Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say let's take the Rams way of doing things, and trade away all our first round picks ---- but the rams about to be stuck in the basement of the NFC West for the next 4 years at least..... so IDK.
So all of that got them a Super Bowl. As I was watching that game last night, I kept asking myself the question "If I was Les Snead, was it worth it"?

Last edited by a moderator:
People pointing the finger only at Downing didn't watch the game yesterday. The Bengals played the style of football the Titans are known for. They were the tougher team. They played more physical. Vrabel needs to be held accountable for that.

The Titans OL didn't do squat (again), the DL disappeared for stretches which means our weak CBs were exposed. Missed FG. FGs instead of Redzone TDs.

The Titans are not good enough to beat better teams unless they play damn near perfect and they were far from it yesterday.

Downing was a part of the problem but far from the only reason the Titans lost.

People pointing the finger only at Downing didn't watch the game yesterday. The Bengals played the style of football the Titans are known for. They were the tougher team. They played more physical. Vrabel needs to be held accountable for that.

The Titans OL didn't do squat (again), the DL disappeared for stretches which means our weak CBs were exposed. Missed FG. FGs instead of Redzone TDs.

The Titans are not good enough to beat better teams unless they play damn near perfect and they were far from it yesterday.

Downing was a part of the problem but far from the only reason the Titans lost.
Agreed, regardless of when Downing called a running play, it didn't matter. The OL was straight poo poo yesterday. Henry was constantly hit in the backfield or right at the LOS. On the other side of the coin, it still is on Downing for not adjusting to the all out assault on Henry. Other than screens, did they pass it to Henry out in the flat at all? Not a rhetorical question.

I mean, the Bengals pretty much said we're stacking it against Henry every play, we dare you to beat us with someone else...and we still kept running Henry up the middle into a wall. I get Henry is our identity but are we that scared to adjust?!

You know how affective the playaction can be with how the Bengals were spying Henry all game!

Draw up more plays for Okonkwo! This guy is a talent and can be so dangerous after the catch! I'm not saying he's Travis Kelce, but like Kelce, every time he has the ball, with just a little bit of space, you know he's going to make a play!

When the pass rush isn't there, you have to start throwing in some blitzes!

Cornerbacks is our weakest position on defense. Fulton isn't that good yet (I say yet because I think he can be good) but is still our best corner... yikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, the Bengals pretty much said we're stacking it against Henry every play, we dare you to beat us with someone else...and we still kept running Henry up the middle into a wall. I get Henry is our identity but are we that scared to adjust?!

You know how affective the playaction can be with how the Bengals were spying Henry all game!

Draw up more plays for Okonkwo! This guy is a talent and can be so dangerous after the catch! I'm not saying he's Travis Kelce, but like Kelce, every time he has the ball, with just a little bit of space, you know he's going to make a play!

When the pass rush isn't there, you have to start throwing in some blitzes!

Cornerbacks is our weakest position. Fulton isn't that good yet (I say yet because I think he can be good) but is still our best corner... yikes.
Cornerback is no where close to as weak as our pitiful OL. That is our weakest position.

7-3 we think division is wrapped up.. jags 3 back and if they sweep they're down 1 so

to win the division all we have to do is beat the Jags once.... we own the tiebreaker over them because they would have 3 division loses and the most we could have is 2 .... we could lose the rest of our games as long as we beat the Jags once and Indy loses 1 more game.

to win the division all we have to do is beat the Jags once.... we own the tiebreaker over them because they would have 3 division loses and the most we could have is 2 .... we could lose the rest of our games as long as we beat the Jags once and Indy loses 1 more game.

mathematically that’s not correct.
Jags can still get to 9-8 assuming 1 loss to Tennessee.
Titans could still end 8-9 assuming 1 victory over Jax.

mathematically that’s not correct.
Jags can still get to 9-8 assuming 1 loss to Tennessee.
Titans could still end 8-9 assuming 1 victory over Jax.

I've always stunk at math... you are correct... I think I'm correct in saying that this weekend a Titans win or Jags loss would make the Jags game the possible division clinching game.

I've always stunk at math... you are correct... I think I'm correct in saying that this weekend a Titans win or Jags loss would make the Jags game the possible division clinching game.
I think at a minimum it’s a really tall order for the titans to lose the division now but I have seen it before.
I think around 2009, 8-4 chargers lost division to the 4-8 broncos. Might have been the Tebow year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back