Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
At times, Smith is brilliant

Other times, he leaves us all scratching our head

We have issues in all 3 phases of our game right now

N
Colts blitzed and sent pressure a lot. Vrabel should take notes on how to attack an offenses weak points.

While the offense has fallen off the last few weeks, keep in mind that all of the pressure is on this unit to succeed as the Titans defense and special teams units are worse in the league. Add Lewan's season ender and other injuries that keep popping up on the OL, the offense slumping isn't a surprise
no surprise, but our trenches aren’t solid.

I would like to see Henry run from some more spread formations. Whenever Henry is in, we bring in the TE's and WR into a tight formation which automatically turns it into an 8 man box.

We throw McNichols out there and run with him with our WR's out wide, and look at that, he only has a 4 man box to run through.

Our play design with personnel needs to get better.

Not to mention.... Tannehill is a mobile QB, why not some option routes?

The play calling on the first drive was great. After that it was very vanilla and predictable. I agree I would like to see Henry run it more a out of different formations, and I would like to see him catch more balls.

Let's really look at our drives

1st drive----great scripted drive...TD
2nd drive---- 3rd and long and Brown drops what would have been a TD...Punt
3rd drive--- 8 play 4:24 drive ending in a FG
4th drive--- 9 play 4:55 drive ending in a TD
5th drive--- started at the 1 yard line we were able to get a first down and give the punter room...shank
6th drive--- 3 and out (incomplete pass, Henry 1 yd, incomplete pass)..punt block
7th drive--- 12 play drive...missed FG
8th drive--- 10 plays 63 yds turned ball over on downs

so out of 8 drives I really only think the 6th drive was the only BAD drive.

Arthur scripted a great opening drive and drew up some new plays that no one had ever seen which resulted in 2 TDs.

Arthur did not have a bad game last night.

Again, the problem ISN'T the multitude of individual items listed throughout the thread, the problem is that everything we're complaining about in week 10 are the SAME issues we identified after the barely won week 1 game. Even after WINS we're here complaining about the defense, the kicker, the play-calling, the execution, the tackling, etc. We've had ONE really good performance all season, in literally EVERY OTHER game we've had substantial breakdowns in key areas.

This is the single biggest issue that I see...

Defense is obviously the Achilles heal so far this year.

On offense Tannehill is 14th in total passing yards and 4th in TDs with only 3 ints. Henry leads the league in rushing with 8 TDs. We are 3rd in the league in scoring.

On the last two plays near the goal line where we failed on 4th down Tannehill had easy tosses available to the RB for TD scores.

Now on defense we can't do anything very well. We get gashed all game and can't get off the field. Imagine how many more points we could score if we had a better defense giving us the ball in better field position?

Part of that is personnel but obviously we have coaching issues since the personnel hasn't changed much. Getting healthy with Adoree would really help. IMO Vrable is a real good HC but not a great DC.

The D is definitely an issue, painful to watch no names run and catch all over us...Hines has a career day? Hes done nothing since week 1 but he plays us and hes their offense..brutal

We dont run Henry enough, get him in a rhythm early and by the 4th hes the beast that he can be

Use Jonnu more than just as a RZ target, would open things up for AJ more

Can we not have Brown and Davis have a good game at the same time?

Our offense is predictable and our defense is weak...granted we are missing starters on both ends but others need to step up...this team doesn't seem to have that killer instinct at times
Buddy Henry has 40 more carries than any other back in the NFL. We're lucky he's not run into the ground already.

Jonnu just got a carry in the RZ literally last night, and in the past they design plays in the RZ just for him. If you think they're ignoring him you're lost.

The rest of the points I agree with but those two are ridiculous.

Gonna be sad when Arthur Smith gets hired to be a hc and our next coordinator makes the offense look worse. Smith pretty much does everything you want out of a modern OC, lots of motion, lots of play action, roll outs etc. The fact hes taken this offense to a top 10+ level in just over 1 season of tannehill starting is pretty phenomenal

Gonna be sad when Arthur Smith gets hired to be a hc and our next coordinator makes the offense look worse. Smith pretty much does everything you want out of a modern OC, lots of motion, lots of play action, roll outs etc. The fact hes taken this offense to a top 10+ level in just over 1 season of tannehill starting is pretty phenomenal
he has his moments, then he also has Vrabel-defense level of stupidity

Smith is too inconsistent, and can be hella predictable.. frequently

The biggest problem from Thursday was not getting Brown involved. He needs 10 targets a game. Force the ball to him. I don’t care if we pass the ball 20 times. That means half the targets go to him.

You know who we should not be featuring? Anthony Firkser. I don’t understand Art’s infatuation with him. He’s good for what we invested in him. He should not be our go-to guy when things get tough.

Buddy Henry has 40 more carries than any other back in the NFL. We're lucky he's not run into the ground already.

Jonnu just got a carry in the RZ literally last night, and in the past they design plays in the RZ just for him. If you think they're ignoring him you're lost.

The rest of the points I agree with but those two are ridiculous.
No where did I say we are ignoring Jonnu, I said we need to use him more. Since week 5 hes had an average of3 targets a game. Not enough imo, he can open things up for Brown and Davis. Jonnu between the 20s is more than a TE..use him as such.

Granted I didnt look up Henry's carries vs the rest of the league, seemed to me the last few games hes not used enough at the goal line. Also, he had the big run of 26 the last game then they pulled him. Keep his rhythm going that's what I meant.

Overusing him is different than not using him properly...we've lost 2 of the last 3, does it matter what the other RBs are doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back