Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a pattern of "higher risk, higher reward" when it comes to picking players with injuries. Sometimes they work out (Simmons) and sometimes they don't (Farley). As for others, Isaiah Wilson is sort of the anomaly....by all accounts he should have been a great pick and then all of a sudden forgot work ethic and desire to play football. That almost never happens at this level.
What even happened to Wilson? That boy needs Jesus.
:biglaugh:

Well its hard to argue the team success since 2016, JRob is a large part of that.
Winning season every year that he’s been the GM
This season looks like playoff trip 4 in a row and 5 of 7 years.
Prior to JRob, titans had 6 playoff seasons entirely (17 years)

You can recognize some success while also still knock his failures. There really is a giant middle ground.
Almost all his success has come from one decision, hiring Mike Vrabel and I give him credit for that, but he’s terrible at evaluating talent which is his main job. Any other coach besides Vrabel and this team would be a dumpster fire.

It also helps that the AFC South has been pretty bad in most of those years, as I recall 2018/2019 the only time we had a strong division.
Sure it might help, but let’s also pretend the titans have been beating top tiered teams each season as well, 2021 probably the best example.

Almost all his success has come from one decision, hiring Mike Vrabel and I give him credit for that, but he’s terrible at evaluating talent which is his main job. Any other coach besides Vrabel and this team would be a dumpster fire.
That’s a terrible take.

yes, Vrabel has been an excellent hire despite all the downing talk, Vrabel doesn’t have this success without players put on the field via JRob. FA, draft, re-signing, etc, that’s not Vrabel.

look at the current defensive lineup and say JRob had nothing to do with their repeated success.

That’s a terrible take.

yes, Vrabel has been an excellent hire despite all the downing talk, Vrabel doesn’t have this success without players put on the field via JRob. FA, draft, re-signing, etc, that’s not Vrabel.

look at the current defensive lineup and say JRob had nothing to do with their repeated success.

Yeah, coaching gets too much credit/takes too much criticism sometimes. Ultimately, the players on the field play the game and win or lose. Unless the coach does some really stupid stuff and puts the team in no position to succeed (looking at you, Downing.)

I don't agree with this. We're talking evaluating human beings here. And "talent" is only one (major) part of the evaluation process. There are a lot of people with natural talent who never make it in the NFL or other major leagues and others with less talent who manage to make a nice career out of it due to other factors like work ethic, durability and occasionally a bit of luck.

I'm "old enough to remember" Tennessee Vols fans just a short time back not being sold on Jalen Hurts as a good QB. He seems to be doing ok now.

I ain't sure we couldn't afford him, think the decision was he's coming off of injury, and we decided to pay big for the "Clown Car" and "Beasless"
How the savings was spent is certainly open for debate, but had they signed Conklin, there would have been zero effort into the DL.
Hindsight says that would have been better than clowney/Beasley.

I still have faith Farley will come into his own and be solid. Plenty of players didn’t blossom until later in their careers. Adam Theilen, James Harrison and Kurt Warner were all practice squad guys for years.

He's literally taking players off the Jags practice squad, who have been in the league for years and they are suddenly playing like all-pros.

I'm not convinced that is down to JRob.

I still have faith Farley will come into his own and be solid. Plenty of players didn’t blossom until later in their careers. Adam Theilen, James Harrison and Kurt Warner were all practice squad guys for years.
All UDFA's not a first round pick at a position we saw as a need at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back