Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not at all how it works. But if it were you don’t know who he knows. You are guessing.
Let me clarify. I am confident that Bowen has less relationships with players around the league than a Wade Phillips, Romeo Crennel, and others who have been in a DC position for some time. Even Vrable was able to get Clowney, even though that worked out poorly. I just don't see a long list of players excited and ready to play for Coach Bowen.

Not really much to add... we are in a window where we could compete for a SB and Vrabel just went and screwed it all up... Far as I am concerned, if we arent trying to win a SB might as well just sit down and go 0-17 from now on and quit wasting time.

Only on the Titans staff can you fail miserably and get a promotion

Wont say Vrabel and JRob are on the hot seat but these were 2 big decisions for OC and DC...with Henry and Tannehill performing well and the D needing improvement dont fool yourselves if they aren't under scrutiny next year if these moves fail.
Hiring Bowen over other better candidates shows Vrabel thinks he can fix this D....we'll see

Vrabel clearly has zero clue how to run a D... he punted down 4 and 4th & 2 at ratbird 40 with 10 mins left in game because he 'trusted my defense there'

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Vrabel clearly has zero clue how to run a D... he punted down 4 and 2 at ratbird 40 with 10 mins left in game because he 'trusted my defense there'

LOL
I agree...but God forbid you say his ego will get the best of him...hiring Bowen is proof, Vrabel thinks he knows everything

So we are name calling now? You calling me a clown? You don’t know what I take serious. It isn’t sports. Sports are entertainment. I truly don’t take this serious at all as the Titans success or lack of doesn’t change my life. It’s fun either way.

You are a sad person. How miserable must your life be that your purpose in life is to post a ton , I mean you post a lot in a fan forum for a team you apparently don’t really like or ever have much positive to say about. To screw with other people who are actually fans of the team. Self admitted troll. How truly pathetic. I’m actually sad for you.

I’ve got a bet for you... if the Titans finish better than 6-10 you delete your account and go away. If they go 6-10 without major injury, I’ll go away.
lay off @Titanic_Sub .... ALL his posts are excellent

if only for the avatar

Let me clarify. I am confident that Bowen has less relationships with players around the league than a Wade Phillips, Romeo Crennel, and others who have been in a DC position for some time. Even Vrable was able to get Clowney, even though that worked out poorly. I just don't see a long list of players excited and ready to play for Coach Bowen.

No they will be excited to come play for a contender. Players play for money. One of my closest friends is a well known professional Sports Agent. We have discussed this, They don’t play for coaches, they play for money and chance team has to win. But mostly money, Getting FA talent to play here is Jrobs job. Not Bowen’s We didn’t even have a DC last season and we got Beasley and Clowney. It didn’t work out but both were sought after by other teams. They came here for money and a chance to win,

Not really much to add... we are in a window where we could compete for a SB and Vrabel just went and screwed it all up... Far as I am concerned, if we arent trying to win a SB might as well just sit down and go 0-17 from now on and quit wasting time.
but those bomber jackets!

Not happy about this move but we have had more success with Vrabel and JRob than any other combo in the last 20 years. They aren’t going anywhere for a while.

Not happy about this move but we have had more success with Vrabel and JRob than any other combo in the last 20 years. They aren’t going anywhere for a while.

I’m not excited either and if our defense had sucked last year stacked with uninsured talent I would be really pissed. No one us know whether he will work out or not, get the talent on defense and see what happens, was it the QB coach or OCs fault Locker or Mariota couldn’t get it done? If you don’t have the players you don’t, I don’t care if you dig up Dick Lebeau in his prime. I don’t think anyone could have done anything with that defense.

Titans Promote Todd Downing to OC, Elevate Shane Bowen to DC as Mike Vrabel Sets Staff

Bowen joined the Titans after spending two seasons with the Houston Texans as a defensive assistant. In 2017, the Texans ranked fifth in third-down defense and set a franchise record for fewest yards per carry by opponents (3.97). In 2016, he was part of a coaching staff that produced the NFL's top-ranked defense (301.3 yards allowed per game) for the first time in franchise history. The 2016 squad, which also gave up the fewest first downs (17.0) and second-fewest net passing yards (201.6) per game, won the AFC South Division and advanced to the Divisional Playoff Round.

Before joining the Texans, Bowen was hired by Kennesaw State University in 2013 as one of the first coaches to help launch the school's new football program. He spent the 2012 campaign as a defensive graduate assistant at Ohio State. The 2012 season at Ohio State was the first time Bowen and Vrabel were on the same staff. They reunited from 2016-17 with the Texans.

Can sum these 2 paragraphs up in 1 sentence - "Vrabel gives gig to his buddy"

I see debate in the previous pages on this statement - but I think if the D stays the same or gets worse, Vrabel starts to feel the pressure, and rightly so.

I’m not excited either and if our defense had sucked last year stacked with uninsured talent I would be really pissed. No one us know whether he will work out or not, get the talent on defense and see what happens, was it the QB coach or OCs fault Locker or Mariota couldn’t get it done? If you don’t have the players you don’t, I don’t care if you dig up Dick Lebeau in his prime. I don’t think anyone could have done anything with that defense.

The offense and Arthur Smith sucked until we changed QB’s.

Thats not at all how it works. But if it were you don’t know who he knows. You are guessing.

LOL Bruh... who does he know???? Matter fact what defensive FA impact player do you know would want to come to Tennessee after the way our defense looked under Bowen???

Only on the Titans can someone be rewarded for failing miserably at their jobs. Not a surprise though as the Titans basically telegraphed what they were doing with only interviewing minority coaches to get by the Rooney rule. I still will not be surprised if the Titans bring in some "assistant head coach" to help Bowen with the defense.

Basically, Vrabel keeps his lapdog and gives a big FU to the media for questioning him about the DC. Vrabel rewards loyalty, I will give him that. However, Vrabel better hope his loyalty is rewarded down the line with better defensive play, or the same fate that befell Mularkey could happen to Vrabel in a couple of years.

In addition, the "hire" is a demonstration that they see it as mainly a personnel problem on the defense, not scheme. as fans, we shall see if they are right. At the least, Vrabel's role in the defense should hopefully diminish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we coulda won a superbowl with this offense but we are going to flounder around for a couple years... contact up on aj. Henry hits age 30, contract up on tannehill and we are back in rebuilding mode. Perpetual mediocrity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back