Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This defense is Vrabel's. No outside DC is going to change that. In order for this D to perform better, the Titans will need to improve the players and/or remove Vrabel from the mix.

We better hope the first happens because Vrabel is around another two seasons, at least.

We’re gonna have to pull some Moneyball type magic to upgrade this defensive roster significantly. Honestly, with this offense at its peak, I’d be fine loading up this defense with a bunch of older former star vet defenders and trying to squeeze the last ounce of greatness out of them.

Maybe letting “Shame” be the dedicated DC pulls Vrabel back a bit. But the drop off from Pees to Bowens was dramatic and it ain’t all on missing players. Basically Adoree was the main starter missing and we moved on from Correa. But basically the same guys year over year.
I think letting Casey and Ryan go was missed as well..not saying they were the wrong decisions but the D definitely missed them.

LOL Bruh... who does he know???? Matter fact what defensive FA impact player do you know would want to come to Tennessee after the way our defense looked under Bowen???

Bruh.. any player who gets paid. The Titans are an average defense, just average defense away from a real SB run. Top 3 offense. best RB in League history. BRUH. Come on.... players don’t go because of coaches. I just told you that. Believe what you want. They go for money and winning, period.

Vravel has not fired a single assistant the entire time he’s been coach. Not one.

What would be the reason? Have the Ravens fired anyone? Their QB guru just got a HC gig. Have the Steelers fired anyone?

You guys hating on Vrabel makes you look stupid. I guess let’s go back to the good ole days of not making AFC Championship games and winning the division and stuff. We had great named coaches that people knew. Didn’t win shit but we had coaches people knew. Jesus it took Andy Reid 6 years and Mahomes to get to the promise land. Y’all chill

uuuuhhh wut?

fishface did same :bs: all the time... schwartz springs to mind

Munchaks last season he Fing hired his high school buddy to coach LBs... embarassing

Mularkeys main qualification for being on his staff was the inability to be a HC

We’re gonna have to pull some Moneyball type magic to upgrade this defensive roster significantly. Honestly, with this offense at its peak, I’d be fine loading up this defense with a bunch of older former star vet defenders and trying to squeeze the last ounce of greatness out of them.
That's an interesting take. Look how much we got out of Woodyard when many thought he was done. Had Wake not got hurt early 2 years ago, he could have contributed. You'd have to sign quite a few to cheap deals to hope 1 or 2 click.

Wonder if we resign King. He seemed to be pretty solid while we had him. I seem to recall Butler's contract was structured with an out this year with no dead cap.

That's an interesting take. Look how much we got out of Woodyard when many thought he was done. Had Wake not got hurt early 2 years ago, he could have contributed. You'd have to sign quite a few to cheap deals to hope 1 or 2 click.

Wonder if we resign King. He seemed to be pretty solid while we had him. I seem to recall Butler's contract was structured with an out this year with no dead cap.

There is an out, but a $4 million dead cap hit.

Let me clarify. I am confident that Bowen has less relationships with players around the league than a Wade Phillips, Romeo Crennel, and others who have been in a DC position for some time. Even Vrable was able to get Clowney, even though that worked out poorly. I just don't see a long list of players excited and ready to play for Coach Bowen.
No. When owner saw no one was gonna pay what he
Bruh.. any player who gets paid. The Titans are an average defense, just average defense away from a real SB run. Top 3 offense. best RB in League history. BRUH. Come on.... players don’t go because of coaches. I just told you that. Believe what you want. They go for money and winning, period.

The point I'm making has nothing to do with money. You brought up the idea about the relationship between a coach and a player in regards to who Bowen might or might not know. Everyone knows it's about the dollar but not always. What I said was a trash defensive coach is not appealing to a player. Look at Watson's situation. He has a huge contract but wants out because the FO is trash. That's what I'm talking about.

So basically this means that Vrable and his monster ego are fully in charge of both O and D this year, guess he a;ways has been anyway, this is gonna end with a mid season DC firing, probably already a term and condition of promotion ... I se this team slipping next year....

This is inexcusable. I'm truly shocked. Only thing worse wouldve been another year with no DC. WTF are they thinking with this move?

Our whole draft will have to be defense to prop up this fake DC and save MV and JR some face.

And that sucks bc we are going to have some holes to fill on offense. WR2 and TE1

Titans better nail the draft, hope the younger guys step up this year and Adoree is back to form.

We don't have alot of $ to fail on another Clowney or Beasley

Window on capitalizing with Tannehill, Henry and Brown is now, D not improving or the fake DC better not F it up

No. When owner saw no one was gonna pay what he

The point I'm making has nothing to do with money. You brought up the idea about the relationship between a coach and a player in regards to who Bowen might or might not know. Everyone knows it's about the dollar but not always. What I said was a trash defensive coach is not appealing to a player. Look at Watson's situation. He has a huge contract but wants out because the FO is trash. That's what I'm talking about.

I didn’t bring up anything about relationships between Coach and players. That’s wasn’t me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back