Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. I’m not buying it. Showing well yesterday gets him stronger consideration.
Sure, but don’t tell me your focus is going to be the same if possible the biggest job interview of your career is a few hours away.
Is it THE reason for our ineptitude? No but it’s still a big distraction, no matter what Smith may claim.
Heck you could even argue he was coaching conservatively to avoid getting embarrassed right before the interview, though personally I think going conservative was on Fish.. Vrabel.

Heck you could even argue he was coaching conservatively to avoid getting embarrassed right before the interview, though personally I think going conservative was on Fish.. Vrabel.
Fishbel? Vraber?

You make a good point that the OC is going to do what the HC asks him to do.

FYI, LaFleur was 59% run on first down in '18. Smith was 62% last season and increased to 65% this season. These are up from 51% runs on first down under Mularkey who many felt was more conservative.

Obviously, Henry really wasn't Henry until the second half of last season.

Situational Run:Pass Ratios (OFF)

Sure, but don’t tell me your focus is going to be the same if possible the biggest job interview of your career is a few hours away.
Is it THE reason for our ineptitude? No but it’s still a big distraction, no matter what Smith may claim.
During the game he was employed by the Titans as the OC, that should have been his only focus...if his mind wandered, he has no right to be a pro coordinator, what is he 16 yrs old?
Squirrel!

One thing that has always confused me is why we rarely use toss or sweeps? Get Henry going towards space. I'm assuming it's because of the injuries on the OL, but even last year and when we were healthy it never happened. I do think the success has been more attributed to the talent of the roster than the play calling. Honestly, I still don't like the play calling, we've just had the talent to be successful.

We have the pieces to run any OCs offense. Tannehill can make the throws, Henry can run, AJ can catch, and a plethora of TEs. Art has benefited from that, no doubt. I dont dislike Art, but I think with the players we have on offense, he is very easily replaced right now.

Let's be honest we have a pretty loaded offense it's not hard to be successful with our players. This dude is overrated and I hope he gets a HC job elsewhere, it's gonna be a shit show. Go get Doug.

Gary Kubiaks offense is truly perfect for the players we have. What he got out of Matt Schaub with Andre Johnson and Arian Foster and a whole bunch of nobody WRs and TEs. AJ Brown is a lot like Andre Johnson. Fast big body WR. Lots of play action.

The comments coming out today suggest there is some acknowledgement/blame that he was in over his head.
I didn’t get that from it in a way that made me think Bowen won’t be back in the same role next year. Vrabel did say there would perhaps be some new coaches but I assumed he meant Arthur as he is interviewing with several teams.

What exactly does one do to prep for an interview?

He knows the Jags from playing them twice a year the last 10 years. He knows what he knows about football. I doubt he ran down to Books-A-Million and bought a copy of Job Interviews for Dummies and read it all night Saturday night.

He knows the Jags from playing them twice a year the last 10 years. He knows what he knows about football. I doubt he ran down to Books-A-Million and bought a copy of Job Interviews for Dummies and read it all night Saturday night.
You look at their weaknesses and propose solutions. That means a holistic view of the Jags and how and with whom he would fix it. He will most likely put together a lengthy and detailed proposal.

I mean, this basically happens to every coordinator in college and the pros worth their salt every year. And Arthur Smith is the only one that just totally mailed it in?

Just doesn't make any sense.

I mean, this basically happens to every coordinator in college and the pros worth their salt every year. And Arthur Smith is the only one that just totally mailed it in?

Just doesn't make any sense.
I really doubt Art's the first to be distracted from a potential promotion.. I can't specifically recall any because that's nothing something i really care about from other teams, but I'm sure it's happened

You can’t be serious.

Having to know the personnel on the team and how you’d utilize them by itself would be a ton of work. It’s not like he’s been prepping to defend the Jags offense so he would have to scout their offense and figure out the best way to utilize their players.

Preparing to answer who your coordinators would be. Identity of the team. Selling yourself and coaching history. Preparing stats to back up your body of work at every stop.

Im sure some of these interviews get very extensive and require a lot of prep work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back