Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clowney has an injury history. The injury he has should not require surgery and he could be back in later in the season. But he will not, He is done got his money and thru. Good luck getting paid next year!

As much as I want to hate on the guy for taking our money, having dealt with a meniscus tear myself, that crap is really painful.

it’s hard to “push through” when every time it pinches it shoves a lightning bolt through your body.
I've had tears in both knees. One was simply trimmed, one removed.

I forget which way around it was, but one took a good 2-3 months before I was playing sport again, the other I was on a bike getting 90 degrees within 48 hours of the surgery.

The removal of cartilage screws you up later on in life though.

Wow, we really might end up with a 0 sack return from $25m investment for Clowney & Beasley. Complete disaster.
i feel like we should be able to recoup some of this money if they aren't cut and don't play half the season.. what kind of worker's comp pays 100% for the whole year

Ive heard of ufc fighters doing 6 weeks of training camp with injuries so the company pays the hospital bills after the fight but fuck me surely we're not obligated to pay clowney or beasley salary for their performance

Ive heard of ufc fighters doing 6 weeks of training camp with injuries so the company pays the hospital bills after the fight but **** me surely we're not obligated to pay clowney or beasley salary for their performance
I would think there’s a way out of some of the 25 million we dumped on those bums!

I can't complain -- we needed the pass rush because JROB was so adamant about taking a RT (which we have seen ZERO of that investment....) in the 1st round as opposed to moving around/sticking and picking a pass rusher........

Hopefully he doesn't need the surgery, and can return in several weeks. However, I have a feeling we're going to be going the Michigan route in Waterboy ---- plugging in the Towelboy at EDGE.....

As for whether to resign/cut him after this year -- idk.... just depends on our season this year and how much this injury impacts his price, or if we make another playoff appearance we could attract some free agents -- however i have zero confidence in our defenses ability to get coverage sacks or even zero coverage sacks...

Should have spent the clowney money on Conklin (having an All Pro year with Cleveland) and used the first round pick on edge. Of course it’s easy to say that NOW.

It matters for the future of the team. We lost all that money for non contributors and won't have that money to sign replacements
Really? How? The team has plenty of money. They aren’t broke all of a sudden. Neither of those players are a cap hit next season. What are you talking about ?

Only saving grace is both Beasley and Clowney were 1 year deals so no cap hits to next year (when I keep reading the salary cap could go down)

Only saving grace is both Beasley and Clowney were 1 year deals so no cap hits to next year (when I keep reading the salary cap could go down)

Ya thank god these were 1 year prove it deals. That being said, if you cant have a great season in your prove it year, that should say a lot. Usually guys have their best seasons in their prove it years.

I can't complain -- we needed the pass rush because JROB was so adamant about taking a RT (which we have seen ZERO of that investment....) in the 1st round as opposed to moving around/sticking and picking a pass rusher........

Hopefully he doesn't need the surgery, and can return in several weeks. However, I have a feeling we're going to be going the Michigan route in Waterboy ---- plugging in the Towelboy at EDGE.....

As for whether to resign/cut him after this year -- idk.... just depends on our season this year and how much this injury impacts his price, or if we make another playoff appearance we could attract some free agents -- however i have zero confidence in our defenses ability to get coverage sacks or even zero coverage sacks...

What pass rusher was he supposed to take in the first round? I understand the criticism of the Wilson pick but there weren’t any pass rushers worth taking at that spot

Should have spent the clowney money on Conklin (having an All Pro year with Cleveland) and used the first round pick on edge. Of course it’s easy to say that NOW.

Again I’ll ask the question. What edge player would you have taken at our spot? This was a weak class for edge players.

What pass rusher was he supposed to take in the first round? I understand the criticism of the Wilson pick but there weren’t any pass rushers worth taking at that spot

Not necessarily 1st round ..... I refuse to believe no one was trying to get back up into the 1st round to leap some of the early 2nd round teams....

Trade back, pick up a 2nd - draft Yetur Gross Matos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back