Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kicking that 46 yard FG on 4th and 1 before the half is what did us in.

Had we been more aggressive and went for a TD there, we would've made the game 24-13 at the half.

Dude missed an XP and we put him out there to make a 46 yard FG when points were at a premium for us.
Hard to say that did us in, but completely inexplicable. Wtf is Vrabel doing?
He drops his piece on the table with a fake punt from his own 26 or whatever, then inverts to full vag on the 4th and 1 down 18 with a known s**t kicker.

Yet these talking heads continue to say that we have one of the best OL's in the NFL.

I actually saw a lot of our fan base upset with the “slander” from the media when talking about our OL.

I truly think this is lack of time together. Between Covid and injuries. This too shall pass. However, next weeks matchup is brutal.

Winning your division matches you up against other division winners the next season. The middle of our schedule is brutal this year. Starting slow might be a hole we can’t climb out of if we aren’t careful

Having two WR on the inactive list today further telegraphed what the Titans were planning to do on offense.
If neither inactive was A.J. brown or Julio Jones, it didn’t telegraph anything.
Downing just needs to find a way to utilize the guys (and Jones catch it) so d’s Will back off for Henry.

Titans need to throw more on first down. First three drives today started with runs and put the offense in a predictable passing situation, something this offensive line isn’t great at. Led to a strip sack and a quick 10-0 hole.

Running too much on first down has been an issue with this offense sense Vrabel became the head coach. Running Henry into 8/9 man boxes works against the lesser teams, but good teams have little trouble making this team one dimensional.

Browns, Packers, Ravens, all did the same thing last season. Shut Henry down on the early downs and the offense imploded.

Throwing it on first down more often will Help Henry in the long run.

Titans need to throw more on first down. First three drives today started with runs and put the offense in a predictable passing situation, something this offensive line isn’t great at. Led to a strip sack and a quick 10-0 hole.

Running too much on first down has been an issue with this offense sense Vrabel became the head coach. Running Henry into 8/9 man boxes works against the lesser teams, but good teams have little trouble making this team one dimensional.

Browns, Packers, Ravens, all did the same thing last season. Shut Henry down on the early downs and the offense imploded.

and I thought the whole point of having such great WR’s was to do exactly that but I guess Downing thinks otherwise. I’m willing to give him a chance though. Bowen on the other hand has turned this defense into a disaster since he took over. It doesn’t matter what players we march out on the field, the defense is always terrible and that’s on him, not the players.

Imagine having Julio and AJ and an entire offseason to draw up plays....then you start the season with a run up the middle against a stacked box lol

Or even utilize the play-action more.

This is what worried me the most about Downing. In his one year as OC in 2017 Oakland had the 3rd lowest rate of play action (14%) with an average DVOA of -7.7% (rank 29th and 30th) when he did use it. What little success he had came without play action where his offense ranked 9th in yards per pass. 2017 Play-Action Offense

View attachment 18664

Why Vrabel and Robinson hired somebody whose scheme is a complete mismatch for our offense is beyond me.

Totally agree with this. Everybody on both sides of the ball (and kicking) looked unprepared.

I can understand maybe thinking Lewan can slow down their best pass rusher but maybe after he shows he can't start chipping the guy? Then when Lewan goes out are we chipping Jones? Oh no, let Lamm handle him by himself. You see in football and coaching that is simply moronic.

Simply neutralizing Jones gives Tannehill a chance and gives us a chance to sustain more drives and score more points.

The other brain dead move which was also done by the two OCs before is announcing on the intercom THIS IS A PASS when Henry comes out of the game. Pin back your ears and rush that stud RB isn't running the ball. In short the OC wasn't much to write home about and Malarkey might have an edge on this guy. Wasn't that why Mularkey got the job to begin with because the previous coach was getting the QB killed.

If the D doesn't improve under Bowen soon, Schwartz will be promoted...I'm wondering if that's why he was brought on to begin with? Bowen on a very short leash

That game was pathetic with the talent this team has.

I actually saw a lot of our fan base upset with the “slander” from the media when talking about our OL.

I truly think this is lack of time together. Between Covid and injuries. This too shall pass. However, next weeks matchup is brutal.

Winning your division matches you up against other division winners the next season. The middle of our schedule is brutal this year. Starting slow might be a hole we can’t climb out of if we aren’t careful

Well if that happens then Vrabel will be out of a job and rightfully so. If we upgraded the roster talent and yet got worst then to me that is strictly on the coaching. But I def think having a rookie DC and OC is the worst thing a coaching staff could do.

Well if that happens then Vrabel will be out of a job and rightfully so. If we upgraded the roster talent and yet got worst then to me that is strictly on the coaching. But I def think having a rookie DC and OC is the worst thing a coaching staff could do.

Downing is not a rookie and 0% chance Vrabel is fired this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back