therefore, I don’t care about AJB or his contract. I care about what we got in return, his replacement and a OLineman

Clearly his ridiculous demand was just a way out of Tennessee.

I mean.. part of me doesn't blame him -- his receiver type excels best with gunslingers, guys who can deliver the ball when the defense KNOWS you're gonna throw.... not QB's praying for a great RB in order to get play action sneak-outs.

Mariota and Tannehill were both the latter.

Jesus Christmas. I posted in 15 different threads to bump this off the first page and bury it. Now it’s back like a bad stank.
MOVE ON PEOPLE!

Jesus Christmas. I posted in 15 different threads to bump this off the first page and bury it. Now it’s back like a bad stank.
MOVE ON PEOPLE!
We are a spiteful bunch.

I mean, certain names continue to pop up. Not for all the good they did, but the benchmarks of bad.

VY was drafted in 06’. You think in 06’ we were talking about what a bad pick Jeff Alm was? 16 years difference in both directions.

We have so many bad picks, guys like Sen’Derrick marks just fall off the map.

We are a spiteful bunch.

I mean, certain names continue to pop up. Not for all the good they did, but the benchmarks of bad.

VY was drafted in 06’. You think in 06’ we were talking about what a bad pick Jeff Alm was? 16 years difference in both directions.

We have so many bad picks, guys like Sen’Derrick marks just fall off the map.
Until we win a Superbowl all we have is the bad stuff/bad players. I need something shiny to look at and I'll forget.

LOLZ. AJ living rent free in peoples heads around here.

Not to mention that worrying about which WRs are on the team is pointless here until the entire offensive philosophy changes. We used to think the it was because we were missing that true #1 and #2 WR. I now believe it wouldn't matter if you put peak Antonio Brown and Calvin Johnson in this philosophy (at the same time) They still would produce only slightly above average numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
5 Receptions
85 Yards
1 TD

Season:
20 Receptions
309 Yards
1 TD
5 Receptions
95 Yards
0 TD

Season:
25 Receptions
404 Yards
1 TD

AJ Brown through four games:

404 yards (3rd)
18 1st downs (5th)
2.89 yards/route run (3rd)

217 yards on in routes, slants and crossers - most in the NFL.

All #Titans    WRs, thru 4 weeks:
• 36 catches, 455 yards & 1 TD

AJ Brown, thru 4 weeks:
• 25 catches, 404 yards & 1 TD

My problem was, unless he was gonna sit out, it was unnecessary to trade him now. Could have tagged him next off-season and then traded him. Maybe it would have given you enough time to decide if Tanne was your guy past 2022 or if we wanted to trade up in the 2023 draft and get the guy we want long term. 2023 looks like a stacked class at QB, so it would have been nice to have as much draft capital as possible to move up if we need too.

I don't know why J-Rob refuses to tag and trade when almost every other team in the league does it.

My problem was, unless he was gonna sit out, it was unnecessary to trade him now. Could have tagged him next off-season and then traded him. Maybe it would have given you enough time to decide if Tanne was your guy past 2022 or if we wanted to trade up in the 2023 draft and get the guy we want long term. 2023 looks like a stacked class at QB, so it would have been nice to have as much draft capital as possible to move up if we need too.

I don't know why J-Rob refuses to tag and trade when almost every other team in the league does it.
Because he is just an average GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back