Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t imagine how this is justified after the performance we saw last year. I have been pretty impressed with Vrabel in his tenure here. But this is the first major mistake he has made. If works out I will be happy to be wrong.

Well we coulda won a superbowl with this offense but we are going to flounder around for a couple years... contact up on aj. Henry hits age 30, contract up on tannehill and we are back in rebuilding mode. Perpetual mediocrity

We could won a super bowl with this offense except they laid an egg in the playoffs.

Don't like the hire, but this thread is basically a who's who of the people that pop onto shoutbox as soon as the Titans give up a score to make the game 7-7 halfway thru the first.

Don't like the hire, but this thread is basically a who's who of the people that pop onto shoutbox as soon as the Titans give up a score to make the game 7-7 halfway thru the first.
Shoot that’s 75% of the fan base. Look on any venue and it’s the same. People freak early and often during games. However, Bowen was a poor choice based on last year’s results.

I tend to think he is awful because the defense is awful and the only time he was mentioned all year was when he gave half the team covid.

...but we really don't know what he contributed or didn't contribute to the team.

All I really know is that he'll get blamed for everything, even if our dude slips or gets pancaked or whatever.

Well we coulda won a superbowl with this offense but we are going to flounder around for a couple years... contact up on aj. Henry hits age 30, contract up on tannehill and we are back in rebuilding mode. Perpetual mediocrity
Yup. Feels a lot like when we went 13-3 then just fell back to the mediocre titans we all know.

There's a reason why a few teams are always contenders, and it's not because they promote guys after a failure of a season.

I tend to think he is awful because the defense is awful and the only time he was mentioned all year was when he gave half the team covid.

...but we really don't know what he contributed or didn't contribute to the team.

All I really know is that he'll get blamed for everything, even if our dude slips or gets pancaked or whatever.
Well, we know he called all the defensive plays and we know we were poor at in game adjustments, which would fall on the shoulders of the play caller. He WAS the DC last year, just didn’t get the title. I think what we saw in terms of player regression has to ultimately be on him too. That does not let the position coaches off the hook, but if Shane was the voice of the defense, that should have been addressed too.

Oh well, he may be a steaming pile, but as of now, he is our steaming pile. Let’s hope we defeat the odds and get some upgrades on defensive personnel and make him look good.

For the couple of people in this thread that seem to like this, I legitimately would like to know why? I really want to be excited for these hires but I am not seeing it. Please give us a reason or two why I should be panicked and this is a good thing? Continuity?

This defense is Vrabel's. No outside DC is going to change that. In order for this D to perform better, the Titans will need to improve the players and/or remove Vrabel from the mix.

We better hope the first happens because Vrabel is around another two seasons, at least.

This defense is Vrabel. No outside DC is going to change that. In order for this D to perform better, the Titans will need to improve the players and/or remove Vrabel from the mix.

We better hope the first happens because Vrabel is around another two seasons, at least.
Maybe letting “Shame” be the dedicated DC pulls Vrabel back a bit. But the drop off from Pees to Bowens was dramatic and it ain’t all on missing players. Basically Adoree was the main starter missing and we moved on from Correa. But basically the same guys year over year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back