Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, but there are reasons for that. Syria is only about 10% Christian. So obviously the vast majority of refugees are going to be Muslim. Plus, as noted, a lot of the Christian population has been in the "safer" parts of Syria, and simply werent leaving. And many that did leave, had other countries they could go to, probably family members and things of that nature they could stay with. Its not like Obama was discriminating again Syrian Christians, but simply that raw #s would dictate that the majority of refugees are Muslim.
It took me all of 10 seconds to look up refugee numbers under Obama and find exactly what you're saying. Some people just don't want to hear that. The kind of people who still think Obama is a Muslim that just wanted to bring in a horde of Muslims to take over the US.

A larger percentage of refugees have come from the Democratic Republic of Congo than Syria. Are we supposed to worry about them too? No one seems to say anything about them, so I'm genuinely curious... They have Democratic in their name..that should really trigger some people here!

I bring him up because he helped create that situation. It is hypocritical to say you care about refugees but not care about what made them refugees in the first place. Especially when it was the US government, at the highest level, that is largely responsible.

So, are you upset about this refugee order or not?

I'm against dropping bombs on people in almost all instances. No matter if it's dems or repubs doing it.

It took me all of 10 seconds to look up refugee numbers under Obama and find exactly what you're saying. Some people just don't want to hear that. The kind of people who still think Obama is a Muslim that just wanted to bring in a horde of Muslims to take over the US.

A larger percentage of refugees have come from the Democratic Republic of Congo than Syria. Are we supposed to worry about them too? No one seems to say anything about them, so I'm genuinely curious... They have Democratic in their name..that should really trigger some people here!

I'll talk about DRC, aka Congo Kinshasa. It is indeed a giant mess since the end of colonization. There have been numerous civil wars there over the decades even at one point becoming the stage for a proxy war between the US and USSR. There are lots of Congolese refugees all over the world.

That's not at all what Elliot Abrams said in Newsweek. He said:

And he is wrong. Read the Huffpo article I posted. Many Christians wouldnt go to refugee camps, and granted, because they didnt feel safe. But at the same time, any refugee situation, certainly in a war zone, is going to be chaotic. How would you suggest the Christians who wanted to flee were found if they wouldnt go to camps? This stuff isnt easy. You cant just ride down and road in a van and pick up Christians, it is a chaotic and difficult situation.

And also keep in mind, Abrams is a Republican who worked under Bush and Reagan, so there is probably some partisanship to his words.

Right, but there are reasons for that. Syria is only about 10% Christian. So obviously the vast majority of refugees are going to be Muslim. Plus, as noted, a lot of the Christian population has been in the "safer" parts of Syria, and simply werent leaving. And many that did leave, had other countries they could go to, probably family members and things of that nature they could stay with. Its not like Obama was discriminating again Syrian Christians, but simply that raw #s would dictate that the majority of refugees are Muslim.
I see you have buttchugged your donkaide limit for the day

Why do y'all always bring up Obama? I don't give a **** about Obama. Ill tell you like I've had to tell GoT a million times... I'm not a party sack rider, I can admit when any party ****s up. I don't go along with whatever one party does just because that's "my party." That's the kind of **** that got Donald ****ing Trump elected as president.

If people would use their head instead of riding the cock of a political party, this country would be a lot better off.
View attachment 10064

IMG_6799-1024x682.jpg

Exactly, the Refugees admitted to the US under the Obama administration were 44% Christian and 46% Muslim. So this idea he was discriminating against Christians makes no sense.

And he is wrong. Read the Huffpo article I posted. Many Christians wouldnt go to refugee camps, and granted, because they didnt feel safe. But at the same time, any refugee situation, certainly in a war zone, is going to be chaotic. How would you suggest the Christians who wanted to flee were found if they wouldnt go to camps? This stuff isnt easy. You cant just ride down and road in a van and pick up Christians, it is a chaotic and difficult situation.

And also keep in mind, Abrams is a Republican who worked under Bush and Reagan, so there is probably some partisanship to his words.

> Uses HuffPo as a source
> Claims I'm quoting partisan sources

AW8wHaf.png

IMG_6799-1024x682.jpg

> Uses HuffPo as a source
> Claims I'm quoting partisan sources

AW8wHaf.png

The article you posted was written by a lifelong Republican who worked under Reagan and Bush. I didnt say you were partisan, I said consider that the article you wrote probably had some aspect of partisanship.

But secondly, you didnt address my post. How, would you then suggest that the US, UN, whoever, was able to find Christians in a war torn country where they are the vast minority? Most refugees who are vetted come from camps, which Christians rarely went to. So, since it is apparently just discrimination, then what was your plan to find Christians to bring over as refugees?

The article you posted was written by a lifelong Republican who worked under Reagan and Bush. I didnt say you were partisan, I said consider that the article you wrote probably had some aspect of partisanship.

But secondly, you didnt address my post. How, would you then suggest that the US, UN, whoever, was able to find Christians in a war torn country where they are the vast minority? Most refugees who are vetted come from camps, which Christians rarely went to. So, since it is apparently just discrimination, then what was your plan to find Christians to bring over as refugees?

gettyimages-632867454.jpg

I think it is a solid strategy that is defiantly part of a winning plan

54864dcb46b76128c4d68397282eee95.jpg

someone in need of a few thousand pounds of freedom?
Yeah, working so well for us, isn't it.

I think you'd probably have a different view if it were your neighborhood those bombs were dropping on.

Yeah, working so well for us, isn't it.

I think you'd probably have a different view if it were your neighborhood those bombs were dropping on.

This country has gotten beyond stupid. You even see Conway when she does her media rounds, and literally says the white house has "alternative facts", because this administration is so fucking stupid they cant even defend their positions. There is no such thing as alternative facts. People can disagree on what the facts are, but alternative facts is essentially code for propaganda.

That means nothing. If you are going to accuse some of discriminating, then at least be able to talk about it. A picture of Donald Trump says nothing.

But let me ask then, how is Donald going to find and bring Christians over? What is his plan?

They're going to show up at camps waving 'Merican flags with the Dons face on them now. They can't wait til Don meets them at the airport for hugs and photo ops.

Or...Christians will continue to not go to the camps and the numbers will remain about the same. Unless they somehow figure out a way to set up Christian only sanctuaries in the region, the numbers will be the same and for the same reasons... They're just not there to get admitted.

They're going to show up at camps waving 'Merican flags with the Dons face on them now. They can't wait til Don meets them at the airport for hugs and photo ops.

Or...Christians will continue to not go to the camps and the numbers will remain about the same. Unless they somehow figure out a way to set up Christian only sanctuaries in the region, the numbers will be the same and for the same reasons... They're just not there to get admitted.

I guess. And they actually do have camps across Syrian borders for Christians, but obviously harder to get there for them. But they have no clue what they are going to do. We still have no clue how the stupid wall is going to get paid for or what the Republican alternative to Obamacare is. Theyve been bitching about it for 6 years, and still have nothing. But I am supposed to believe that Trump knows how to save Christians in Syria? What a crock of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back