Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
would love to argue against this
It's doable. First team I looked at. By the "no second contract" metric, Chandler Jones was a bad pick. I'm basing the no picks as losses, but it really depends on who they traded for. Given that they've made some crappy trades (i.e. Mohamed Sanu), I'm going with busts.

This would be fun do with with different teams and calculate hull hit vs bust rates.

View attachment 20187

Facts fans don't want to accept:
1. You can be a good first-round pick even if you're not a pro bowler.
2. You can be a good first-round pick even if you don't get a second contract with original team.
3. There is a lot more to a GM's job and team's success than first-round draft picks.
4. There is a lot more to a GM's job and team's success than just the draft.
5. No GM or team is perfect in the draft.
6. No GM or team is perfect in free agency.
7. Although not perfect, JRob has been good overall in the draft and phenomenal with late-round picks and free agents.

Really didn't get them passing up Darrisaw after he fell into their lap for Farley. Jrob really has blown some of these obvious picks. Sure would be nice to plug Darrisaw into Dennis Daley's spot right now...

Alex Leatherwood was still the goofiest pick of that draft though lmao

1. You can be a good first-round pick even if you're not a pro bowler.
2. You can be a good first-round pick even if you don't get a second contract with original team.
3. There is a lot more to a GM's job and team's success than first-round draft picks.
4. There is a lot more to a GM's job and team's success than just the draft.
5. No GM or team is perfect in the draft.
6. No GM or team is perfect in free agency.
7. Although not perfect, JRob has been good overall in the draft and phenomenal with late-round picks and free agents.
What a delusional homer

JRob just loves those high risk high reward picks. Farley did play great that season for VT they had the tape on. Just injuries have killed the young man. I'm not going to knock on him because he's not getting hurt in purpose. Just don't take him in the first round.

If you let your 1st rounder leave after rookie contract that is a bust pick, don't care what they do on other teams..the point is they aren't here..you don't spend first pick being satisfied with 3 years

Weaver is playing like a 1st round pick
Molden is playing like a 2nd round pick
Rice is playing like a 3rd round pick
Overall I’m not terribly unsatisfied with the players we got out of the 2021 draft. I see three starter quality players there.

What a delusional homer
Well its hard to argue the team success since 2016, JRob is a large part of that.
Winning season every year that he’s been the GM
This season looks like playoff trip 4 in a row and 5 of 7 years.
Prior to JRob, titans had 6 playoff seasons entirely (17 years)

You can recognize some success while also still knock his failures. There really is a giant middle ground.

PFF current ranking
Conklin #35 OT
Davis #36 WR
Jackson #27 CB
Evans #44 LB
Simmons #5 DL

That’s FIVE straight picks of staring caliber players in the 1st round with a pair of all pro caliber guys. That is success.
The two Covid draft picks should have an asterisk next to their names.

Well its hard to argue the team success since 2016, JRob is a large part of that.

You can recognize some success while also still knock his failures. There really is a giant middle ground.
Dude. Why bother? Emotion trumps logic and sensibility with some around here.

Farley was an unwise 1st round pick. He was better suited to 3rd of later given his injury history (and arguably his actual college production). JR seems to have moved away from his earlier process of counting production as a higher level factor than strictly athleticism. Robinson started out with a bang and has slowed to a fizzle. He needs to get impact players this year and move away from the plug-a-bum method of filling OL positions and his overly optimistic view of receivers such as Fitzpatrick and Taylor that we trade up for and nobody else wanted at those slots. We are a good team that could be a great team with just 3-5 of his busted picks panning out.

It also helps that the AFC South has been pretty bad in most of those years, as I recall 2018/2019 the only time we had a strong division.

I wish him the best but he just can’t stay healthy. He also seems to have lost any confidence he had dude looked like a deer in the headlights when he saw the field.

For every Farley whiff, Jrob finds 3-4 seemingly random street free agents that turn into big time contributors. Edwards Jr, Walker, Adams, Hilliard, etc.

There is a pattern of "higher risk, higher reward" when it comes to picking players with injuries. Sometimes they work out (Simmons) and sometimes they don't (Farley). As for others, Isaiah Wilson is sort of the anomaly....by all accounts he should have been a great pick and then all of a sudden forgot work ethic and desire to play football. That almost never happens at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back