Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I’ll ask the question. What edge player would you have taken at our spot? This was a weak class for edge players.

Take off your JRob knee pads and bib collector set. Isiah Wilson picked sucked. Totally NOT a "hard working, football minded team kind of guy".

You can't rationalize a bad pick- there were plenty of other good picks behind Wilson. Or you can trade. There are LOTS of options rather than where we picked.

Having said that, I agree you DO have to take a few chances in the draft. But the first round has the highest probability of "hitting" with your draft capital. And 1st rounders (except QB's) ARE expected to contribute to the team right away.

JRob a slightly above average GM. That's where the average of his highs and lows falls since he's been here. Hey- that's good enough for me. But I have to call out anybody sounding like they've crowned him GOAT GM and want to rationalize his mistakes. And who knows about next year? IW might get serious about being in the NFL and disprove his current earned reputation.

Not necessarily 1st round ..... I refuse to believe no one was trying to get back up into the 1st round to leap some of the early 2nd round teams....

Trade back, pick up a 2nd - draft Yetur Gross Matos

Im sure you wouldn’t complain at all about him only having 4 tackles on the year.

Take off your JRob knee pads and bib collector set. Isiah Wilson picked sucked. Totally NOT a "hard working, football minded team kind of guy".

You can't rationalize a bad pick- there were plenty of other good picks behind Wilson. Or you can trade. There are LOTS of options rather than where we picked.

Having said that, I agree you DO have to take a few chances in the draft. But the first round has the highest probability of "hitting" with your draft capital. And 1st rounders (except QB's) ARE expected to contribute to the team right away.

JRob a slightly above average GM. That's where the average of his highs and lows falls since he's been here. Hey- that's good enough for me. But I have to call out anybody sounding like they've crowned him GOAT GM and want to rationalize his mistakes. And who knows about next year? IW might get serious about being in the NFL and disprove his current earned reputation.

Did you skip over the post where I criticized the Wilson pick? Hell I hated it on draft night. Go ahead and show me a post of me praising the Wilson pick. Until you can do that shut the hell up.

I’ve hated the Wilson pick since day 1 still hate it. But it’s easy to sit here and say we should’ve drafted an edge player. This was a weak draft class for edge defenders. I wanted a CB round 1. Ended up getting the guy in round 2. But outside of Chase Young there aren’t a whole lot of rookie edge guys making an impact. Wilson isn’t making an impact either but you would be complaining the other way if he took an edge guy that wasn’t playing.

Y’all don’t even see your own hypocrisy. Hell half this board complained about the Simmons pick lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you skip over the post where I criticized the Wilson pick? Hell I hated it on draft night. Go ahead and show me a post of me praising the Wilson pick. Until you can do that shut the hell up.

I’ve hated the Wilson pick since day 1 still hate it. But it’s easy to sit here and say we should’ve drafted an edge player. This was a weak draft class for edge defenders. I wanted a CB round 1. Ended up getting the guy in round 2. But outside of Chase Young there aren’t a whole lot of rookie edge guys making an impact. Wilson isn’t making an impact either but you would be complaining the other way if he took an edge guy that wasn’t playing.

Y’all don’t even see your own hypocrisy. Hell half this board complained about the Simmons pick lol

View attachment 17955

My comment is based on you suggesting there wasn’t a better option available and a past debate you and I had whereby you maligned me for saying JRob was a slightly above average GM.

You would think someone on here so long would be a quality poster, but it's clear you are just a troll. When asked to back up your argument you just ignore it lol.

You can't even back up the above average GM claim. I've asked you to do that multiple times now. What is average for a GM? Who is setting the standard for "average?" How are you comparing GM's who have only been around a year or 2?

I know you won't actually respond with anything useful to say, but I'll keep asking you these questions until maybe you can muster something that resembles an answer.

Oh and I'll still wait for the Wilson pick praise post too. Since you think I'm on board with that pick for some reason. Maybe you can also provide the EDGE player we should have taken in his spot?

