Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was not about racism, it was about a president trying to run the NFL and the NFL saying F off..
Actually it's about a man having a different opinion then the masses. "Trying to run the NFL"? Really? I must have missed the part where he told the owners to fire them. He said he would like to see that but never told them they had to. So you are wrong.

Actually it's about a man having a different opinion then the masses. "Trying to run the NFL"? Really? I must have missed the part where he told the owners to fire them. He said he would like to see that but never told them they had to. So you are wrong.

It's a man making dictator'esque statements.

And most Americans aren't going to be cool with that sh**.

huh??

forgot to have demands? What demands are they supposed to have?

"Stop killing black people" specific enough?

It's to bring awareness. And it's doing a damned good job of doing so.
You know what really brings awareness? Facts. Data. Change from the top.

Only an idiot would think waving your fist at racists does anything but prove them right in their own mind and create more racists.

Only an idiot would think waving your fist at racists does anything but prove them right in their own mind and create more racists.
Uhhh, you know what brings awareness? The fact that the entire country is having this conversation today.

The players made their point, overwhelmingly.

"waving your fist"... I love the spin you put on these things. So... kneeling is now "waving your fist"?

Facts: cops are killing black men at an alarming rate without being punished.

But... you choose your world, I suppose. I already see how you're playing this.

I hate social injustice as much as anyone. So what should I do? I want to make a real CHANGE and not just a real SEEN. What can I do?

I'm out of this one.

Too many FN viewers- and destined for taboo where the nationalists will take over.

Going to go argue about Marcus Mariota instead. Have fun, guys.

I hate social injustice as much as anyone. So what should I do? I want to make a real CHANGE and not just a real SEEN. What can I do?
Converse.

Which is what this sparks. The conversations about what's happening. And that's how we become better.

but for real for real for real... outta hurr.

Nothing worse than "Go out there and get CTE for my entertainment and don't you say a word, boy!" fans like OP.

I stand with our players and the first amendment. If you expected the players to let some senile billionaire call their mothers a b**ch and just take it, you thought wrong. They have a backbone unlike Ted Cruz.

Oh boy. The "they don't even know why they're doing it" guy chimes in.

Yes.

They.

Do.

And if you're struggling with the concept- THEY KEEP TELLING YOU WHY THEY'RE DOING IT.

OVER.

and

OVER.

But... you don't want to acknowledge why they're doing it. YOU are the problem. Not them.

They say: It's NOT ABOUT THE MILITARY.

They say: It's NOT ABOUT THE FLAG.

They say: It's NOT ABOUT THE ANTHEM.

They say: It's about POLICE BRUTALITY.

They say: It's about INJUSTICE.

It's not a difficult concept.

It's not about YOU or your service. Stop trying to make it about you. Unless you're a racist or abusive cop... it's not.

"Don't care if you get triggered"... says a guy clearly triggered by black men (and now white men) silently protesting racism.

Good job, buddy.
Totally agree. I've not seen one NFL player say they were protesting our military or any of the other things people are falsely accusing them of protesting against.

Dude. I'm all for players doing what they want. I dngaf about this.

But what do you want to happen?

I do not understand this at all. We are protesting racism. No racist laws, no specific racist people, not even any statistics. Just protesting racism?

This is literally the first protest I've ever seen, where they forgot to have demands. If every person said "You win. What do you want?", they would have no idea. Dumb dumb dumb.

I think we all agree, a racist sees this on TV, and it changes nothing.

I'm picturing a working class white guy who only enjoys 3 hours out of his week, which is watching football. And he has to watch a bunch of millionaires talk about how victimized they are. Can anyone else see how that could perpetuate the problem?
Hit the nail on the head

"waving your fist"... I love the spin you put on these things. So... kneeling is now "waving your fist"?

Facts: cops are killing black men at an alarming rate without being punished.

But... you choose your world, I suppose. I already see how you're playing this.

Post the statistics.

That's the thing that cracks me up. We are on the same page. We want the same thing.

But problem solving has three required steps.

Identify the problem. What is the problem? How do we know it's a problem?

Question the situation. Why is there a problem?

Solve. How do we fix the problem?

You are skipping the first two steps!

And it starts with step one. If there are no laws that we find that are racist. And there are no policies implicit or explicit that are racist. Then we can not move on until we sort that out.

You can't tell me what you specifically want to change, because you skipped the step of finding a quantiable problem.

Edit:

It's root cause analysis. If black people getting shot is the problem. Find the causes until you end up with a quantiable solution. "Because racism" is not the root cause because it is by definition not quantifiable

People can't keep their emotions in check enough to discuss racism.

If you think America wasn't aware before CK, then you weren't paying attention.

Offenders-Victims-Simpson-Black-Criminals-White-Victims-and-White-Guilt-1024x600.jpg

Yes let's look at some actual facts and data and then you will see what the biggest problem is.

In the first six months of the year, 32% of all police killings on unarmed suspects were against black males.

Black males account for only about 6% of the population.

Have you not read this thread or watched any news? It is clearly disruptive. How you can be so ignorant is unbelievable. I'm not saying they don't have a right to protest. I'm saying they don't have a RIGHT to do it at work. Period.
except that they do, because their employer allows them. so you are just wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back