Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arthur is a problem... I feel like I'm watching us run 1 of 3 plays every time I watch this offense.

You have jonnu Smith, one of the best TEs after the catch... he gets 1 or 2 looks a game

You have AJ Brown, always has his man beat when we send him deep, also elite YAC... we just send him on slant routes 99% of the time

How can we not get Derrick Henry a pass. That retarded PA bootleg then throw across the field to Henry was retarded tonight... takes about 10 seconds to develop
It feels like the wall the offense hit in year 2 under Robiskie. Many of the first read plays like the screens , PA, and AJ slants aren't working anymore, and the iso routes aren't getting the WRs any breathing room vs DBs.

It feels like the wall the offense hit in year 2 under Robiskie. Many of the first read plays like the screens , PA, and AJ slants aren't working anymore, and the iso routes aren't getting the WRs any breathing room vs DBs.
It still looks to me to start with a leaky OL. The time Rivers had vs Tannehill was noticeably longer. Bad D and just below average OL don’t mix well.

The D is definitely an issue, painful to watch no names run and catch all over us...Hines has a career day? Hes done nothing since week 1 but he plays us and hes their offense..brutal

We dont run Henry enough, get him in a rhythm early and by the 4th hes the beast that he can be

Use Jonnu more than just as a RZ target, would open things up for AJ more

Can we not have Brown and Davis have a good game at the same time?

Our offense is predictable and our defense is weak...granted we are missing starters on both ends but others need to step up...this team doesn't seem to have that killer instinct at times

It is what it is: when we left training camp we were already in trouble. Beasley was just there to get a check, our first round pick was basically useless, and out kicker was a poor decision. Then we lost Lewan, A Jackson, and Kern. That is a lot to loss when your bench is not that deep.
We were flirting with greatness 4 weeks ago, but today we a just average.
Gosh, I fricken hate loosing to the Colts !

Sambrailo’s ‘look out’ block that almost got Tannehill killed is a much bigger issue than Arthur Smith.

There are problems all over this team. Should coaches shoulder some blame? Sure. But if this were the 3-5 Patriots, we wouldn’t be calling Belichick a bad coach. Our coaches are no Belichick, but we’re not the 3-5 Patriots either. They’ve made some chicken salad out of chicken shit this season. Just sit back, and enjoy it.

Defense is active, but can't really stop anyone. We shank a punt which was basically a turnover from our end zone, we get a punt blocked and ran back for a TD, AJ drops a TD. Tanny just misses an over the top throw to Jonnu. We miss a field goal.

You are crazy if you think this one is on Arthur.

It still looks to me to start with a leaky OL. The time Rivers had vs Tannehill was noticeably longer. Bad D and just below average OL don’t mix well.

Colts blitzed and sent pressure a lot. Vrabel should take notes on how to attack an offenses weak points.

While the offense has fallen off the last few weeks, keep in mind that all of the pressure is on this unit to succeed as the Titans defense and special teams units are worse in the league. Add Lewan's season ender and other injuries that keep popping up on the OL, the offense slumping isn't a surprise

Sambrailo’s ‘look out’ block that almost got Tannehill killed is a much bigger issue than Arthur Smith.

There are problems all over this team. Should coaches shoulder some blame? Sure. But if this were the 3-5 Patriots, we wouldn’t be calling Belichick a bad coach. Our coaches are no Belichick, but we’re not the 3-5 Patriots either. They’ve made some chicken salad out of chicken **** this season. Just sit back, and enjoy it.
Yes, this. He is playing Oley with the defense out there. As soon as its snapped he turns sideways to say "theres the QB, go get him".
Lewan loss was big. If Saffold is out I have little hope for this season.

Why can't the Titans ever do the little automatic things. They always find a way to lose in the worst fashion. We spotted Pitt a bunch of points because of this kind of garbage as well. Our special teams coach better be fired today! Constant missed blocks and trash performances have cost us literally every week!

Arthur is a problem... I feel like I'm watching us run 1 of 3 plays every time I watch this offense.

You have jonnu Smith, one of the best TEs after the catch... he gets 1 or 2 looks a game

You have AJ Brown, always has his man beat when we send him deep, also elite YAC... we just send him on slant routes 99% of the time

How can we not get Derrick Henry a pass. That retarded PA bootleg then throw across the field to Henry was retarded tonight... takes about 10 seconds to develop

Jonnu led the team in targets tonight.

AJ dropped a deep ball.

Henry caught a screen pass.

Arthur is a problem but it’s not because of any of the reasons you stated. His problem is he tries to get cute. He takes Henry out when he’s getting in a groove and then drives stall out. All because we are forcing playing time for Foreman and McNichols. Makes no sense.

Colts blitzed and sent pressure a lot. Vrabel should take notes on how to attack an offenses weak points.

While the offense has fallen off the last few weeks, keep in mind that all of the pressure is on this unit to succeed as the Titans defense and special teams units are worse in the league. Add Lewan's season ender and other injuries that keep popping up on the OL, the offense slumping isn't a surprise

Colts brought a lot of pressure because we only ever do a straight drop back pass when it’s 2nd or 3rd and long. Other than that it’s okay action that takes a while to develop.

Meanwhile Rivers threw 90% of his passes under 2 seconds and we can’t figure out to play on the LOS with our DB’s to make him hold the ball longer.

Jonnu led the team in targets tonight.

AJ dropped a deep ball.

Henry caught a screen pass.

Arthur is a problem but it’s not because of any of the reasons you stated. His problem is he tries to get cute. He takes Henry out when he’s getting in a groove and then drives stall out. All because we are forcing playing time for Foreman and McNichols. Makes no sense.
I think they are trying to minimize Henrys workload to an extent. However, Henry really is the only consistent offensive threat they have. It's a double edged sword.

I think they are trying to minimize Henrys workload to an extent. However, Henry really is the only consistent offensive threat they have. It's a double edged sword.

I understand that to some degree, but we gotta win games. Who cares how many carries it takes. Let's just win. Henry is built different than CJ2K.

too much focus lovefest with henry getting his carries/stats we saw the same thing with chris johnson and it cost titans many a 3 and outs and left our defense gassed. Titans need to have balance on offense to keep opposing teams from guessing correctly where the ball is going- the attack was beyond predictable almost as bad as the norm chow days.

too much focus lovefest with henry getting his carries/stats we saw the same thing with chris johnson and it cost titans many a 3 and outs and left our defense gassed. Titans need to have balance on offense to keep opposing teams from guessing- the attack was beyond predictable almost as bad as the norm chow days.

Go back and watch the games. The only time we are able to move the ball (outside of the first drive) is when Henry is pounding the rock.

Has nothing to do with his stats. That's how we help out our bad defense. Control the clock and run the ball. Art went from using Henry to set up the play action to trying to use play action to set up Henry. It's not working.

Not the only example either. Against the Bengals we had a scoring drive where we ran the ball every single play and scored a TD. Then we go back to trying to pass and can't move the ball.

Smith is far from being an issue. He's probably doing the best job of any coach/coordinator the Titans have right now.

I thought the plays early in the game were some of the best I'd seen. AJ catches that pass and everything changes.

The main two reasons the Titans offense sputtered was a legit Colts D and that the Titans offense stayed on the sidelines because the Titan D couldn't get off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back