Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem was, unless he was gonna sit out, it was unnecessary to trade him now. Could have tagged him next off-season and then traded him. Maybe it would have given you enough time to decide if Tanne was your guy past 2022 or if we wanted to trade up in the 2023 draft and get the guy we want long term. 2023 looks like a stacked class at QB, so it would have been nice to have as much draft capital as possible to move up if we need too.

I don't know why J-Rob refuses to tag and trade when almost every other team in the league does it.
Genuinely curious..who are some recent players who were tagged and traded?

My problem was, unless he was gonna sit out, it was unnecessary to trade him now. Could have tagged him next off-season and then traded him. Maybe it would have given you enough time to decide if Tanne was your guy past 2022 or if we wanted to trade up in the 2023 draft and get the guy we want long term. 2023 looks like a stacked class at QB, so it would have been nice to have as much draft capital as possible to move up if we need too.

I don't know why J-Rob refuses to tag and trade when almost every other team in the league does it.
Because the team doesn't want players who don't want to be here.

Look since Vrabel has been coach, if a player says they want to be traded, they get traded. Simple as that.

Because the team doesn't want players who don't want to be here.

Look since Vrabel has been coach, if a player says they want to be traded, they get traded. Simple as that.

Let's be fair. AJB didn't want to be here UNDERPAID per market. JRob didn't want to match market. It's that simple.

Let's be fair. AJB didn't want to be here UNDERPAID per market. JRob didn't want to match market. It's that simple.
It was more than that. He said it was no fun playing under Vrabel. He wanted out regardless. He’s a mental case. That was obvious through his own tweets. Players don’t want to be underpaid on their rookie deals, but the busts don’t give teams a refund. Everything always has to be to the players’ benefit.

billionaire owners are lining their pockets even more while these guys put their long term health and well being on the line. Stop.
The owners had the money to buy or start a team...the players for the most part are getting paid quite well and know the risks to play the game...if salaries continue the way they are going soon the star players will be billionaires too lol

The owners had the money to buy or start a team...the players for the most part are getting paid quite well and know the risks to play the game...if salaries continue the way they are going soon the star players will be billionaires too lol
If you think the players are getting the better side of the deal idk what to tell you my guy.

If you think the players are getting the better side of the deal idk what to tell you my guy.
Depends who you're comparing there salaries to...the owners? Us? Law enforcement?

Like @KyTitansFan said, it's all good when they want paid but do they renegotiate or give money back when they suck?
No one forced them to pursue football as a career

AJ Brown, thru 4 weeks:
• 25 catches, 404 yards & 1 TD

Last year AJ Brown through 4 weeks:
93 yards

Let’s not kid ourselves that AJ would be putting up those kinds of numbers in Tennessee with our run first offense. I don’t care if he has 5,000 yards in Philly. If he’s not the focus of our offense, there’s no reason to pay him $25 mil a year. Our offense looked better last week in the first half than it did at any point last year with AJ. We have plenty of weapons, just need some consistency.

Last year AJ Brown through 4 weeks:
93 yards

Let’s not kid ourselves that AJ would be putting up those kinds of numbers in Tennessee with our run first offense. I don’t care if he has 5,000 yards in Philly. If he’s not the focus of our offense, there’s no reason to pay him $25 mil a year. Our offense looked better last week in the first half than it did at any point last year with AJ. We have plenty of weapons, just need some consistency.
I'm not arguing for or against trading AJ. I'm simply postings stats, good, bad or otherwise

billionaire owners are lining their pockets even more while these guys put their long term health and well being on the line. Stop.
How about police officers and many other jobs that put their actual lives on the line every day and make less in a year than these guys do in one week? No one is forcing them to play. If they don’t want to risk their health, they can get a normal job like all of us and survive on a regular persons salary. You just made one of the most ignorant arguments I’ve ever read.

Excellent! Honestly think he made the correct decision. NFL just needs to raise the CAP significantly.
The cap is based on revenue. It doesn’t need to be raised. It’s the only thing preventing the NFL from turning into the MLB. The higher the cap, the more disadvantage it is for small market teams like the Titans.

Tired of the BS "run first" offense label...we take our RB out on 3rd down...do stupid sweeps to our rookie TE on 3rd and 1...25 million $ game manager at QB...just because we have one of the best RBs shouldn't make us a run first offense...is Indy a "run first" offense with Taylor? We need to be consistent on offense and until we know how to draft a WR or use FA WRs we will be predictable

The cap is based on revenue. It doesn’t need to be raised. It’s the only thing preventing the NFL from turning into the MLB. The higher the cap, the more disadvantage it is for small market teams like the Titans.
Thought the NFL was making more and more money year over. I wouldn't mind a no cap at all regardless of market size. Revenue sharing already takes place and these owners are billionaires. Got to pay to play, and it would be a great way to keep players that fans get used to cheering for, rather than losing em to a "cap" hit. That's just my opinion and I know many will disagree.

Tired of the BS "run first" offense label...we take our RB out on 3rd down...do stupid sweeps to our rookie TE on 3rd and 1...25 million $ game manager at QB...just because we have one of the best RBs shouldn't make us a run first offense...is Indy a "run first" offense with Taylor? We need to be consistent on offense and until we know how to draft a WR or use FA WRs we will be predictable
What we really need to do is draft a stud QB on a rookie contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back