You would think someone on here so long would be a quality poster, but it's clear you are just a troll. When asked to back up your argument you just ignore it lol.

You can't even back up the above average GM claim. I've asked you to do that multiple times now. What is average for a GM? Who is setting the standard for "average?" How are you comparing GM's who have only been around a year or 2?

I know you won't actually respond with anything useful to say, but I'll keep asking you these questions until maybe you can muster something that resembles an answer.

Oh and I'll still wait for the Wilson pick praise post too. Since you think I'm on board with that pick for some reason. Maybe you can also provide the EDGE player we should have taken in his spot?

Gone to name calling and insults. Def triggered.

You prove JRob isn’t a slightly above average GM. You’re just a JRob fanboy. Not interested in trying to reason with a fanboy.

You prove JRob isn’t a slightly above average GM. You’re just a JRob fanboy. Not interested in trying to reason with a fanboy.

Ive told you there is no legitimate way to judge GM’s and compare them around the league. It’s a subjective argument.

I’m not the one claiming JRob is above average but I’m the one who has to prove he isn’t? Lol what kind of sense does that make?

It’s basically impossible to compare GM’s around the league. Way too many variables involved.

That’s how you started your response to me lmao so maybe you’re the triggered one?

still can’t answer the questions I see. Not even one of them. Very telling.
Re-read my original post that triggered you. It’s in response to your comments that rationalize JRob’s Wilson pick as “there wasn’t a better EDGE rusher behind......”. That is rationalization by definition. And it’s defending JRob. I get you can’t see it because you’re very supportive that JRob is better than a slightly above average GM.

Ive told you there is no legitimate way to judge GM’s and compare them around the league. It’s a subjective argument.

Hmmm. Owner’s would disagree. Otherwise- they’d never fire GM’s or have definite search criteria for new ones.

But again, I understand where you’re coming from.

Re-read my original post that triggered you. It’s in response to your comments that rationalize JRob’s Wilson pick as “there wasn’t a better EDGE rusher behind......”. That is rationalization by definition. And it’s defending JRob. I get you can’t see it because you’re very supportive that JRob is better than a slightly above average GM.

No it’s not. I’m asked them to name an edge player available. It doesn’t mean I’m ok with the Wilson pick. It’s not a binary thought process.

The pick was bad but you can’t just say “we should have taken another need instead”. That’s not logical especially without providing an example to back up that claim.

If there was a legitimate edge player we passed on it’s a valid argument. Again my stance was CB but we got the guy I wanted in rd 2.

Hmmm. Owner’s would disagree. Otherwise- they’d never fire GM’s or have definite search criteria for new ones.

But again, I understand where you’re coming from.

Owners fire GM’s based their teams results. Usually the get to pick “their guy” at HC and if it doesn’t produce results they are gone. I don’t think it has as much to do with league comparison as you assume.

I’m sure it happens to some extent but there’s no concrete way to judge that. Which is why you saying that is subjective.

No it’s not. I’m asked them to name an edge player available. It doesn’t mean I’m ok with the Wilson pick. It’s not a binary thought process.

The pick was bad but you can’t just say “we should have taken another need instead”. That’s not logical especially without providing an example to back up that claim.

If there was a legitimate edge player we passed on it’s a valid argument. Again my stance was CB but we got the guy I wanted in rd 2.

It IS a binary process if you are evaluating the pick as it was picked OR retrospectively. Agree it isn’t if not.

If you are separating the quality of the pick from JRob being held accountable retrospectively, I have a real problem with that. You can’t rationalize the pick was OK because “what pick was better at the time?” Everybody uses performance to evaluate the pick.

It was a consensus opinion AT THE TIME Wilson was picked it was a reach project pick. It was not a popular pick with “pundits”. And you just don’t gamble with 1st round picks. So any suggestion that it can’t be classified as a bad pick and that the pick does not reflect negatively on JRob is simply rationalization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back