Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I’d also argue that 2020 was a garbage draft and we did a good job to come away from it with 4 “starters” in Fulton, Tart, NWI and Brewer.

Starters don't necessarily mean a good pick. Just means best of the rest of the personnel at that position. Makes an assumption the choices were good quality. hate that metric.

Starters don't necessarily mean a good pick. Just means best of the rest of the personnel at that position. Makes an assumption the choices were good quality. hate that metric.
I think that’s a good lot though.
Fulton is the best CB on the team
Tart is quality DL depth, has had some really good games.
NWI is clearly the #3 WR but has been forced to #1 in Tennessee multiple times. He’s not a #1, but has had a few good games.
Brewer may end up being a long term depth OL. Seems he can play both G and C positions. Might not be great but he could also be a Nate Davis still where if he gets extended time, he improves.

i thought you typically draft to improve a position. You would never draft a person if you dont think it would be a upgrade at a position or an upgrade to your roster.

fair point but I think it is fair overall because it shows an 'upgrade' at a position ... which is nice

fair point but I think it is fair overall because it shows an 'upgrade' at a position ... which is nice
Agree. Just hate that as a metric. For example upgrading from super sucky to just sucky IS an upgrade, but it’s still sucky. My point is about the metric “starters” not necessarily about those guys.

also coaches sometimes lobby for players to be drafted and then start them over others to prove themselves right. Just a bad metric.

I must admit I didn't know anything about McCreary,but it was a good pick.

JRob should stay away from 1st round picks....trade back and get more picks in the rounds he isn't bad at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back