Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread was started in APRIL. Your posting his stats with his new team is pretty silly, are you lobbying for a Do-over on the trade?

Let it go.

You mean an active thread? You’re acting like I bumped a dead thread that’s years old. I posted his stats because one of the main debates here is if he was really an elite receiver and worth the money or not.

You're in greed territory at that point
That’s subjective bias. You’re relatively greedy to someone less fortunate than you. The market determines value. It’s that simple. People decide what they want personally, but it isn’t fair to negatively label somebody who is simply taking what the market will legally provide.

You mean an active thread? You’re acting like I bumped a dead thread that’s years old. I posted his stats because one of the main debates here is if he was really an elite receiver and worth the money or not.
It should be a dead thread, that's my point. Good, Bad, or Other, AJ Brown is no longer a Titan and won't be a Titan anytime soon if ever.

He's gone, and he ain't coming back.

What do you hope to accomplish with this? Instead of dwelling on past situations that can't be changed, focus on the Titan's current problems and possible solutions. Lord knows there are enough of them o_O

An elite WR is worth a lot more to a team with a strong passing philosophy. That same WR is not worth as much to the Titans because we aren't going to use him as much (and will just expect him to block most of the time). Is AJB an elite receiver? Not on the Titans. On the Eagles? Maybe.

A good business decision by the GM, but a bad overall philosophy by the team IMHO. A good decision by Brown to go where he has a better chance to live up to potential, and get paid more.

That’s subjective bias. You’re relatively greedy to someone less fortunate than you. The market determines value. It’s that simple. People decide what they want personally, but it isn’t fair to negatively label somebody who is simply taking what the market will legally provide.
If they don't get what they want they threaten to hold out and not play...in most cases if we were to do refuse to work because we want more $ we would get told to get bent.
I agree with you but not really ;)

If they don't get what they want they threaten to hold out and not play...in most cases if we were to do refuse to work because we want more $ we would get told to get bent.
I agree with you but not really ;)
That’s the market. Their skills are more valuable and/or harder to replace than ours. Just the way it is.

That's true but at some point how much money is enough?
Turning down 20 million and taking 25 seems more greed than need

It's not like us in the real world taking 75K over 45K...that's understandable

It just shows how desensitized we have become to the athletes salaries
The issue with this scenario is he didn’t turn down $20 mil for $25.

he turned down $16 mil (? People posted a couple of the possible offers from Tennessee, not sure the actual amount) for the opportunity to negotiate for more elsewhere.

He ended up with $25 mil.

to me, he’s overpaid and that’s the right move in Tennessee. For Phi, probably still a little overpaid but much closer to their value as a much higher “passing” team.

I didn't realize there we so many tag and trades
That's true but at some point how much money is enough?
Turning down 20 million and taking 25 seems more greed than need

It's not like us in the real world taking 75K over 45K...that's understandable

It just shows how desensitized we have become to the athletes salaries
It's all relative though, and for 90% of ppl no amount of money is ever enough. Also I think especially with elite athletes they use their contracts as a measure of how great they are. Highest guaranteed=best at their position. If AJ brown takes 20 million he's valuing himself as a mike Williams vs as a cooper kupp. It's silly but ego is a powerful thing.

That’s biased. I guarantee you’re not leaving $5M on the table. Regardless of your current income percent.
I will say... depends... I would take the lesser amount if the system suited my skillset.... DH22 probably could have gotten more elsewhere but nowhere else gonna feed DH22 the way the Titans will

yeah I think that debate is only in your head

everyone recognized B11 as a true 1 in NFL think that is universal opinion around here. Why some displeased with trade. I know I was, but is what it is.

5 Receptions
95 Yards
0 TD

Season:
25 Receptions
404 Yards
1 TD

AJ Brown through four games:

404 yards (3rd)
18 1st downs (5th)
2.89 yards/route run (3rd)

217 yards on in routes, slants and crossers - most in the NFL.
3 receptions
32 yards
0 TD

28 receptions
436 yards
1 TD

All three of his catches came on the first drive, then I don't even know if he was targeted the rest of the game. Was no where to be seen on their final pass attempt for potential go ahead touchdown. Injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back